IGNORED

New tires

Sling

I mostly lurk on this sight. Yes I read the posts about so many new people on line but not posting Well Here I am..I've been here for almost a year, and have made a few posts

Anyway lets talk tires... Last June Peggy and I took two weeks and did the Blueridge and the Skyline drive from start to finish and back again. At that time I had a little over 6000 miles on the Bridgestones and the rear developed a problem. We were stuck on N.C. got a new Dunlop 404 that's all the dealer had at the time. So i bought it. Now I had 12000 miles on it the front tire, still the Bridgestone (started to cup and make a lot of noise) I decided new tires front and rear. I read the forums and decided to get the Dunlop Elite 3 front and rear. The local dealer wanted $550. for the tires, mount, balance and install!!

I ordered them from Two Brothers Tires in Lawrenceville, Ga. they shipped them to the house Both tires and shipping $234.00 (Dealer here in Evans,Ga. wanted $225.00 for the rear tire alone) Anyway i took the wheels off the bike took to a local guy here and he mounted and balanced them $40.00

I re-installed them last night , and today I put about 100 miles on them. What a difference in the ride, so much smoother and quieter. I know i've only put on 100 miles but "I LIKE EM" So far!!! :smile5:

Edited by Sling

I mostly lurk on this sight. Yes I read the posts about so many new people on line but not posting Well Here I am..I've been here for almost a year, and have made a few posts

Anyway lets talk tires... Last June Peggy and I took two weeks and did the Blueridge and the Skyline drive from start to finish and back again. At that time I had a little over 6000 miles on the Bridgestones and the rear developed a problem. We were stuck on N.C. got a new Dunlop 404 that's all the dealer had at the time. So i bought it. Now I had 12000 miles on it the front tire, still the Bridgestone (started to cup and make a lot of noise) I decided new tires front and rear. I read the forums and decided to get the Dunlop Elite 3 front and rear. The local dealer wanted $550. for the tires, mount, balance and install!!

I ordered them from Two Brothers Tires in Lawrenceville, Ga. they shipped them to the house Both tires and shipping $234.00 (Dealer here in Evans,Ga. wanted $225.00 for the rear tire alone) Anyway i took the wheels off the bike took to a local guy here and he mounted and balanced them $40.00

I re-installed them last night , and today I put about 100 miles on them. What a difference in the ride, so much smoother and quieter. I know i've only put on 100 miles but "I LIKE EM" So far!!! :smile5:

Sling,

Do you have a website for Two Brothers Tire? Maybe a phone #?

PS: Thanks for your service in VN. Chased OB myself in 2003 :)

Glad to see you posting and not lurking, its not so hard is it. I see from your flag your in Ga, have you made one of our N. Ga. Meet & eats yet, they happen on the second saturday of the month. Come on out, meet some great people. Oh, by the way, these eyes are old and failing and that light blue color you picked sure was hard on these old eyes, maybe something a little darker next time..........And dont forget Tail of the Dragon IV/Vogel. Check out the rally links. Thats in August 2009. Hope to see you sometime soon.

\

Imostly lurk on this sight. Yes I read the posts about so many new people on line but not posting Well Here I am..I've been here for almost a year, and have made a few posts

Anyway lets talk tires... LastWe June Peggy and I took two weeks and did the Blueridge and the Skyline drive from start to finish and back again. At that time I had a little over 6000 miles on the Bridgestones and the rear developed a problem. We were stuck on N.C. got a new Dunlop 404 that's all the dealer had at the time. So i bought it. Now I had 12000 miles on it the front tire, still the Bridgestone (started to cup and make a lot of noise) I decided new tires front and rear. I read the forums and decided to get the Dunlop Elite 3 front and rear. The local dealer wanted $550. for the tires, mount, balance and install!!

I just took Br- stones off my 06 RSV. F- 16,000 & cuping Back about 7,000 2nd one. Elite 3's are good, but i went with Avons front & Back Stock. got about 110 miles on them. i heard that they did not make a elite 3's for the Front ? i payed $ 165 for front & $ 165 for back. yamama dealer

I just took Br- stones off my 06 RSV. F- 16,000 & cuping Back about 7,000 2nd one. Elite 3's are good, but i went with Avons front & Back Stock. got about 110 miles on them. i heard that they did not make a elite 3's for the Front ? i payed $ 165 for front & $ 165 for back. yamama dealer

By the way, they do make the E3 for the front. Been riding on it for the last 9000 miles.

:)

It seems to be the 1st gen bikes that do not have an Elite III for the front. I have an Elite III on the back of my 83 with an Avon on the front and like it.

RandyA

The guys at Two Brothers are the best!

They are a local shop (Lawrenceville GA) whose business is 95% selling and mounting motorcycle tires, at the same or better prices than I can find on the internet (they are not an internet-based reseller). They do a total install of both tires for about $75. The last time I had to replace the rear tire we also installed a new-to-me rear shock at the same time.

Great guys, great service, right price! If you live anywhere near this shop stop by and say "hello" to Tim and Ernie, and tell them you heard about them on this Forum.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I just had both front and rear Elite III's install last Saturday (Nov 1st) on my 08 RSV at Two Bro Tires. I let them do all the work.....remove wheels from bike, mount, balance......drive out price was $377.00. He said they just had a price increase. The Elite III's are a higher mileage tire than the stock Bridgestones. My stock tires cupped before I got 2000 miles them because of riding with low tire pressures.......Dealer didn't have the tires properly inflated when I purchased it new.......Yes I know, I should have checked the tire pressures as soon as I got it home instead of waiting 6 weeks

Oh, by the way, these eyes are old and failing and that light blue color you picked sure was hard on these old eyes, maybe something a little darker next time

I had the same problem so I just highlited the text with the mouse... inverts the colors and makes it easy to read.

Hey guys,

Just talked with Tim @ Two Brothers Tire. I bought the Elite 3's and had them shipped to Okeechobee, FL for $251.00 for both tires. That's a deal! All the dealers here wanted from $550 to $675 for these tires installed. I figure that I saved over $200 with installation at $120.00 for both.:Cool_cool36:

• 11 months later...

I'm relatively new to the site so learning to post etc. I hope this works. I asked a question the other day but I think it got lost in my lack of knowledge how to post. Anyway, question was what are you using on your first generation venture for tires? I have since found a great web site (http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/tires.php) which appears to be well written and full of good info. I have since learned that my 84 and 89 have 9 and 10 year old tires on but are not worn very much. Take a read and tell me what you think as well what are you riding on (other than butt) and do you have a preferance?

D

Those old tires really should be replaced.I went with what most here would consider a budget brand tire. The Kenda Kruz, I got both shipped to the house for IIRC $140.00 They have been great,are wearing well and I'm happy with them. They look good @ 10,000 miles. Front shows more wear than back, but its just starting to show wear. So it's got aways to go. They are noisy in the corners is my only complaint.