IGNORED

Best Battery for a 2007 RSV ?

Well, the battery for my 2007 RSV has died. When I mean died I mean it has 2.5 volts and wont even light an LED after charging for 3 days on a battery tender. I'm not 100% sure how that happened in 2 weeks ... unless "not me" or "nobody" or " i don't know" turned the key on. I'm reasonably certain it was the same magical beings that made a mark on the ceiling and broke a lamp ... but I digress.

What is the best (and when I say best I mean longest lasting best fitting) battery for the RSV ?

Should I go cheap and go to Wally World and buy a neverstart ? :whistling:

go midway and buy the Yuasa?

or should I spend my kids college fund and get the Lithium Highzoot fluxcapacitor ver$ion?

I know battery technology has changed quite a bit in the last few years. I read so much on the internet about this and that kind of battery. :backinmyday:

Lead acid .. Glass mat .. Lithium :confused24:

I don't want to buy any special chargers or anything like that. If it wont live on a good ole battery tender then it's not for me.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I just went to Autozone and Walmart. Both ahd AGM batteries to fit

Autozone - 102.00 :shock3:

Walmart - 75.00

Yuasa - 87.00 from a few places (Amazon, Ebay)

I saw this too

Adventure power ? - 63.00

http://www.techbatterysolutions.com/Yamaha-RS-Venture-Battery-All-Years-2010-p/sm204.htm?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=shopzilla&utm_term=SM204

I bought an Everstart AGM from Walmart for my Kawasaki that cost over $80 and was made by Yuasa. It seems to be very powerful still and it has been installed a couple of years. Very pleased.

the Walmart Battery is made by Yuasa ?

Interesting ...

I don't get the least expensive nor the most expensive. But one with good reviews and respectable warranty and power (CCA). The battery technology is changing to frequently between replacements. I'm using an AGM I bought several years ago. So far so good.

Hello: Same story here. All was good several weeks ago. Went to ride on Sunday dead battery. Looks like my 4 year old DEKA AGM failed. I intend to support one of our valuable member vendors here on the site. Click on classifieds, click on member vendors, click on Skydoc_17, scroll down to battery. Choose the appropriate battery. Pay. Shipped to your door step. Earl is a Great guy!!!

After checking out a few batteries in person, I went with the Yuasa. However, I was not able to get my hands on a DEKA.

I chose the Yuasa because the terminals appeared more robust than either the Everstart or the Autozone version.

Also, I believe Yuasa makes the Interstate battery.

Thanks for all the replies.