IGNORED

New Kawis

2WHEELSFORME

Yes...I had a 05 Nomad and enjoyed the bike, I even checked into adding a Venture tour pack and a HD batwing to make it a dresser.

I will now look at the Kawasaki a little closer...who knows what might happen ! Well I do have a little problem, I think I like it...

Edited by davepa

OK, I'm impressed enough to take a closer look - I may fall for one of those when the warranty runs out on my 05. Thanx for posting the info. I think the single crank pin is a stupid design, and the weenie 12 month warranty is a waste, but it is still worth a closer look!

Goose

OK, I'm impressed enough to take a closer look - I may fall for one of those when the warranty runs out on my 05. Thanx for posting the info. I think the single crank pin is a stupid design, and the weenie 12 month warranty is a waste, but it is still worth a closer look!

Goose

The V twin part may be hard to live with after the RSV but doable, and the waranty is not something I would worry much about - in 10 years of ownership my Nomad NEVER saw a dealer! NEVER had a problem. But for non-believers they offer up to 48 mo extended coverage. These folks are no "Motor CO", they know what they are doing and take pride in their manufacturing. I just hope to see a "made in Japan" label on that thing. That would sure do it for me.....

Guys I think Yama just got their A$$ handed to them. ABS, EFI, No cassette, and Classic styling to boot. I prefer the for mounted fairing but I could get used to that very easily!!! Yama just lost a big share of the market because if the price is right I would walk right past a 10 year old design to drool on that. I just may have to rethink my upgrade plan for the winter if this carries the right price tag.

Only a 5.3 gallon tank just isn't gonna cut it for me - hopefully they will learn from the early customers and increase that soon. Without a price yet it is hard to tell, but I am also concerned about the indications that there will be lots of optional stuff you gotta buy to actually make it what you want. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Goose

Only a 5.3 gallon tank just isn't gonna cut it for me - hopefully they will learn from the early customers and increase that soon. Without a price yet it is hard to tell, but I am also concerned about the indications that there will be lots of optional stuff you gotta buy to actually make it what you want. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Goose

Depends on the mpg, 5.3 mite get you farther than 6:big-grin-emoticon: Craig

As I mentioned in another thread, this style fills my request list nicely. I too would rather run a couple more cylinders. However, I wanted the back end of a 2nd generation with a Road Glide styled frame mounted fairing. Powered by an EFI motor and 6 speed. I imagine that the intercom etc. will be there. It has the XM capability and the MP3 interface. I believe Kawasaki may hit a home run here. Price it below 20K and bump the warranty up a couple years. It will never replace my first gen. but would allow me to pick and choose when I put the miles on her.

JB

The intercom headset-compatible, 40W, twin-speaker audio system features a three-band (FM/AM/WX) radio that is also compatible with an iPod, a XM radio tuner or a CB radio unit. The audio system (and iPod) can be operated by an integrated controller on the left handlebar. Besides volume, the rider can adjust the bass, treble and balance levels of the system.

Guys I think Yama just got their A$$ handed to them. ABS, EFI, No cassette, and Classic styling to boot.Yama just lost a big share of the market because if the price is right I would walk right past a 10 year old design.

I couldn't agree with you more Scott, it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I would think they better be very fast about it as I'm sure many folks that waited to see what the RSV was going to be for '09 are disappointed and will go looking elsewhere, this could be the bike

:confused24:

Mark, I was wondering the same thing about the guy hunched over. And, I would have to agree with others - this might be a hit at the IMS shows or local dealership this year - much as the Vision was last year. I understand a concept of "if it ain't broke ......", but I also think the other mfg's are listening to their customers, maybe reading the various boards, and at least entertain some of the suggestions people request, etc. If Kawi prices this right, this could get interesting in my opinion.

I dropped over to the VRA (Voyager Rider Association)board. Mixed emotions about the bike of course. But, it seems that Kawasaki visited them and asked what they wanted in a bike. The list that they put together is in a thread. Along with the features that they have on the new bike. Many members are complaining about the motor platform being a V-twin. They were hoping for the Concours driveline. As an outsider I see the sense in what Kawi did. They are directly fighting for Yamaha and Harley riders. Probably hoping for a few Wing and Vision folks. I applaud them for their product. However, I will wait to see what Yamaha does before pulling out the checkbook.

JB

I dropped over to the VRA (Voyager Rider Association)board. Mixed emotions about the bike of course. But, it seems that Kawasaki visited them and asked what they wanted in a bike. The list that they put together is in a thread. Along with the features that they have on the new bike. Many members are complaining about the motor platform being a V-twin. They were hoping for the Concours driveline. As an outsider I see the sense in what Kawi did. They are directly fighting for Yamaha and Harley riders. Probably hoping for a few Wing and Vision folks. I applaud them for their product. However, I will wait to see what Yamaha does before pulling out the checkbook.

JB

Be interesting to see if Yamaha starts letting out leaks if a redesigned Venture is in the works for 2010, if not and that Kawi rides great, Yamaha is going to loose out.

To bad it is belt drive and not shaft, at least it is not a chain. :stirthepot: