IGNORED

Gas prices coming down quickly

Venturous Randy

Paid $2.35 toay at Mt. Joy PA. Saw it at $2.13 in Carlisle at the Pilot truck stop driving through the other day.

If I am lucky to get the Venture lift adapter from a fellow member this week, I may take a ride down to Chambersburg, PA. and take advantage of the low gas prices up that way.

Regular in our area is $2.49/ gallon. Not bad compared to 6 months ago.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest royalstar59

Hello N3FOL,

I hope the Yamaha dealer mechanics will know enough since the normal Royal Star still drives in Holland. (It was sold up to 2000) The only problem is to make them order the special parts. The Royal Star Tour de Luxe has never been sold in Holland but it was sold in the UK. If UK-people want to order parts; the parts come from: Holland because the European Yamaha headquarter is located near Amsterdam. For the small things like changing oil and replacing brake pads: i do that myself. Adjusting valves, etc. is too much for me. And if i want to do something and don't know anything about it, i will look on the forum for help. My experience so far is that almost everybody on the forum is willing to help anybody.

Greetings

Royalstar59

Wil

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new ride. Since you don't have a lot of Royal Star bikes out there, do you find it hard to look for a good mechanic that would work on your bike or are you are DIY'er?

we filled up our van yesterday for $45..............wow

$1.82 a gal.

I can remember crying a few months ago whne it cost about $100 to fill it up

It felt so good to get away at that price i wanted to fill it up again...:rotf:

I am so hoping the prices continue to lower or just even out around where they are thru the holidays......that will make a trip back home to ohio so much more managable.we havent spent Christmas with my mom and all my kids for a few years now. Poor haylie doesnt really know what a family Christmas is...she was pretty young the last time we got to do that!

• 2 months later...
Guest royalstar59

Hello everyone,

Since the economical crisis is roaming around the gasprice has really dropped.

Local gasprice just across the border in Belgium is €1,01 / ltr.

That is 5,08 USD / Gallon.

Exchange rate €1 = 1.33 USD.

This gasprice is very low right now. Lets keep it low.

Greeting from the Netherlands

Our gas in Windsor was at 66 cents a litre but those thieving Ba****ds of oil companies jacked it up to 77 cents, now that is still cheap from the summer prices but they are dam quick to raise it as the price of oil goes up and really slow to drop them when it comes down. :soapbox:

Ian

Light sweet crude has gone from a high of $147.55 on 7/11/08 down to $32.40 on 12/18/08. It is now at $48.88 and that is down about a buck since it opened this morning. Supposedly, the catalist for the increase is the current turmoll in the middle east.

I read reports a couple of weeks ago about so much oil available that they were having to store it in tankers off shore because all the storage tanks were full. Refining capacity was being slowed down because of the growing inventories of gasoline. Given all this, what we are now seeing is simply opportunists raising oil prices because of a perceived threat for future supply.

As of this morning, regular was $1.57 at the local Sunoco station, but there is no telling what it may be tomorrow. But, when the oil producers run the world economy so far in the ground that we are truely in a world depression, they will ultimately have killed the goose that layed the the oily egg.

RandyA

I am just keeping a daily watch on price. Whenever there is a Drop. I stop and top off the Tank.

However this mess in the Middle East, is sure to start effecting the price in the next couple of weeks.

All the promised new Gov't Handout programs will have to be paid for, look for gas Tax Hikes.

Calif, has been talking a 39 cent / gallon Tax hike on Fuel !!!! They are 40 some Billion in debt down there. Arnold has his hand out !!!

Calif, has been talking a 39 cent / gallon Tax hike on Fuel !!!! They are 40 some Billion in debt down there. Arnold has his hand out !!!

We normally run about 10-20% more a gallon than the rest of the country. Head east and get out passed Reno and you'll be paying a lot less. We are the biggest consumer of fuel in the US, with refiners all over the place, and you'd think it would be cheaper...not!!!!

Light sweet crude has gone from a high of $147.55 on 7/11/08 down to $32.40 on 12/18/08. It is now at $48.88 and that is down about a buck since it opened this morning. Supposedly, the catalist for the increase is the current turmoll in the middle east.

I read reports a couple of weeks ago about so much oil available that they were having to store it in tankers off shore because all the storage tanks were full. Refining capacity was being slowed down because of the growing inventories of gasoline. Given all this, what we are now seeing is simply opportunists raising oil prices because of a perceived threat for future supply.

As of this morning, regular was $1.57 at the local Sunoco station, but there is no telling what it may be tomorrow. But, when the oil producers run the world economy so far in the ground that we are truely in a world depression, they will ultimately have killed the goose that layed the the oily egg.

RandyA

I couldnt agree more. If it's not some excuse there using from the Middle East there is a breeze blowimg in the gulf. The oil company's are great for blowing smoke up our ass's. Gas in Michigan has gone up .20 since the weekend . I also heard today that we have the highest unemployment numbers in the country. Me being in the HVAC business makes it easier for me because people need what I do no matter what. Steel prices have gone thru the roof the last couple of years and our prices have pretty much stayed the same on our service even with every supplier adding a fuel charge to the bottom of our invoices. We all can't just keep passing on the gas prices to the next guy. If I was to keep up with the oil company's a 2500 furnace would of cost 10,000 this summer.

There are millions of Americans who make their living in the oil industry and I am one of them.

hmmmmmmmmmm let me see here.......you want the oil prices to go up cause u and millions of others make ur living in the oil industry........

but screw the auto makers ( where millions including us make our living)

arent you going to give a little and lower your way of living and compromise so the country will be be better and get back on its feet?

hmmmmmmmmmm redneck........:stickpoke::stickpoke:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

hmmmmmmmmmm let me see here.......you want the oil prices to go up cause u and millions of others make ur living in the oil industry........

but screw the auto makers ( where millions including us make our living)

arent you going to give a little and lower your way of living and compromise so the country will be be better and get back on its feet?

hmmmmmmmmmm redneck........:stickpoke::stickpoke:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry I don't feel sorry for the auto makers they ran their business's into the ground not me. I did not ask for anybody to bail out any oil companys and I would be against it. I paid 50k for a pickup 1 year ago and gm is now advertising the same one for 29k so who is gouging who. the auto makers set the price on their products the oil companys do not the market sets the price of oil. I'm tired of hearing people ***** about the the price of oil and the evil oil company's If you don't want to pay for it just don't buy it and the price will come down just as it has recently. I went to the feed store yesterday and bought 2 bags of oats it was 11.50 a bag that is very high but I was not mad at the farmer or the feed store because they did not set the price supply and demand set the price just like oil. I wanted the oats and I paid the current market price. Would you rather pay 2.50 a gallon for gas and get it any time you want it or pay .50 a gallon and not be able to find any because it is not profitable to produce so no one makes it

anymore. Just because the news media tell you the evil oil company's are ripping you off does not make it true the government is making a lot more profit on a gallon of gas than the oil company but you don't see that on the news. The price of automobiles is dropping because of supply and demand. I am hoping for increased demand for oil just like you are hoping for increased demand for cars and every body in the country is hoping for increased demand for the product or service that supports them.

aren't you going to give a little and lower your way of living and compramize so the country will be better and get back on its feet?

hmmmmmmmmm cinderella.:stickpoke::stickpoke:

This is a two way street if you don't buy oil I can't buy cars.

calm down Michael....i was givin you some chit cause you were so quick to wish the oil prices went up......:rasberry:

and yes we have taken cuts.....lowered our way of living and compromised

for one our health insurance ..what used to be no copays is now $100 for any er

$25 for an office visit

prescriptions copay has jumped also.....

other benefits have been cut also.

now they want us to take a $10 per hour paycut???????????

would you take a cut that large? we would be in foreclosure and probably bankruptcy if that happened. Along with probably 75% of the bluecollars .

we dont live high on the hog by no means.....we are a simple middle class struggling family. I consider myself a frugle shopper and even buy my everyday canned goods and staples at places like Aldi's

the media has portrayed the average auto worker as over paid and this is not so.

dont get me wrong.....i have to agree on your thoughts that they put themsleves were they are ( the big 3) with bad decisions and overpaid executives, but the hardworking laborers of these companys did not and we are the ones who will pay.