IGNORED

New Kawasaki Voyager..

seforeman

http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/icon_minipost.gifPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:10 am Post subject: http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_quote.gif http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_edit.gif http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/icon_delete.gif i've been looking at these pictures for three weeks now,as sume thing,dosen't look right

the position,of the driver,dose not look vary comferdent,he looks vary uncomforable,like the bike is not to stable

that is kinda the way i ride when i thank sumething,is not right,road condition,deer or dog,ahead,brake lits going on ahead,gravle in the cruve ahead--wife just punched me in the ribbs

what do you think,i also am a 4 cyclender old man :stirthepot::confused24:

I think it's hard to make an assessment based on a picture. One has to ride it themselves.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. Lets see what the size specs are when they decide to post them. It looks like the cockpit is more cramped than the Venture. That would be a deal breaker for me.

That's one of the reasons I shy away from 2ndGens. My knees are in my chest when I sit on one. The Kawi looks like it could be even worse.

Lowly Woman's opinion:

1. I like the looks!

2. I want to see one and test drive it!

3. I saw it only has a 1 year warranty!

4. It is a V-twin.

5. It has a belt drive; uh oh!

6. The tank is smaller-5.3 Gallons.

7. Our RSV is paid for and just as shiney.

Yama Mama

I must be an odd ball or something because I do like the looks of the front fairing.

But Yama Mama you make some good points.

I would like to see one in person and even test drive one.

I don't like the belt drive idea.

However that is a water cooled V-Twin.

And my RSV is paid for as well. No matter how good a deal they have they can not beat bought and paid for.

Edited by juggler

Take a look at these pics. This guy looks much more comfy.

AVA Voyager 1700 Pics

The guy on Kawasaki's sight must be a giant.

Well that's the rub. I'm a tall guy and the Venture is the only bike that seemed to be comfortable for someone like me. Now I understand why bike manufacturers try to get the saddles low since that will bring more riders in. For me though it makes for a cramped riding position.

according to ava the estimated mpg is 48mpg.should be better than that with digital fuel injection HD gets 50}+:think:

An HD Ultra does not get 50 - at least mine does not. Maybe I just like the sound when you roll on the throttle to much. I get anywhere from 40-45 depending on riding style.

An HD Ultra does not get 50 - at least mine does not. Maybe I just like the sound when you roll on the throttle to much. I get anywhere from 40-45 depending on riding style.
glad you cleared that up. my v-star 1300 will get 49 mpg under ideal conditions, but not very often. the best i can get out of my majesty scooter 400cc is 56 mpg no matter what i do. my wing tops out at 46 mpg. usually average about 44 mpg. i am a very conservative rider. :)

It even has ABS braking (optional?)

As much as I like the looks, I don't want a non-shaft drive bike. However, I think Kawasaki proved you can add certain new features to a bike such was a water-cooled V-Twin. I'd be tempted to give up my V-4 for that. Also the integrated iPod port. They are lacking a CB though.

I think Yamaha could look at this bike and say 'We could do that on the RSV.'

• Upgraded audio/electronics (ditch the Cassette and put in integrated iPod and mp3 ports.)
  • Larger displacement engine
  • EFI
  • ABS (optional)

Ya know, after thinking about it those are the only things I would really want to see improved or changed on my RSV. The rest I like. I'd like more color options, but then they would have to sell more bikes to really offer that.

I like the looks, the ride, the physical size and handling of the RSV.

On second thought I'm keeping my RSV for a long time.

. They are lacking a CB though.

I believe that is an optional item..possibly 3rd party, I'm not sure.

"The intercom headset-compatible, 40W, twin-speaker audio system features a three-band (FM/AM/WX) radio that is also compatible with an iPod, a XM radio tuner or a CB radio unit. The audio system (and iPod) can be operated by an integrated controller on the left handlebar. Besides volume, the rider can adjust the bass, treble and balance levels of the system."

here's my overall take on the bike. i think it is a very good looking bike. should have stump pulling torque with the slightly under square engine. the ergonomics look good for rider and passenger. the belt drive is a plus over the shaft drive. low maintenance and one less thing to change oil on. i have a 2007 zx14 kaw, and i have to say the quality on it is impeccable. it beats yamaha and yamaha has good quality. the only negative is it will not be as smooth as an engine with 4 plus cylinders. my 1700cc warrior felt like some one was pounding the frame with a big hammer every time a cylinder fired. it is hard to smooth out powerpulses on a v-twin that big. they can get rid of vibration with damper shafts, but the power pulses hit hard. i would take that into consideration. mostly when your used to a v-4. otherwise i love it. i would buy one if i did'nt love my wing so much. just my 2 cents. bill :2133:

it is hard to smooth out powerpulses on a v-twin that big. they can get rid of vibration with damper shafts, but the power pulses hit hard. i would take that into consideration. mostly when your used to a v-4. otherwise i love it.

I've ridden a few 1500 & 1600 cc Nomads .... IMHO, they're pretty smooth for a V-twin and I never really felt a marked difference except when I lugged the Nomad or when it was idling and even at idle, the vibration was very minimal. Depending on the comfort of the seat, I don't see riding long distances being much problem as it pertains to vibration or power pulses. At least for me.

I agree ... I really like the looks of that Voyager and am anxious to test ride one. Speaking of which, Harley Demo dayz is on this coming weekend here so if the weather isn't too crappy, I'll be testing one of the '09 Ultra's.

• 9 months later...

I looked up out the window and there it was.. a brand new Voyager.. From my desk I instantly got up and ran to the window to get a closer look.. Yup what an impressive looking machine.. And in a flash it was gone.. Welllll with that "tease" i was off to the Kawi dealer only to learn that there demo was gone 1 hour earlier and that nothing is available anywhere! So there you have it.. the perfect setup.. is this marketing or what! :bowdown:

Well people----I got to sit on one today. Dealer was extremely busy and I had work at home to do. Will have to go back tomorrow because dealer gave me wrong part for daughters bike.

First impression--Square fairing and trunk---rounded bags. Bag lids need to be squared up some. Fairing needs to flow more ( not so square)

Liked the 3 lights in fairing, and rear looks like it will light up nicely.

Sat on it and lifted it off the side stand--felt heavier that the RSV and more top heavy. Seat to handlebars possition was very comfortable.

Went over and sat on the 09 RSV--seat to handle bar was about like the Kaw. Seat was alot more comfortable on the RSV.

Opened bags on the Kaw. and they don't look like they will hold as much as the RSV. Did like that the trunk opened from the side on the Kaw.

Will spend more time tomorrow comparing both and get a price from my dealer. Maybe even get a test ride, if I'm lucky. Bought several bikes from him and sent a lot of business his way.

I also got to sit on one a couple weeks ago. I did not find that it felt as heavy to lift off the sidestand as the RSV.

The seat seems narrower and positioning in respect to handlebars was good.

I like the dash. Didn't feel the windshield was wide enuf and there was a lot of reflection from all the chrome.

Side bags are definately smaller than the RSV (I felt). I liked the side opening trunk.

Plastics seemed very flimsy and neither of the side bags closed easily.

Overall, I like the looks of them. I'd love to road test one.

I ran across a guy a week or so ago who'd just bought one and was out for his first ride. He'd owned several Nomads before that and he had nothing but praise for the Voyager. I was stopped along side the highway when he and his wife rode by... it had a nice sound to it. He did comment that there seemed to be more engine heat than the Nomad he traded in but that's probably because of the fairing and lowers.

This is the first year for them and I figgure by next summer there will be a lot more of them on the road... I think they will sell a lot better than the Victory Vision.

To all you folks that think the new bike is Everything or near to it, take a test ride first. I didn't and purchased a new 2009 Voyager based on looks and perceptions that new technology must be better. Wrong!

I had this new machine for 6-7 days and sold it for another 2008 RSV.The Voyager was extremely hot on my left inner thigh and crotch area. The transmission was very loud and clunky up thru at least the fourth gear. Fuel mileage per the bikes readouts showed 34.4 MPG at 55-65 MPH. It also showed at the gas pump when I had to refuel. My wife felt very uncomfortable as the passenger backrest didn't come down far enough and also felt the heavy heat. And last for now I had to downshift quite frequently and repeatedly from approximately 60-65 MPH to keep the bike from lugging.

Kawasaki has their work cut out if they want to compete in the touring bike world. I tried to express my views to them over the internet and by a survey they sent me. I must say though the bike was very comfortable for me and handled quite well. The controls were informative also.

As they say, Let the Buyer Beware.

Happy Riding

Mr.Clean

I forgot to mention the bike comes with a 3 Year Warranty and additional time may be had for virtually little money. Three additional years may be had for 358.00 thru Kaw directly or a like company that most dealers offer. I only mention this for those that think You MUST have this bike. BUYERS BEWARE.

i'm kind of hooked on the nomad which is basically the same bike as the voyager less the trunk, fairing, and the audio. it also has different handle bars and seats. i can't seem to find one around here. i don't know why i am interested in one cuz i love my v-star 1300. i just like the overall appearance and the big motor. it may not be on the list after i see one and sit on it. the voyager just does'nt blow my mind, and will never be equal to my wing, which ain't going nowhere. :2133: