IGNORED

Possible VR Directory of the Best Restaurants visited by the VR Members

Yama Mama

We were talking on chat last night about the Meet and Eat tomorrow in SC. and said what if we listed the favorite or best restaurants in a directory form listing the type of food, price range and the location of the restaurants across the country.:325:

So what do you think, or would it be a waste of time to do.

Yama Mama

There's a show on TV called something like "Drive-ins, Diners, and dives" ... this guy goes around chekkin out some really cool places to eat ... watching it makes a guy wanna do a road trip just to visit those places LOL

Lonna and I watch a lot of shows like that on the travel channel and food network. I have started to keep a list of cool places to eat and when were in or around an area where one of the food establishments are, we are going to stop in....I think it's a cool idea

:happy34:

Well you can always look here, http://www.roadfood.com/ to check out an area. Helps me in a new section of the country.

I think our very own resturant list would be great. I checked your link and did a search for Susanville Ca., and it gave me a ton of eateries in Northern California, but nothing in Susanville. Gotta put the Black Bear Resturant in Susanville on 'our' list..... :clap2: Oh yeah... Margies in San Luis Obispo:thumbsup2: I think one of the requirements for the list is that the member has to have eaten there. Not hearsay off some TV show.

Edited by Condor

I do not have a clue how to make this directory up. Having a sub forum here may be a good idea, but how would you organize them into states or say for instance areas of the country; for instance one could be just classified under the south east coastal area, etc.

I believe this would be more helpful than the television shows because these would be listed from members who have eaten there.

I just think it would helpful in planning trips, and even meet & eats.

Yama Mama

I like the idea myself. One of the criteria I look for in a restaurant to make it worthy enough for a meet and eat is #1, quality food. #2 comfortable seating for all #3 friendly, laid back though attentive staff and #4 safe and convenient parking for the bikes. If it meets this tough set of standards theyre in! :scratchchin:

Unless its for free then all bets are off........

Don, you could set up a section like the section for our names by state. Then when you get a restruant you insert it into the state it is in. or where it would go there automatically with a form we fill in. I'm not too computer literate but that way we could look them up by state just as we look up people by state. Lyle

Don, you could set up a section like the section for our names by state. Then when you get a restruant you insert it into the state it is in. or where it would go there automatically with a form we fill in. I'm not too computer literate but that way we could look them up by state just as we look up people by state. Lyle

That sounds like a good idea BRscooter. It makes sense.

I am starting to think not a lot of people are interested in this idea.

I thought there would be a lot more responses.

Thanks to those who have responded though.

Yama Mama

That sounds like a good idea BRscooter. It makes sense.

I am starting to think not a lot of people are interested in this idea.

I thought there would be a lot more responses.

Thanks to those who have responded though.

Yama Mama

Nope you are wrong I think it is a GREAT idea!:lightbulb: I just don't know how to start it up. But with that said, I would be more than willing to add places to the "form"!:thumbsup2:

I have just been reading and waiting to see what kind of marvel the boss pulls out of his bag of tricks for this one?:bowdown:

I like the idea of making one like the "member list" easily sorted by state. Just sounds great to me!:sign woo hoo:

Bryan

Would it be helpful to list whether or not the place serves beer and or wine? I know that sometimes I like to have a beer or glass of wine with my meal, and if 2 or more places are close to each other and one serves alcohol and the other doesn't that will be a strong factor in which one I choose. For instance, I like beer with pizza and bar-b-que and a glass of wine with Italian food. Just a thought, others may disagree as they feel even one glass of alcohol is not good if riding, but I personally can't even feel it, especially with a big meal.

I think it is a great idea!!!

I think Freebirds idea would be a great start as a sub area in favorite destinations. Would it be possible to break it down further into regions under the favorite resturants like Southeast, Northwest.......Then as threads get started under each region, list the state in the title of the thread? That way it would be easy to search for recommended resturants in the state you might be traveling to

So we will need:

1. Posters name
  2. Name of the eatery
  3. Address of the eatery
  4. State or Province etc
  5. Web site (if available)
  6. Quality of food (we may want to list that the food is horrible)
  7. Quality of service
  8. Biker friendly (parking, trusted location, etc)
  9. Kind of food
  10. Date of last visit
  11. Alcohol served

Add to this list if you like

This is a GREAT idea. I certainly have a few places here in Southern Ontario that I truly believe need a mention. I also like to travel somewhat and would love to try out new places. The idea of being able to search by location would make it very practical. Bring it ON..

I, too, think this a great idea whose time has come! Between all the M&Es we have and the Road Trips we take, this would be a wonderful addition to the site.

I agree with brscooter that the most useful approach would likely be a "copy" of the Member's List format, but with the different headings that would be required. That way it would be easy to look up by the state first and foremost. We would fill out a "registration", much like we did when you joined the Forum.

My simple list of categories would be:

State, Restaurant Name, Type of Food, Address, Pricing, M&E friendly, Alcohol, Website, Posted by. That the food is good and the service acceptable should be a given. Let's not post if it's not worth visiting!

Of course, this is all more work for Don, but perhaps once it's set-up, it would be reasonably self-maintaining.

TERRY

. Let's not post if it's not worth visiting!

Of course, this is all more work for Don, but perhaps once it's set-up, it would be reasonably self-maintaining.

TERRY

I thought about that as well, but thought that is the food was horrible then why should more than one of us have to suffer.