IGNORED

Warning - spiritual content from the Prayer Request section.

Appreciate prayer for my brother Chris Fultz. We are very close.

He got up this morning to get ready for the day and he always carries a small Smith & Wesson auto 380 pistol (we both have our CCW permits). He reached for the gun this morning and it accidentally went off and shot himself in the stomach. He rarely has the gun fully loaded with a round in the chamber. But he had loaded one in to kill a snake a few days earlier and forgot to remove it from the chamber.

The bullet went in the front near the belly button and all the way and up and next to the left shoulder blade. The doctor removed the bullet from the rear near the shoulder blade. The doctor made a large size incision in his stomach. There was no vital organs damaged, other than a graze to the left lung. So God was watching over him.

The worry now is recovery and that with out ammonia. He is running a low grade fever for now. I just got back from the hospital a little while ago.

I was the one that was called right after 911 this morning around 4:30 AM. I lead and actually out ran the state police to my brothers house. The accident had to be treated just as a regular shooting until all was clear.

I am thankful that the situation was no worse than it is. Could have been a lot worse.

Please always, even when you awake and are sleepy headed, remember to respect a gun and always suspect the gun to be loaded fully when handling it. Treat it as loaded and ready at all times.

My brother and I have handled guns all our lives (30yrs) and have never ever had an accident even closely related to this. So please always be careful. Guns are safe if handled properly.

We appreciate all thoughts and prayers for my brother and his family. His son (15 yrs old) is in the hospital recovering from a rare lung surgery. So please remember him also. Part of the reason why my brother was so sleepy headed and careless.

James Darrell Fultz (Fuzzy)

Some where down the line I would pray that the two of you would be able to laugh over this. I know it is not the time to laugh now but, maybe later on Fuzz. Sure glad it isn't any worse. This will be a wake up call for all the family on how important it is on how to handle a loaded gun.

May The Good Lord see fit for a speedy recovery for your brother and his son.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Our lives are a LONG succession of heart beats. And being human we can forget things. Even one moment in time can cost us dearly. Just one of the things that makes our lives so precious.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery and remind your brother to give himself a break. (I tend to be my own worst critic WHEN I screw up. Not IF)