IGNORED

Gas prices coming down quickly

Venturous Randy

calm down Michael....i was givin you some chit cause you were so quick to wish the oil prices went up......:rasberry:

and yes we have taken cuts.....lowered our way of living and compromised

for one our health insurance ..what used to be no copays is now $100 for any er

$25 for an office visit

prescriptions copay has jumped also.....

other benefits have been cut also.

now they want us to take a $10 per hour paycut???????????

would you take a cut that large? we would be in foreclosure and probably bankruptcy if that happened. Along with probably 75% of the bluecollars .

we dont live high on the hog by no means.....we are a simple middle class struggling family. I consider myself a frugle shopper and even buy my everyday canned goods and staples at places like Aldi's

the media has portrayed the average auto worker as over paid and this is not so.

dont get me wrong.....i have to agree on your thoughts that they put themsleves were they are ( the big 3) with bad decisions and overpaid executives, but the hardworking laborers of these companys did not and we are the ones who will pay.

I don't have any health insurance so I pay 100 percent of medical bills. I have 2 oilfield winch trucks sitting in the yard thats a $400 an hour pay cut. I am one of the lucky ones I have no debt so I can survive on very little. I feel for all the people who are strugling and I fear that there will be many more before this mess is over. The ones I really feel for are the retirees who are loosing their retirement and are no longer able to work. Just hang in there we will all survive.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the price effects people in different ways and it sounds like some of you work for the oil company. I don't have any problem with that, and you are correct that alot has to do with supply and demand.

But when I hear about how much the oil company makes in profit in 1/4. I really have a hard time feeling sorry for them, however I do understand it always hits the little man first.:mo money: By the way, it has gone up 40 cents a gallon in the last week here!

I know the price effects people in different ways and it sounds like some of you work for the oil company. I don't have any problem with that, and you are correct that alot has to do with supply and demand.

But when I hear about how much the oil company makes in profit in 1/4. I really have a hard time feeling sorry for them, however I do understand it always hits the little man first.:mo money: By the way, it has gone up 40 cents a gallon in the last week here!

I understand the recent oil company profits look very high and they are but the news media does not tell you how many billions they were loosing when oil was at $9 a barrel and hundreds of oil companys went broke. They also don't tell you the oil company have invested trillions to find and produce that oil. They also didn't raise a fuss when the auto makers were making huge profits in the past thats what they are in business to do.

... They also don't tell you the oil company have invested trillions to find and produce that oil....

Even while i'm not that intimate and familair with the US Tax System, but isn't it that those Exploration Costs are "Costs" and therefore subtracted before they announce their huge Earnings ? Kind of affects the EBIT ...

but if the EBIT of one Company is tripple the Gross National Product of the upper half of South America, there is where it starts to hurt and better stop the loud Whining ...

I won't go deeper into US-GAAP Rules, but you gotta tell the whole Story.

But i agree to a Point, me thinks the most Companies you talk about are not listed in the big Stock Markets and they may have to "struggle" also. "Struggle" in Relation to the big Companies and the Earnings these are making.