IGNORED

The Butt Butler

utadventure

I just wanted to express my appreciation for the excellent work Rick did on my seat. I got the seat back yesterday (FedEx made this more difficult than necessary). It looks and feel great even though the weather won't let me get it out and ride yet. **How is it you guys in PA can look at a groundhog on 2/2 and we start getting snow again in Utah?**

I want everyone to know that Rick goes beyond just making a couple of changes to your seat and putting the cover back on. My seat had some challenges because of some previous damage by the PO and Rick took the time and added work to sure it was right.

THANKS AGAIN!!! I'll let you know how great it is when the weather cooperates.

Dave (with PMS):depressed:

Rick did mine last week in time for the Houston M & E. When we got home after a mere 175 miles, my wife and I barely realized we'd been on a bike. No ache at all! I can't wait for our 475 mile trip this weekend to give it a real workout.

I also took the time to inspect his workmanship. You can't even tell the cover had ever been off the seat. I think he hit the same staple holes!

Way to go Rick!

Dave

Not only does Rick do a super job with the seat mod but NO ONE is going to beat his price or speedy service!

I took my seat to 3 different Upholstery Shops to inquire about them doing the same mod and the costs.....Lowest price of the 3 was over $180. Shortest amount of time required for the mod was 3 weeks.

Nuff said.........

Boomer...........one happy customer and rider.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for Rick to do the mod?

My seat took about a week from the time Rick received it.

All total, 3 weeks. Shipped to him, one week. Mod done-one week. Shipped back, one week.

The courriers and shipping take all the time.

Great "Stuff" !

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for Rick to do the mod?

He probably only took 1 day to do the mod on mine. Shipping time was 1 week to him via US Post Office.....3 days back to me because Rick sent it back via UPS....and did not charge me a dime for the shipment back.

I would recommend Rick's seat modifications to everyone. I got mine back about a month ago and although the weather has prevented me from riding every day, I have been able to put several hundred miles on and I really love the seat. I had been thinking about getting a back rest, but I don't think I need one now. (That makes the wife really happy!!) Even my mechanic fell in love with it.

Thanks again Rick, I really appreciated what you did. I think it took a little over 2 weeks to send it off and get it back. It was quick enough for me and certainly well worth the money. You couldn't do it any cheaper any where else. AND get the extra service that Rick provides...he even fixed my seat where it was starting to tear.

Don (one very satisfied customer):cool10:

I just rec`d my seat back from Rick and it looks great. Here in central Wi it is snowing so riding will have to wait. But the work is First class. Will be telling other venture riders that I ride with. Also the bag bolts are the cat`s meow along with the seat nuts. Great job Rick and Thanks much.

We left this morning at 6:30...made a couple of stops for Fuel and to eat. Really had no destination...just riding. Traveled 384 miles my face got wind burnt or sun burnt...my tail in good shape.

Thanks Rick. Best Money I ever spent.

Now if he can come up with a mod to keep my face from getting all red.

:think:

'thecount'......When did you have your seat done? How did you handle the shipping....Canada Post/USPS or Courier? Did you have issues with duty and taxes? I've heard and noticed an increase in shipping costs via Canada Post and USPS....esp. on items i've inquired about on Ebay. I have a 1st Gen. and have /am considering his mods for that seat. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Finally go around to do some extended test runs after Rick's modification to my 1stGen seat. It's amazing how much difference it made to the comfort level of the seat.

After first installing the modified seat and a short run I noticed that my seating position was way to hunched over, I moved the bottom handle bar adjustment one notch back and the stubs one notch up. Now after about 800 miles I have not had any problems with my back or thighs, an amazing transformation. Also, the wife's foot has not fallen asleep anymore, thanks to the reshaped plateau of the seat.

Take this as another endorsement of Rick's craftsmanship and service, I had the seat back in a little bit more then two weeks.

Klaus