IGNORED

Don't buy from www.Motorcycle-Superstore.com

foyerboy

Just had an bad experience with Motorcycle-Superstore.com . I bought a set of Avon Venoms for my 99 RSV. I looked at a couple of different sites I felt like their prices were good, saw their low price guarantee and decided to go ahead and buy. Another user on here afterward suggested checking the prices over at DennisKirk.com and what do you know, they had their rear Venom for $17 less, may not seem like a lot but we ride for 200 miles on that much. So I called M-S.com to get my price match guarantee this morning and they refused.....

Go check it our for yourselves 150/90v-15 at DK.com = $153.43 at M-S.com 169.99. Both offer free shipping. So what's the deal? Motorcycle-Superstore.com will not get any more of my business!:no-no-no:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the "Eligibility" section for the price match guarantee it states...

In order to verify current pricing and availability, price match requests must be received prior to ordering

Did you do this????

It also goes on to state...

Motorcycle Superstore reserves the right to approve or deny price match requests at its discretion.

Lowest Price Guarantee may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice

With their "disclaimers", one might wonder why they bother to advertise a price match guarantee as it appears they have covered enough bases to not honour that statement under most, if not all, conditions. It's kind of a false advertisement if you ask me.

That said, it would not stop me from ordering from them.

Edited by SilvrT

I have had good luck with them as well and as long as you state when you are ordering and they can Verify the price they will honor it. To come back after purchase and ask for a price match that they cannot verify was in effect the day you purchased it is asking a little much.

I have found the tire prices at JakeWilson.com to beat motorcycle superstore by a few dollars and they also offer fast free shipping.

Agree with above consequently I have never ordered for Motorcycle Superstore. Personally I don't like low price guarantees, just find them not worth the hassle. I try to find the best combination of price/service go with that and don't look back. This may not work for everbody but it works well for me.

Jeff

I just did a price match with MC superstore against a SW-Moto price on a Metzeler MT90B-16. No issues. Granted, I made the price match request before the purchase.

Just had an bad experience with Motorcycle-Superstore.com . I bought a set of Avon Venoms for my 99 RSV. I looked at a couple of different sites I felt like their prices were good, saw their low price guarantee and decided to go ahead and buy. Another user on here afterward suggested checking the prices over at DennisKirk.com and what do you know, they had their rear Venom for $17 less, may not seem like a lot but we ride for 200 miles on that much. So I called M-S.com to get my price match guarantee this morning and they refused.....

Go check it our for yourselves 150/90v-15 at DK.com = $153.43 at M-S.com 169.99. Both offer free shipping. So what's the deal? Motorcycle-Superstore.com will not get any more of my business!:no-no-no:

I love MC-Superstore I buy my tires they ship them to my preferred installer I can order today and will in most cases be delivered by the next day 2 days max...I have checked all web stores for my tires and MCS has been great, NOW i have found some tires cheaper BUT they didn't have free shipping...Now 1 would presume price match comes with stipulations just the way it is...:backinmyday:

I have had good service with them also. Last set of tires I bought I did the "price match". Took me a day or so for them to get back to me if I rememeber right but they got back to me and gave me their match price.

Good to know that most folks on here have had a good experience with M-S.com, but I sure haven't. I spoke to the folks before purchasing and was told that they price match even after the sale if within a reasonable time frame. When I tried to take them up on their offer.....no dice. I think you should honor your promises..... As far as shipping, ease of ordering, yeah all that was easy and my tires arrived quickly. However, if you are going to tell me one thing and do another we will have problems.

By the way sounds like there are a lot of M-S.com shareholders on this site, come on you guys can be honest!

:detective:

Good to know that most folks on here have had a good experience with M-S.com, but I sure haven't. I spoke to the folks before purchasing and was told that they price match even after the sale if within a reasonable time frame. When I tried to take them up on their offer.....no dice. I think you should honor your promises..... As far as shipping, ease of ordering, yeah all that was easy and my tires arrived quickly. However, if you are going to tell me one thing and do another we will have problems.

By the way sounds like there are a lot of M-S.com shareholders on this site, come on you guys can be honest!

One of the things I've learned (and learned it the hard way) is to never rely on verbal statements. If it's not in writing, it has no foundation.

Never have thought much of places that offer price matching. Sort of says well charge you more, unless you catch us.

I would rather buy it from the place that gives the lower price up front.

:mo money:

Gary

Don't know about the guarantee but searched several sites and they were best when including shipping so I ordered and had both tires in 4-5 days although they shipped separately.

No association with MS Superstore but damn those Venoms are awesome!!!

Happy Customer here and will return when I need more stuff.

Just saying...

Big part of the reason I go back to them is low pricing. I have probably looked at over 20 sites pricing tires, and for the brand and size I was looking for they were the least expensive. The time I had them price match I happened to find a tire on sale at a different joint and they MSS.com matched it. Dont own no stock or anybody that works there, just good experiences for me.

Not a very polite implication. I too have had excellent service and pricing with MC SS. The fact that you didn't like your treatment does not make everyone else here a liar. Come on now ... let's be adult about this.

Andy

I hate to say it but bottom line you did not do your homework before purchase, had you one of two things would have happened you would have purchased from M-S.com with a price match or gone to another vendor. I dont think it is fair to this business or any other business to badmouth them on a national forum for a mistake that you made.

So just because this is a national forum , I should not share my experiences? I kinda thought that is what forums are all about.... Come on, lighten up. Because my experience was not as good as yours I can't share it? Also, I made a call before making my purchase and did my due diligence, that's the whole reason I feel this way. I was told one thing and they did another, hence my complaint. How I am to know they won't do the same thing to anyone else on this forum. I thought we tried to look out for fellow riders here.....right or wrong?

And the shareholders remark.....folks it's called a sense of humor.

:confused24:

Edited by foyerboy

So just because this is a national forum , I should not share my experiences. I kinda thought that is what forums are all about.... Come on, lighten up. Because my experience was not as good as yours I can't share it?

And the shareholders remark.....folks it's called a sense of humor.

:confused24:

Is this humour too?

No one has ever suggested you not share your experience. You did share it, then appeared to get snotty when your experience was contrary to most others.

Wanna back away slowly and start again? :)

FWIW ... My experience with motorcyclesuperstore.com has been excellent.

Truth be told,I look at price like everyone else..

But what's more important to me is "How old is the tire"????????

That's why I buy all my tires from J-P Cycles,where I can examine the tires and get fresh tires all the time,when I'm coming thru the area....

I might pay a couple of bucks more,but I can verify the dates before I buy and then take them with me...Just my .02.................................................