IGNORED

NO Politics

Freebird

OK folks...I honestly don't know how else to say it. I've put it in the site information, I've pleaded and begged, I've always tried very hard to be nice in the way that I request things of you. I honestly don't ask for much but one thing that I have ALWAYS requested is that we refrain from political discussion here. Some folks just don't seem to get it though.

In the 4 1/2 years that this site has existed, I think there has been ONE single member banned. OK...there have been some spammers banned but I'm talking about legit members. Most of you have been very respectful of the very few rules that we have here. There are however a small handful of members who just can't resist making a political statement anytime the slightest opportunity presents itself. It might be in response to a joke, a casual post, whatever but they just have to do it. Some seem to think that they are so smart and witty that the political implications of their post will fly under the radar. Let me assure you, it doesn't happen. I read every single post made to this site and in fact, I have it set up so that ever single post is emailed to me. I can promise you that I watch these things. I try very hard to be fair and I often let things go until I see a war starting to break out but have become less tolerant as time goes on.

So, there have been plenty of warnings, nice requests, begging and pleading. I simply cannot continue to allow a handful of folks to continue to push the envelope every chance they get. You are all intelligent people and you KNOW when you are doing it. Don't send me emails or PMs asking if I am talking about you. You KNOW if I am or not. As much as I despise the thought, I'm not going to continue having to dance around just a few people. Those who continue to abuse our few simple rules are subject to being banned from the site with no further warning. This may seem extreme but if it happens, you have caused it to happen. This applies to everybody, regardless of their political affiliations. If you are Democrat, Independent, Republican, conservative, libertal, whatever...this is not the site for it. This includes not only posts on the forum and profile pages but also avatars, signatures, etc.

The only other major thing here is that the site is PG rated. I know that there is a big difference between PG rated and G rated. I'm not trying to make this the Disney Channel but some have gotten a bit lax in their language and jokes.

Please help me to get these things back under control. You are the greatest group I've ever had the pleasure of being associated with. This message applies to VERY few of you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the ONE person that I mentioned earlier that has been banned. He has been banned again. He may get on again and if so, he will be banned again.

Do you have the ability to IP ban? If not, maybe the server provider can do it for you. Granted there are ways around it, but not all people are wise to the ways.

Do you have the ability to IP ban? If not, maybe the server provider can do it for you. Granted there are ways around it, but not all people are wise to the ways.

His IP is probably dynamic so it would do no good to ban that IP. And banning an IP range may stop others from joining or logging on if they happen to be on the same provider. I have been a mod here for a while and I can tell you Don is more than fare with EVERYONE here. That paticular person (banned) had some real issues in general.

Don does a good job of balancing the whole site which is not easy to do. Beside having to stay on top of a constant changing technology he must also understand people, content and intentions. The technology part is hard enough but ya throw people in the mix and it becomes a real task.

Edited by BuddyRich

No political posts is the easiest thing for us all. Just don´t do it. Don should not have to mention this ever again unless there is a newbie that does not know or some odd mistake.

I have done this once in a humorous way but will never again - thats a promise!

So lets all stay off politics - Don and the Mods have enough on their hands already and should not have to mentor us as little kids. We are supposed to be grownups right?

StarFan the Viking has no "ctrl" button on his computer. StarFan is always in control !

Boss.. you do what you gotta do....we'll all stand behind you..we have a great site here and although we all get carried away sometimes..we do it in fun , not to attack anyone or to hurt anyones feelings....we will abide by any rules you seem fit to inpose..all three of them..not to much to ask for....

Edited by BIG TOM

His IP is probably dynamic so it would do no good to ban that IP. And banning an IP range may stop others from joining or logging on if they happen to be on the same provider. I have been a mod here for a while and I can tell you Don is more than fare with EVERYONE here. That paticular person (banned) had some real issues in general.

Don does a good job of balancing the whole site which is not easy to do. Beside having to stay on top of a constant changing technology he must also understand people, content and intentions. The technology part is hard enough but ya throw people in the mix and it becomes a real task.

True it is more than likely dynamic, but it used to be that most dynamic IPs were assigned for 10 days at a time and if they are using a broadband connection it would usually renew to the same IP at least that was the way it was years ago. Times being what they are they might have changed how they do things these days. Even still if that is the way it's done someone with computer savey would know how to get around that.

Im surprised that there isnt some long response from the Squid yet. You know he has to get his two cents in on this.

:stirthepot::rotf:

Im with you Don, not the place for it. I have alot to say on the subject but not here.

Maybe it was Squidly, have you seen the "picture"? :whistling: If anything deserves a ban it's that!!:smile5: My eyes are still burning!!

:hurts::hurts::hurts::hurts:

I've learned a long time ago to stay out of political discusions. You aren't going to change their mind and they aren't going to change yours...so why even start.

But after reading that Don reads each and every post....I'm just tempted to slap a "Hi Freebird" in a post every once awhile to see if he really does...hehehe :hihi:

Don you gotta do what you gotta do............my only question is, how in the world do you read every post and still find time for the wife,your son, your job, and anything else you might want to do....:starz:.....like sleep.

it may just be that right there that sucks the mower in the pond sleeping at the wheel and the pond monster has been getting all the blame!!!

:smile5: