IGNORED

Problem with Carbon_One lift adapter

I bought a lift adapter from Carbon_One in September. I did not try to use it until December. When I attempted to put the pin through, it would not go. The pin would only cover half the hole. Has anyone else had this problem??? Yes, I had it facing in the right direction.... Now I have a lift adapter that I cannot use...

Edited by davecb
I have trouble typing the right letters

Dave,

This is the 1st time I have ever heard of any problems with Larry's adapter. I have one of them and know many other folks that use them as well. Please contact Larry asap as I know if there is a problem with the assembly he will make it right.

I bought a lift adapter from Carbon_One in September. I did not try to use it until December. When I attempted to put the pin through, it would not go. The pin would only cover half the hole. Has anyone else had this problem??? Yes, I had it facing in the right direction.... Now I have a lift adapter that I cannot use...

Have you tried getting in touch with Larry? I too just purchased a lift adapter, but honestly, have not even opened the box yet just way too cold for me :whistling:. From everything I have read and heard about his product, and his person, he and it are solid. So I am sure that a quick word to him, will get you a solution, whatever it may be. I think that may be faster, than an open forum post. And even if there is a problem, I know Larry will want to fix it asap. Cheers!!

Sonny

I have one and had the same problem. I just ground a taper on the end of the rod/pin and went right in. It fit a little tight, but I liked that better than having it flopping around. I have done some frabricating over the years and know sometimes things just don't line up right after welding. This wasn't a big deal for me, but if you need it changed I'm sure Carbon One will make it right. Don't hesitate to contact him.

I have one and had the same problem. I just ground a taper on the end of the rod/pin and went right in. It fit a little tight, but I liked that better than having it flopping around. I have done some frabricating over the years and know sometimes things just don't line up right after welding. This wasn't a big deal for me, but if you need it changed I'm sure Carbon One will make it right. Don't hesitate to contact him.

My sentiments exactly, I prefer a snug fit.

If it’s just slightly off the pin will flex enough to go through the hole. I’m thinking to taper the end of the pin to help get it started through the hole but I don’t really see it as a problem. A slight bend of the rod (pin) and twist on the handle and you’re in.

I love my adapter just the way it is and don’t see it as a problem. Make sure the adapter is sitting squarely on the frame when you attempt to put the pin through.

I also have one and bought it used from a forum member. The jack adapter really has to be snug. As mentioned before, have all the tabs lines up and the bar should slide right through. Sometimes, you will have to go on the right side or have an assistant push the adapter upwards to get it lined up. If unsuccessful, Carbon One should be able to work something out for you. Good Luck.

Dave,

I have an angle grinder to grind the rod end down, a drill to open the tab hole if need be, and most any other tool necessary to help you with it.

Just let me know when.

Boxing it back up and shipping back and forth will be a PITA but as sure as I am typing this I know Larry will stand behind it and make it right.

I will talk with you tomorrow at breakfast about it more and see what we can do to get you going right now in stead of shipping it back and forth.

When I was there looking at it with you and Grey Fox last month, we had other things going on and it was a little cold to mess with it.

Lets take another look at it if you want. :thumbsup2:

Hi Dave

Ok The easyest way to resolve this problem will be to put the rod throught the first 3 holes with the handle facing forward (or rearward if you prefer), then bend the rod just enough to allow it to slip into the outer hole of the adapter. Once the rod is pushed in far enough then turn the handle 180*. This should lock the adapter up solid to the bikes frame.

There has been a couple of other customers that has has this occure to them and doing the above adjustments have resolved the issue.

As everyone noted I will stand behind my lift adapters. And to date haven't had anyone ask for a refund or replacement yet. Knock on some wood now.

I'll be adding this info in my instructions.

Larry

Hi Dave

Ok The easyest way to resolve this problem will be to put the rod throught the first 3 holes with the handle facing forward (or rearward if you prefer), then bend the rod just enough to allow it to slip into the outer hole of the adapter. Once the rod is pushed in far enough then turn the handle 180*. This should lock the adapter up solid to the bikes frame.

*snip*

Larry

I found that my rod was slightly bent.* It's really hard to put in with the handle straight down, but facing forward it works easily enough. Then, I turn it backward as Larry said.

* - get your minds out of the gutter!

Have you tried getting in touch with Larry? I too just purchased a lift adapter, but honestly, have not even opened the box yet just way too cold for me :whistling:. From everything I have read and heard about his product, and his person, he and it are solid. So I am sure that a quick word to him, will get you a solution, whatever it may be. I think that may be faster, than an open forum post. And even if there is a problem, I know Larry will want to fix it asap. Cheers!!

Sonny

Just to set the record straight...I did not start this forum to bash anyone..I sent Larry three e-mails and never got an answer. This is why I posted it in a forum.

Thanks, Larry, For the info.

DaveCB

Just to set the record straight...I did not start this forum to bash anyone..I sent Larry three e-mails and never got an answer. This is why I posted it in a forum.

Thanks, Larry, For the info.

DaveCB

No problem Dave and I didn't consider it bashing either. For the record my pc had been shut down most of this week while I was renovating the spare bedroom where I have the pc set up. Thus may have been the reason for not answering. Have to go back thru all the e-mails during that time again as I must of overlooked yours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Larry