IGNORED

Ebay Carb. Diaphragm Replacement!

There is a company in Kitchener, Ontario Canada called Sirius Consolidated Inc. www.siriusconinc.com . They carry a fairly large selection of carburetor parts (and other motorcycle parts too) many geared to older bikes. They don't list the diaphragms for the Venture but it may be a source to persue. This may be the place TimGray is referring to. Also if there is a source in Japan I have an aquaintance there that could possibly help out (Japanese address). Just some thoughts. As I stated earlier I am also interested in getting at least one set

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope so because there is no way that this guy can be the only one in the world with them. and a LOT of 1st gens will be needing these very soon.

If we can get the diaphragms only for $10.00 each I'm in for 12 of them. It would be nice to have a set to keep and a set for a friend that has the same carb setup on his bike. Anyone know what the Keyster part number is? I'm going to spend the rest of this week pelting companies that sell their parts to see if they can order them.

I'll take "2 DOZEN" at that price I have a small stable of Ventures:rotf::rotf::rotf: :canada::canada::canada:

[1]
2 records
Search for: model - xvz13
Part No. Image Description Model Year Price Status Paypal Cart
CARBURETOR PARTS - CARB KITS AND FLOATS
SD1http://www.siriusconinc.com/ebayimages/SD1.jpgSLIDE DIAPHRAGM SET OF 4V-MAX VMX12 XVZ13 VENTURE ROYAL72mm OS 30 mm IS$ 89.00IN STOCKhttp://images.paypal.com/images/sc-but-01.gif

Barry, you DA' MAN! I can't beleive the the Canuks finally got the goods on us good old boys from the USA! Way to go guys! Perhaps Condor or Freebird could arrange a group buy for the guys that need these puppies.

Great team work, everyone,:clap2:

Earl

Barry, you DA' MAN! I can't beleive the the Canuks finally got the goods on us good old boys from the USA! Way to go guys! Perhaps Condor or Freebird could arrange a group buy for the guys that need these puppies.

Earl

I'm going to let someone else step up to the plate on this one. I'm still wrestling with MAC on the last group buy. BTW Earl. I had an extra slider/diaphragm assembly and figured what the 'H', and the rubber pulled right out. Boy do I feel paranoid.....:backinmyday: Who ever is successful putting together a group buy, I'm in for a couple of sets.....:thumbsup2: Another thing. From the picture it looks like these have the correct sized alignment tab. No carving to make it fit... :sign woo hoo:

[1]
2 records

Search for: model - xvz13

Part No. Image Description Model Year Price Status Paypal Cart
CARBURETOR PARTS - CARB KITS AND FLOATS
SD1http://www.siriusconinc.com/ebayimages/SD1.jpgSLIDE DIAPHRAGM SET OF 4V-MAX VMX12 XVZ13 VENTURE ROYAL72mm OS 30 mm IS$ 89.00IN STOCKhttp://images.paypal.com/images/sc-but-01.gif

Earl

This posting needs to be added to the Maintenance Library !!!!!!! :clap2::thumbsup2:

That rocks. I could not find those on their website. what search term did you use to find them? I tried XVZ12 and they never came up.

Would those work on the 83?

$89.00 a set. and magically they can sell them more than 1 set at a time, they must have a better distribution deal than the ebay seller :)

That may be a problem Why do they specify different slides for a 83-85 and 86 on up? Does anyone know if the rubber diaphragm's between a 83-85 and 86- are different? That might be why my searches dont show any results as those diaphragms will not fit a early first gen

That may be a problem Why do they specify different slides for a 83-85 and 86 on up? Does anyone know if the rubber diaphragm's between a 83-85 and 86- are different? That might be why my searches dont show any results as those diaphragms will not fit a early first gen

Diaphragm are the same. Sliders are also the same, except the '83. The '83 has smaller Lifter Hole Boring than the others.

Are these diaphragms from Sirius at $89.00 for a set of four the same make/quality that the Ebay seller is handling?

These are for a set of 4, probably the same as the ebay guy.

I'll be in for a set if we can "get'er done" real quick, like while I have the money. If not within the next couple of weeks, I'll go ahead and get my own.

Dan

Thanks Lonestarmedic,

image.php?u=2941&dateline=1193629289 lonestarmedic user_online.gif
Fire Cpt. NREMTP
United%20States.gif
TX.gif

icon1.gif Carb Diaphragms

Ok - If we need a spot to park these, I would be willing to head up the posse. Just send me a PM with the company and any contact info. If we can swing a deal, I would be willing to put a few sets in stock on my shelf.

JB If you can swing the deal I'm in. Let me know how much and where to pay! :thumbsup2: Ron

I think what we're going to need to do is find out what the minimum quantity would be required for maximum discount, then have JB or a volunteer to start collecting orders and money. Or...someone pony up the money up front, and then take orders. If they require a 100 piece minimum, it could run up in the $1000 area. However I don't see a problem selling 100 sets....

Story: Back in the days, when I bought and sold cameras, I had a friend who was a pilot for PanAm in the pacific, and when he'd lay over in Japan or HongKong he'd pick me up Nikon front and rear lens, and body caps at about 160¥ ea. with the dollar at 360¥/$1. I used to have him pick up 400-500 at a time. When he came through customs he told them he had a lot of cameras.... :) :whistling:

I take it the Yamaha dealer price I found on line a couple days ago of 79.57 is per carb? Part #41R-14940-09-00. Figured it was per carb anyway. 99Silver told me about this post. If these work on a 83 I'm in for a set.

Edited by KarlS
more info.