IGNORED

The Passing Of "My Hero"!

skydoc_17

"Uncle Don", my mother's brother passed this morning, he was 74. He was the patriarch of my family on my mother's side of the family. He had triple bypass surgery 7 weeks ago and contracted "Mersa" (an infection in his leg where they removed the vein for the bypass). I spent time with him last night, we talked of riding motorcycles, our friendship, my mom and the good times we had together. I wanted to thank him for the many years of friendship, and how thru his wisdom and guidance he made my life better and helped me to be a better man. But before I could utter a word about all that he squeezed my hand and thanked me for "Being there for him". Both of my parents have passed long ago, but I never really missed them as much because there was always "Uncle Don" to tell me what my mom might have said about a given situation or to tell me a story about my mom and dad doing one thing or another. Now, All I have left are the memories, great ones to be sure, But I will miss "that old man" as I called him, and we would both laugh! I am glad he is now pain free and surely he must be riding the big highway in heaven. The picture below is 5 generations of my family on my mother's side taken Thanksgiving Day 2008.

I'll miss you "Old Man".

Earl and Jean

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. We will all be praying for you and your family, and comfort yourself in the thoughts and memories of his life! I don't kow what else to say except life will go on and he has left his footprint in the sand!

I believe that you are looking at this fantastically, your celebrating his life, and sharing a little fragment of it with us. Thank you for thinking of us like that to share it. We grieve not for the one that is gone, but instead for ourselves. Like the others, it's sad to hear of your loss, but you had lots of great years to look back upon. How fortunate you are to have such a treasure.

Irish Tombstone Prayer

Death is nothing at all,

I have only slipped away into the next room.

Whatever we were to each other,

that we are still.

Call me by my old familiar name,

speak to me in the easy way, which you always used to.

Laugh as we always laughed together.

Play, Smile, Think of me, Pray for me.

Let my name be the household word that it always was,

let it be spoken without effort.

Life means all that it ever meant,

it is the same as it ever was,

there is absolutely unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of your mind,

because I am out of your sight?

I am but waiting for you, for an interval,

somewhere very near, just around the corner.

All is well, nothing is past, nothing is lost.

One brief moment and all will be as it was before...

Only better, infinietly happier, and forever we will all be one together with Christ.

Sorry about your loss. I'm down to one uncle myself. They were all very important to me and I miss them all. My last uncle has a old panhead and I hope to do some riding with him this summer. He just put the motor back in after a rebuild. All of them are heros of mine. As im sure old Don was to you. Hang in there.