IGNORED

Pics of my newly acquired 09 RSV, before and after.....

YamahaLarry

Lots of hard work went into transferring all painted parts, shot, wheels/tires, etc.

Before (the day I picked it up in Georgia and rode it back to vacation resort in Sevierville)

40593665_10212404226809895_7551617190105972736_n.jpg

40664547_10212404227289907_7338586837994176512_n.jpg

After transferring bunches of parts from my 99 RSV (need to clean my camera lens I guess)

20181023_123944.jpg

20181023_124032.jpg

Edited by YamahaLarry

Absolutely awesome looking ride. Actually breathtaking! I have been twisting wrenches for 45 years so I know just how much work that was. And to get it all done in such a short time so you could ride for breast cancer. I commend you sir. Now if we could only clone several thousand of you, the world be such a better place. Truly amazing.

Absolutely awesome looking ride. Actually breathtaking! I have been twisting wrenches for 45 years so I know just how much work that was. And to get it all done in such a short time so you could ride for breast cancer. I commend you sir. Now if we could only clone several thousand of you, the world be such a better place. Truly amazing.

:ice_thy-vi101212101

Thanks dude. It was a lot of hard work, and slightly bruised ribs made it even more difficult, getting in certain positions, and worst part was breaking that rear axle nut loose on day 2. Still got a few loose ends to tie up, but so far I am very pleased.

Nice ride Larry. You did good. Now I have to ask what color is it? Looks Black Cherry in some pics and a shade of purple in others.

Thank you. Lots and lots of work has gone into this bike (well, the 99 too).

It's all HOK (House of Kolors) paint, Voodoo Violet Kandy with silver and purple base coat. Pink and purple were Princess Emma's favorite colors, so I chose a shade of purple in her memory.

2 coats primer

1 coat of their base

2 coats of each silver/purple base where required

4 coats Voodoo Violet Kandy

4 coats of their show clear

Pinstripes are painted under the clear and are in Superman colors in memory of Superman Thomas J Sullivan of Ashville, AL. Six year old boy that lost his life to cancer and really the one that got me involved in supporting childhood cancer. Colors are red/blue/gold - replaced Superman yellow with gold to represent childhood cancer.

Nice ride Larry. You did good. Now I have to ask what color is it? Looks Black Cherry in some pics and a shade of purple in others.

Also, not sure if you can see it well in this image, but there is a ghosted image of the Justice League on the "hood" and only visible in sunlight. It represents my heroes, the children battling cancer.

JusticeLeague1.jpg

x2 :thumbsup2:

GORGEOUS scoot Larry,,, that sweetheart just SCREAMSSS "Get Out And Ride!!" :dancefool:

Firm believer in "Get Out And Ride", that famous quote coined by a great man. Have been riding every day since I got 'er reassembled. Was quite chilly in the deep South this morning and had to embrace the old leather jacket for the first time of this fall season. 38 degrees, which is nothing for you folks up North.

And yes, she's a sweetheart. Hope your brother is doing well.