IGNORED

Not Again.

Marcarl

Don't ask,, I just donated another five bucks,,, really wasn't my fault,,, had nothing to do with it,,,, I mean,, all I did was get off the bike at the gas pumps,,, foolishness, who ever thought of putting something on two wheels,,,and then nothing to keep it from tipping over,,,, something automatic I mean,,, should be a good place for an inventor to come up with a new idea,,,,and now it seems I started a new trend,, I hope not, but two rides and two lay-downs doesn't spell good for the near future,,,,,,,,, next ride I'm going to get bubble wrap,, and some foam,,, and spring loaded thingies.

No damage this time, not even my pride,,,, it went before the fall,,,, heck it happens, just glad it was me and not somebody who would get all upset about these things. Good thing, this time Marca was already out of harms way, but the kick stand was not exactly where it was supposed to be so flipped back up,,, what it supposed to do,,, and I just let it go,,, what I was supposed to do,,,,, training paid off!!:happy65::think:,,, just a little more smoke out of the wires, nothing too serious,, anybody need some lights???

It must be something about gas pumps, because that's the only time I seem to "forget" to put the kickstand down. I did it a couple of times with the first Venture, but got into the habit of putting the Roadstar on the kickstand since the cap was on the side of the tank. I'd like to see Yamaha/Star do something similar to HD with the kickstands, it sure would save a lot of "pride"! These Ventures sure are hard to catch sometimes. :shock3:

Was the mishap(at pumps) the cause of no running lights on the way home? I was watching your bike and thought I couldn't see any lights on but by the time I was going to ask you I noticed your conversation with Saddlebum and figured he told you. Did you find the problem yet? I was wondering why you posted if anybody needed any lights?

Carl If you need a hand I could come down for a few hours after I get off work to give a hand where I can or second opinion ? I could wait until you get time( I get home around 8 and could come down around 9-930 and come home home around1:30 or 2.

I now know how it feels Carl. Today, I stopped under an overpass to put on my rain gear. Unlike you, I did use my side stand and because the shoulder was sloped, I actually paused to make sure there was enough lean for the side stand. There was - until a truck went by and the wind from the truck was enough to cause the bike to go over - and I mean right over until my fairing made contact with the ground. First time my bike has gone over, so it was an emotional event for me. Fortunatley, Anne was with me so with her help, I was able to lift the bike back up and continue my ride in the rain.

Thanks guys,,, got it all together now,,,, ya right,,,, but we're on the mend and will be looking good shortly.

Ya Phil, the bike laid down because I did things out of sync and so the kickstand didn't get set all the way forward and then when I set it on the kickstand, she rolled forward and over. Didn't have any tail lights after that, so had to go tail-less for the rest of the evening,, and don't the rest of you guys get any funny ideas.

Went to work on it today and found that I had running lights up front but not at the back,,, hey what's up, how can that be,,, both off the same fuse, fuse is good, but no back lights. Off come the seat, bags, trunk, false cover, headlight cover, headlight, windshield and ah well might as well take the dash board out as well. Then to trace some wires, dig out a schematic, get confused,, so I read my book for while. Phone rang so I went back to digging. Smelled the CPU and it smelled like PU, took it apart and found a fried connection, yep fried the solder right away,,, easy fix, I had some solder, globbed it up good, so now that works again,,, I was almost envisioning a trip to the US with an outdated passport but no need I think. Then I discovered a pinched wire in my chrome bumper that explained all the current draw that fried the CPU, and also found a 20amp fuse trying to do the job of a 5 amper,, no wonder it didn't blow,,, got a nail in there now so that should work,,,,,, NOT!

Should all be back together tomorrow for a test ride. Let's see, we need some u-turns, barn yards, gravel, scenic routes,,,,, did I miss anything?

Don't ask,, I just donated another five bucks,,, really wasn't my fault,,, had nothing to do with it,,,, I mean,, all I did was get off the bike at the gas pumps,,, foolishness, who ever thought of putting something on two wheels,,,and then nothing to keep it from tipping over,,,, something automatic I mean,,, should be a good place for an inventor to come up with a new idea,,,,and now it seems I started a new trend,, I hope not, but two rides and two lay-downs doesn't spell good for the near future,,,,,,,,,

Is there any chance that you used to ride a tricycle and wear a yellow raincoat back in the sixties. :think::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Is there any chance that you used to ride a tricycle and wear a yellow raincoat back in the sixties. :think::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Now how would you know about that,,,, did your mommy have you wear that? I never owned a tricycle, best I had was a 4 wheeled wagon,,, guess 3 wheels weren't enough even then.

Yup, Time to put it out of it's misery.

Brad

... and us out of ours.

:rotf:

You guys realize I can read all your comments,,right?

Are you trying to make me feel better???? Well so far it's not working, maybe you should take on a new approach,,, and Ben, you're not helping much either.

I think I'm going for a ride,,,, maybe

I got into the habit of using my sidestand to shut the bike off. Two birds with one stone.

I used to do that but it got to costly... When I did that I would forget to take the key out. The following Ten Step procedure would then follow.

Step one : walk out of the bar

Step two : find bike with dead battery

Step three ; walk back into the bar

step four : walk out of the bar with a group of volunteers

Step five : push start bike:

Step six : walk back into the Bar

Step seven : pay for a round of beer:

Step eight ; Ride home

Step nine: explain why I was late getting home :whistling:

Step ten : Take wife out for dinner to difuse the situation :confused24:

Like I said very costly :mo money:

I used to do that but it got to costly... When I did that I would forget to take the key out. The following Ten Step procedure would then follow.

Step one : walk out of the bar

Step two : find bike with dead battery

Step three ; walk back into the bar

step four : walk out of the bar with a group of volunteers

Step five : push start bike:

Step six : walk back into the Bar

Step seven : pay for a round of beer:

Step eight ; Ride home

Step nine: explain why I was late getting home :whistling:

Step ten : Take wife out for dinner to difuse the situation :confused24:

Like I said very costly :mo money:

That's was started to sound like an offer and honor story, glad you managed to get out of the bar before you drank that round of beer and then found out that the scoot was out of gas.

Don't ask,, I just donated another five bucks,,, really wasn't my fault,,, had nothing to do with it,,,,

Just a question. Where the H does the $5 bucks go??? The SAF fund?? Way back in the beginning, before there were any supporting members, the dropped bike kitty was a neat way to raise some cash, along with personal donations, to offset some of the out of pocket expenses Don incurred maintaining this board. Now with all the supporting members I don't think it's really needed any longer. Just the embarrassment of dropping your bike should be enough.... unless of course you like to pay penance. I don't... :whistling: