IGNORED

Maintenance day rooms

nance56

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just booked a room for May 30th. The reservation lady advised me that there are 4 rooms left.

I will be comming from Toronto Canada and hope a Saturday arrival will be Ok.

I'm hoping to have purchased a hitch by then. Is that something that I'll be able to get some help to install. I'm not very good at figuring mechanical things out myself, but once I have seen it done, I'm then good to do it myself and help others.

As a new member I look forward to meeting a lot of new people.

I just booked a room for May 30th. The reservation lady advised me that there are 4 rooms left.

I will be comming from Toronto Canada and hope a Saturday arrival will be Ok.

I'm hoping to have purchased a hitch by then. Is that something that I'll be able to get some help to install. I'm not very good at figuring mechanical things out myself, but once I have seen it done, I'm then good to do it myself and help others.

As a new member I look forward to meeting a lot of new people.

That MIGHT be a bit more than we get done there. What has developed has been that the "mechanical ones" show us "mechanically slow" ones how something is done and we do it ourselves. Otherwise, Don and Brad will be tied up well into the night synching carbs.

If I remember correctly, when I installed my hitch, it took a while, but I'm sure some of us can help you out.

Dave,

Depending upon what hitch you end up buying, we can probably do that. I will make a suggestion here for one that is super easy to install and very affordable, it's made by one of our members Venturedad, here is his website

http://www.venturedad.com/index.html

I can literally have one of these installed in less than 15 minutes. I had one on my '99 before the accident. If you want, you can bring the bike over to my house before maintenance day and we'll put it on here.

Squidley, the Venturedad looks good, I have looked at it, but wanted to make sure I would be able to get it installed, as well as to see if I could avoid shipping it up to Canada with duty and all.

I do believe I read a previous thread that someone was looking at the Venturedad to purchase a golf rack carrier to add onto it. That is what I want to add onto the hitch is a golf rack carrier, with the hope to buying a trailer, but at present, my wife is not keen to the idea of a trailer.

Wow, thanks for the heads up about 4 rooms being left, Dave! Just made our reservations for Friday and Saturday. Soooo, I guess that means we're committed and have to show up this time...

Man, there could be quite the group ride coming from Ontario and New York!

I don't know how you guys come down through to Don's but I'm leaving from the other end of NY, maybe we can hook up for at least a part of the trip. We'll see...........

Squidley, the Venturedad looks good, I have looked at it, but wanted to make sure I would be able to get it installed, as well as to see if I could avoid shipping it up to Canada with duty and all.

I do believe I read a previous thread that someone was looking at the Venturedad to purchase a golf rack carrier to add onto it. That is what I want to add onto the hitch is a golf rack carrier, with the hope to buying a trailer, but at present, my wife is not keen to the idea of a trailer.

Dave,

I will offer you the same as I do all our Ontario members, you can send it to my place and come over and we'll put it on. I can tell you that I have done many things with the hitches on the back of the bike. I made a carrier out of Aluminum and polished it up that would hold an additional duffle bag for whatever. That worked out real slick, I also have over 20000 miles pulling trailers behind both 1st and 2nd gens. To be honest you forget it's behind you most of the time, just have to change your riding habits and keep bigger distances for stopping.

Your more than welcome to take me up on the offer to ship it here and we'll take care of it till you make it over :happy34:

Ok, I just booked a room at the Oberlin with y'all.

Have no idea what to expect but, what the heck!

:hurts:

Anyone else from Chicago-land heading over there?

Looks like it's only a 6-7 hour ride.

Have a friend near Cleveland that I might come in a day early to see.

Now, guess I better queue up a couple projects to get done there, eh?

Cheers.

B2mom and I just booked our rooms at Oberlin Inn, same as last year. The hotel said they had booked all 20 rooms reserved for the Venture Riders, but let us make a reservation also at the special rate.

Now the biggest problem is waiting until May to go. Can't wait to see everyone.

Don :happy34:

Well now it is the 16th. of November and this morning I was able to book a room at the Oberlin Inn. The lady said that almost any man that called was booking a room as a VR.ORG member. The 20 rooms are long gone but for some unclear reason they are still booking rooms for the special rate. So if any of you guys need a room then get off your butt and call the Oberlin Inn and make a reservation while they are still in a good mood.

Is it May yet ???????????? :178:

Is it May yet :178: ??????????????

Is it May yet ???????????? :178:

Is it May yet :178: ??????????????????

Is it May yet ???????????:178:

Is it May yet :178: ???????????????

Is it May yet ????????????? :178:

WHY ISINNIT MAY YET :bang head: :bang head: