IGNORED

Where's Harley going with this bike

got2mnytoys

they've had the bike and selling it in europe, and it pissed off a lot of harley riders, who thought harley should have priemered it in USA. i read a while back on some forum about it and the uproar about. i guess all the loyal riders finally got them to bring it over here. i guess they are trying to get the younger kids riding harlies. :mo money:

At Time New one come out, It will cost same or more then new V-Max. Sorry but if I have to chose, I'll go with Mr.Max.

I doubt that, this Bike is fairly cheap here. It's Price (11,000 Euro MSRP incl. 19 Percent VAT ) is well between all other comparable Bikes and it's really cheap for a Harley. VMAX is 19750 Euro MSRP included 19 Percent VAT.

Harley is trying to appeal to a different (younger) demographic. They have to if they're going to survive. -Jack

They have already tried with the beull its pretty much been a flop in Alabama, pre order price 11,000 for black,11,300 for color . at 580 pounds and 3.5 gal fuel ,air cooled think I'll stick with the rice burners I'm thinking if I'm going to be uncomfortable I at least want to be fast.

The bike is based on the bike that is raced in the flat tracks (dirt), so it is kind of an off road design. Harley Davidson has a pretty good record over its history in flat track racing.

It retails for 10,799 in black and 11,079 in two tone.

Edited by nelsonrl

you kinda have to know a little sporster history to appreciate that bike. it started way back in the 50's with the kr model. r meaning race if i remember right. than they came out with the xr 750 which had special heads with dual carbs facing rearward and front facing exaust ports. they were orange and black and dominated dirt track till honda came along with a v-twin. they were a very sharp looking bike. strictly a race bike. there have been a couple of look alike sportsters built over the years but the originals are priceless. there are alot of people waiting in line for this new one for the nostalgia value. i had alot of fast sportsters and they are still the best sounding and my favorite harleys. sportsters are very popular with the ladies now. :2133:

They cant get younger riders to get on a harley until they offer a bike that is far cheaper.

Kids ride the crotch rockets because they are dirt cheap. It blew my mind how a new "ninja" and other crotch rockets are only a little more money than a large moped. remember the young barely have 2 twenties to rub together. They cant afford a $11,000 hardley retro bike.

Where do you carry all the tools...or does it come with a chase car???:rotfl::stirthepot::sign20: Sorry I couldn't help myself:whistling: Hey it's winter...:snow2:

Here we go, another post to a thread, being blamed to an incorrect season.

:stickpoke: I like it! I think your supposed to modify it, then trailer it to the track.