IGNORED

Anybody want to post what they paid for their used bikes?

pbjman

Is there a thread where people have posted what kind of bike they have and what they paid for it?

Might be a good 'used bike price' reference once it gets built up.

I found mine through a CL posting, late season purchase (just 3 weeks ago). 99 RSV Purple/Silver 21,900 miles $3200. Pretty clean, ran good, everything works, tires good, trunk and rack were detached so I had to put them on myself when I got the bike home. No extra bling such as driving lamps, luggage rack, chrome saddlebag rails, etc. Both passenger footboard rubber pads are missing, but I have them on order from boats.net for about $23 including shipping. Had to go 95 miles to get it. Thinking I got a pretty good deal, and I'm building my wish list for rear lights, driving lights, ignition relay, bike lift & adapter, etc.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it would...

But it's not going to happen here...

Myself... I like to brag on what a good deal I got on something. Believe everyone does...

I scored a 2007 midnight RSV with less than 500 miles back in 2010, along with a 14' V-nose trailer for $13,000.

About 2 years ago, I suggested the same as you.... the general consensus was, this info is personal...

Interpretation: I want to sell it for more, later...

It's not gonna happen...

I still think it's a good idea...

I bought my 96 with 13k miles for $2200.00. It had some bruises from being in a tornado. It had new paint and most of the damage was repaired and, other than a badly dented muffler, what wasn't repaired was minor cosmetic stuff.

In 96, I bought my 83 with 23,000 miles on it for $2,100. I now have over 170,000 miles on it. Due to it getting knocked over by a woman in a pickup truck in about 2009, her insurance paid me $3,400 and I bought it back for $200 and had to do some plastic repair. Here is a picture taken about two months ago.

RandyA

029.JPG

$450 for my 86 VR, I have put a lot of work into it and have spent way more money then I have need to to get it ready for the road. :big-grin-emoticon:

Don't we always??? With all of the accessories I have added to mine in the last 3 years I have spent somewhere between $1500 and $1800 on top of the $2200 buying price.:mo money:

I just bought my 2006 in August , found it on Craig's list in Tennessee, paid $7000.00 for it. It had all the accessories that I wanted already on it. I think I paid about what it was worth, probley not a great deal but it was what I wanted for the price I was willing to pay.

Yeah, but I'm one of "those guys" who can't leave anything alone. LOL I like tinkering and building to suit me. My other bike, an 82 750 Virago, is FAR from stock. I slapped an 1100 cc motor in it and dressed it out with a Vetter fairing, bags, and trunk. Way more spent then I would ever recoup. I built it the way I wanted it.

Royal Star evolution

Virago evolution

I paid $5100 for my 2000 Venture with 31K mile in immaculate condition and with all maintenance records and receipts. I know there are many factors that come into play with buying a machine but as someone posted earlier if you thought it was worth it you would pay for it. Pretty much was my case, the bike was showroom condition and the fellow strongly encouraged my wife and I to take it out for long afternoon ride (which we did) but then offered for me to take it home for the evening and check it out to be sure it was the right bike for me . . . . wow. Don’t find that very often! The bike sold itself but the integrity and honesty of the seller was a real deal closer. I was very fortunate. Love the bike and love this site!!

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

I paid $5100 for my 2000 Venture with 31K mile in immaculate condition and with all maintenance records and receipts. I know there are many factors that come into play with buying a machine but as someone posted earlier if you thought it was worth it you would pay for it. Pretty much was my case, the bike was showroom condition and the fellow strongly encouraged my wife and I to take it out for long afternoon ride (which we did) but then offered for me to take it home for the evening and check it out to be sure it was the right bike for me . . . . wow. Don’t find that very often! The bike sold itself but the integrity and honesty of the seller was a real deal closer. I was very fortunate. Love the bike and love this site!!

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Now this is a great example of how the intangibles can factor into a purchase. I agree with you that the seller definitely added VALUE to your situation above just the bike. The showroom condition, great documentation, and open test drive situation really add up to make it an excellent purchase.