IGNORED

Goodbye North Carolina, hello Texas

Guest HdHtr

Guest HdHtr

Almost time to go. We are leaving North Carolina and heading West to Texas.

Although we will miss our friends and our little place out here just off the IP for drop zone Sicily at Fort Bragg we are looking forward to getting into our new place outside of San Antonio. The folks in NC and the East here have been great. I have no doubt I will miss sitting on the front porch at the house here as the C-130's and the monstrous C-17's fly over our garage so low you can almost reach out and touch them, then watch as they head over the forest until the parachutes blossom in a strings behind them. Or when the Marines come to town and shake the area with the 155's day and night. Well, maybe we won't miss that.

In the last couple of years I've found myself literally falling apart but thanks to modern medicine, I have been mostly put back together. But still I retain a few problems that seriously affect my ability to work on my bike. I had a problem with the bike that really needed fixing. So I waited till an old friend stopped by and we took the bike apart, fixed the problem but another problem cropped up I did not foresee and I had to order a part that didn't come in till after he left for home on the other side of the country. Now I have my bike in 500 pieces or so and waiting for help to come from Texas to put it back together.

But. The turning wrenches problem has been resolved. In San Antonio we will be living but a few hundred feet from an old pal, family, rider, member and one time evil companion (we have both reformed from our earlier days on VR.org ... or at least I have), who has sworn to turn wrenches for me when needed, share his stash of ice cream and generally be available to go with when I wanna ride.

And away we go ... well, in two weeks or so.:cool10:

welcome to TEXAS looking forward to meeting you and family. you have some great members in the area your moving to. and if that's not enought we can always have a local mx day at your new place. :225:

reguards

dfon c.

Guest tx2sturgis

I lived in San Antonio for about a year back in the early 80's, and I still get thru there now and then. Great riding in the Texas Hill Country but you should limit riding it at night because of all the deer. When I lived there, I avoided riding out of the city limits on two lane roads after dark.

You probably already know about that, I'm just reminiscing mainly. Good luck on the move and welcome to Texas!

Guest HdHtr

Margaret we thought we had more time ... but seems it is all gone and the move is upon us. We were hoping to get together with everyone out this way but it don't look like it is possible. So y'all gotta come visit us out in San Antonio ...

Damn they are invading from all directions. At least your not a damn Yankee. Now you just need to learn to speak texmex and drink tequila. Your gonna like it here welcome aboard. Oh and San Antonio aint west Texas that's the middle.

Guest HdHtr

Were looking forward to having you folks here Steve. Dont be shy about asking for help if you need it....San Antonio is only a 4 hour trip for us north of Houston

:thumbsup2:

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP ... and bring cheese cake ...

You know Brad, I haven't had any of your better half's cheese cake since Venture West III. I may just like being there in Texas ...

Guest HdHtr
Damn they are invading from all directions. At least your not a damn Yankee. Now you just need to learn to speak texmex and drink tequila. Your gonna like it here welcome aboard. Oh and San Antonio aint west Texas that's the middle.

Jeeze Squid ... you think I ought to tell him? Oh well, regardless, one side of our family hails from Texas anyway ...

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP ... and bring cheese cake ...

You know Brad, I haven't had any of your better half's cheese cake since Venture West III. I may just like being there in Texas ...

Let us know the dates and we'll head over there....and perhaps we we'll have a cheesecake with us, what kind are you thinking of?

Guest HdHtr
Uh, Define Evil?:Im not listening to:rotf:

Now Bud, there I was minding my own business and being the choir boy I was and then zappo ... you know how much trouble you used to get me into ...