IGNORED

Gas prices coming down quickly

Venturous Randy

Went fo a good long day ride today and pulled into a station to fill up. As I was coming up to the station, I looked up at the markee and the price for reg was $3.11. That was better than I had been paying so I was happy. When I stuck my debit card in, I noticed reg was $2.98. I looked up on the markee again and it was now $2.98. Later on in the evening on the way back, I looked at the same markee again and it was now $2.82.

That's nineteen cents in one day with at least two changes. Sure glad I did not buy a bunch of gas futures. Anyone want to make a guess where it will bottom at? I seen on gasbuddy.com where it was $2.39 in Oklahoma.

I filled up in Asheville, NC at $3.11 and in the next block it was $3.79. We saw several stations in Asheville at $3.60 and up.

RandyA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how low it will go with demand dropping like a rock. I don't think it will get below the mid 2s for long. It really depends on the economic news over the next few months many people are afraid to spend money with the financial market uncertainty.

Filled up the bike for 2.66 this morning, 2.79 this afternoon, probably switching from summer blend to winter blend also. Watch the wholesale price, that'll tell you where it's going. Actually spent more on lunch today than I did for 2 tanks of gas!!!

Dan

Had to make a round trip ride down to San Antonio Saturday (about 600 miles total). Gas around DFW area was around $2.95 at the discount stations. Between here and San Antonio the best prices seemed to be around $2.89, but I saw an HEB station selling at $2.56 and one Murphy at $2.52! Both of those were in Hillsboro, I think. Still huge variations in price from one station to the next - wish I knew where it was going.

Goose

There is such a huge variable in gas prices lately. And some places here there seems to be a gas war going on. But those stations with really low regular prices have a twenty to thirty cent mark-up to mid-grade and another twenty cent to premium. Sounds like some form of gouging is still going on.

It will go back up, it always does. There is no more supply now then 6 months ago. Remember 50 percent of Crude Oil, is NOT used for Vehicals. Many other ues's. That demand won't change much.

Start makeing plans now for you next Vehical purchace, Something that gets 10 more MPG.

Also, watch your Heating costs for this winter, I'm betting those numbers will not go down much at all, if any.

My Last Car Payment is this Month. So extra money for gas. Helps for awhile.

The old car is still running, 18 MPG, but I'm starting to look for a 35 MPG Replacement. However, keeping the old one running is still the cheapest way to go. I'm planning on another 3 years at least on the old 93 T-Bird, for local transportation. Its still running like a Swiss Watch !! ( as does my Venture )

:happy34:

Guest Ken8143

We have it good - as our friends north of the border remind us once in a while. What we think is expensive gas is very inexpensive to them. And - try getting it at $5 (US) per US gallon in the UK. Won't happen. We haven't seen anything yet.

Anyhow. even with the gas prices going down (for this week anyway!) I will continue to drive less and drive in ways to save gas. Want to stay in the habit of getting further with less gasoline.

Rumor has it Iraq was setting on millions of gallons of oil, just lately the US demanded them to release it to us for $$. I just don't understand why we just don't take it like we did years ago. I remember back in the 70's flying over Saudi Arabia and looking down at the oil fields and completely control be the us military.:scratchchin:

Map of gas prices. Down is the trend.

Also remember this downward trend started right after President Bush lifted the ban on new drilling in the Gulf. And since the National uproar about drill here drill now forced to Dems in Congress to go along the markets are responding to the real threat that the USA will once again drill for it's own oil in significant amounts.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Keep the fire on the politicians of all parties to drill here drill now.

I am getting ready to take a trip down to Birmingham, Alabama this weekend for a family wedding. By going by the map, I can fill up here in Jonesborough, about five miles from home and it is on the way for about $2.69, then top off again in Gadsden AL, about 50 miles before Birmingham for about $2,95. To make it back home, I may top off again in Gadsden. Considering that much of Birmingham is still in the $3.50 range, I can save some money using this map.

RandyA

Map of gas prices. Down is the trend.

Also remember this downward trend started right after President Bush lifted the ban on new drilling in the Gulf. And since the National uproar about drill here drill now forced to Dems in Congress to go along the markets are responding to the real threat that the USA will once again drill for it's own oil in significant amounts.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Keep the fire on the politicians of all parties to drill here drill now.

You right about the time that fuel prices stopped escalating, but I was listening to a speaker about the oil being pumped in Alaska and some of it is actually being sold on the world market. The amount is mandated by the government, but my question is why are we selling any, and what good is drilling for more if we can't consume everything we're producing now. Maybe?? it's that we don't have enough refineries to process what crude we're making, and any more production would be sold elsewhere, and wouldn't really benefit the american people, but the government??? Just rambling.... :backinmyday: Glad to see the prices going down.

According to my calculations, we're now at $4.50/US gal ($1.19/litre) ... that's a drop of about 97 cents/US gal since summer prices of around $1.445/litre

According to recent info, gas prices in Ontario are below $1 / litre and they say we out west pay so much more because of a lack of bulk storage and refining facilities. That's such B/S when the stuff comes out of the ground in both western provinces. Taxes, taxes, and more taxes!! Free Trade??? Democracy??? Competition??? all B/S! They will take from us as much as they can get for as long as they want and when they want more, they will take more.... the longer they can keep us in the poor house, the longer they have control over us and the poorer we are, the more control they have.

well, that's my rant for today

You right about the time that fuel prices stopped escalating, but I was listening to a speaker about the oil being pumped in Alaska and some of it is actually being sold on the world market. The amount is mandated by the government, but my question is why are we selling any, and what good is drilling for more if we can't consume everything we're producing now. Maybe?? it's that we don't have enough refineries to process what crude we're making, and any more production would be sold elsewhere, and wouldn't really benefit the american people, but the government??? Just rambling.... :backinmyday: Glad to see the prices going down.

Thats part of it Jack, Not enough Refinary Capacity !! At peak consumption last year, they could not keep up. We were actually Importing finished product . !!

( Guess why not enough Refinary Capacity ?? Enviro Wacko's !!! ) Oil companies not allowed to build any new ones.

We are sitting on Massive Nat Gas Deposits, Why not build Electric Generating Plants in the Middle of Nat Gas Fields, and make Electricty from the Gas, and just feed it into the Nation Wide Power Grid.

Also, Compressed Nat Gas for vehicals !! They do it in Europe, but not here. We have HUGE Nat. Gas Deposits !!! Stupid, to not use the stuff.

Other large Oil deposits have been found in Western States, But Oil companies not allowed to pull the stuff out. Again, Enviro Wacko's !!

Massive Deposits, in North West, Mont. and across, N. Dakota. Thats starting to come on line. New Drilling Methods have gotten that Crude Flowing. But still not ramped up. But its comeing on line.