IGNORED

Where are you planning to travel this summer?

Yama Mama

I am not being nosey! Just wondered where every one is planning on riding to this summer. I know where I want to travel; I am never sure if it will happen or not.

I want to go the Smokies again, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and probably down in Kentucky to take some of the distillery tours. I also would love to go to some Blue Grass Festivals.

Of course, to Freebird's MD.

Yama Mama

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No plans for this year other than Kruisin in the Kootenays. Money's tight this year as I'm starting to collect my Canada Pension in June and to qualify, I have to quit working for one month (and have no income) so that will consume any savings. Once the pension starts coming in, it goes towards paying for the new scoot. Until then, I've been supporting the payments out of savings.

Ask this question again next year and I'll have something better :D

Well for sur ethe wife and I are going to mini aheville. MOre than likely a few rides in the Blue ridge Nad probably a trip or two to kerr lake. All of those will be on the bike plus a few in the Nantahala Gorge to raft out of the cage. Let us know when you plan on hitting the Blue ridge and who knows we might be able to meet yoWe live close and have ridding the entire parkway in the cage so now for the bikes.

david

Well to start I'm heading to NY for memorial day weekend, my niece is having her communion that weekend. Then Oberlin for MD, also skid in (even if it's only for the weekend). Mini asheville in July nothing planned for Aug. Jeff isn't getting vacation this year so only weekend type trips will work for us. No Vogel for us this year.

If you make it to the Blue ridge you'll have to give me some notice I may be able to make a gathering for you. I know Painter and rooster would be able to head over since it's in there backyard.

Margaret

I'm planning an Interstate ride from Memphis to San Diego the last week of March-first week of April.

Southern route via Little Rock, Dallas, Abeline (overnight) El Paso, Tucson (overnight) San Diego by mid day on day three.

Anyone else heading that way?:thumbsup:

I am planning to get to Kruisn the Kootenays in BC in July and then in Sept i am headed to Cody WY for the Venturerider Roundup.

It looks like I am staying a lot closer to home this year than I did last year.

But I forgot, i am slated for some sinus surgery in april or may I am hoping it wont interfere with any riding.

Brian

Edited by friesman

I am planning to get to Kruisn the Kootenays in BC in July and then in Sept i am headed to Cody WY for the Venturerider Roundup.

It looks like I am staying a lot closer to home this year than I did last year.

Brian

good plan Brian... I bet it kinda sucks towin a bike all over the place.... :witch_brew:

:sign just kidding:

Hate to say it but if the econmy doesn't pick up we wont be going anywhere but local meets. Were going to put the house up for sale in the spring and all the extra monie we have (which is very little) will go toward tweaking the property for sale.

We'll be at Maintenance day, but other than that....I don't know :confused24:

good plan Brian... I bet it kinda sucks towin a bike all over the place.... :witch_brew:

:sign just kidding:

It does suck towing a bike all over, I spent over 1000 bucks on gas last years trip, thats one reason why I dont plan on doing it this year!!! :smile5: PLUS its just a lot more fun to RIDE!!!!!!!:dancefool:

Brian

My whole year is now up in the air - as I got laid off last month. I had planned on making STAR DAYS and the CODY Roundup - as well as couple of other Regional events. I still plan on making CODY - but will need to see how the health is (had kidney infections this week - waiting for test results) - and the work situation. A new boss might not be as understanding that sometimes we just got to go riding - ya know :confused24::crying:

My whole year is now up in the air - as I got laid off last month. I had planned on making STAR DAYS and the CODY Roundup - as well as couple of other Regional events. I still plan on making CODY - but will need to see how the health is (had kidney infections this week - waiting for test results) - and the work situation. A new boss might not be as understanding that sometimes we just got to go riding - ya know :confused24::crying:

I hope you get back to work soon, and that you find a boss who lets you ride whenever you like.....Come on up here, we still have more jobs than people living here. (of course you would hafta live thru a winter.....)

i hope you get feeling better soon, and that everything turns out to be minor issues.

Brian

The lady and I are planning a trip to the Southern most point in the US in Key West. Probably around June will be are departing time. Then some short trips throughout the summer to the mountains and so on. First thing is to get my bike back together from the accident, which will be done soon. Just in time for spring.

have vacation time set aside for the int. rally at the hub. also have vacation time set aside for the Cody trip in september, i really would like to go but will have to waite and see. have the Texas Maintance Day coming up on march 14, but that's only a couple of miles from me. roadhand had told me about having some kind of ride or meeting over around San Antonio in april. will find out more at the tex m/d. have been giving a thought about a ride over to New Iberia, Lousiana. to go see the famous tobasco (hot sauce) plant/gift shop. also need to do a sepcial run down towards Corpus Christi soon, have a promise to keep. other than that my dance card is open.

best reguards

don c. :happy34:

A buddy and I are taking our RSV's and are planning a tour of the US. We will leave Atl., Ga and hit TN, KY, IL, MO, IA, SD, WY, MT, WY, MT, ID, WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO, NM, CO, KS, MO, IL, KY, TN, and back to Atlanta, Ga. hopefully in 28 days so we can get back and go on an overnighter to Helen, Ga with the rest of our group. That just wore me out typing it much less riding it.

Harry:usa::usa::usa:

Edited by YamaDuck

Southwest

Star B.Q.

Las Vegas March

Star Days

Billing, MT July

Northwest

Star B.Q.

Medford, OR August

Pacific Coast

Highway, CA August

And, all over in-between. Now, I just need to ask my boss for the time-off (cross fingers).

Pete.