IGNORED

got my new ride!!

treecol

At last after spending alot of time researching the bike, I picked up my '08 Midnight Venture today. I was a little uneasy about the purchase as here in the UK the bike isn't well known & I couldn't get other dealers to give me a valuation as it doesn't have a book price. Fortunately as the dealer I bought it from has had it for at least 3 months, I got him to drop £3k on the price - so I couldn't say no!!

The wife & I did 150 miles this evening & as the miles went on, our smiles got bigger & bigger! What a fantastic bike, it just got better & better. Did country miles with loads of twisties. Really impressed with the handling & the power. I can't believe that these bikes didn't take off over here, it's a real shame we can't get them new like you can.

Thanks for all the help you gave me when I asked for advise prior to my purchase, I'll post some pics tomorrow & look forward to being around here.

Who needs a Hardley, when you can ride quality like this?!

congrats and welcome to the nut farm....just be glad there aren't any first gens over there or youd really see some power and handling.........all kidding aside when I grow up I want a second gen I just refuse to grow up and you cant buy a new bike when you spend all your money on every other toy you see.

David

They are fantastic bikes, but they are the best keep secret in motorcycling. The Venture Rider site does a much better job getting the word out about just how good they are than Yamaha does.

Welcome to the Venture Rider Family.

Earl

:thumbsup2:

Edited by mm482

congrats and welcome to the nut farm....just be glad there aren't any first gens over there or youd really see some power and handling.........all kidding aside when I grow up I want a second gen I just refuse to grow up and you cant buy a new bike when you spend all your money on every other toy you see.

David

Yeah when I get old I'm going to slow down and get me a 2nd Gen!!:whistling:

WELCOME!!

David

Yeah when I get old I'm going to slow down and get me a 2nd Gen!!:whistling:

WELCOME!!

Antiques riding antiques :rotfl: Just because you claim to be faster doesn't make it better :stickpoke: :duck:

Thanks for the welcomes. Why is it that no one knows about these bikes? When we saw it at the dealers, we said we hoped it rode as good as it looks. And it does! I've been looking for the bike which fits me in every way for the last 31 years of riding, & this ticks all the boxes. Why doesn't anyone (except you guys) know about it?:confused24: