IGNORED

Pretty good shooting.

Sylvester

I had my dogs in the back fenced yard and they went ballistic. I looked out and there was a fox stumbling around outside the fence. Obviously it was rabbid which we have had much of in my part of the county this last year. I grabbed the nearest firearm which happened to be my Colt Diamondback that I used to carry as a deputy. At 45-50 feet with one round the fox was "grave yard dead". I haven't fired this particular gun in near thirty years but I keep it loaded just the same. Now I will have to clean it for the next thirty years.

:farmer:

Every now and then we get a rabid racoon around here. Shooting a firearm within City limits is not an option here. Thankfully none of the neighbors mind hearing the fireworks tho.....:cool10:

Boomer....who sez the pygmies do a good job of tearing up dem coons....when dey is backed up by mah Colt Commander.:whistling:

A safety is not an issue with the Glock. :) There's NOT one.

My son bought me a .45 Glock ten years ago, but I could never get used to it ande gave it back to him. I have a 1911 A1 and a Bersa in .380 for backup, but everything else are revolvers. I guess since I never served as a deputy during auto loaders, I am accustomed to wheel guns.

Semi auto and revolver each have advantages and disadvantages. I guess that is why you can still buy both.

I don't shoot near as much as I used to, I'm down to around 5-600 rounds a year.:crying:

I used to shoot around 15K rounds a year.:missingtooth:

That's still good shooting to hit a moving target with a gun that you haven't fired in a long time.

Last year deer hunting there was a doe staggering around with an obviously broken leg. The MI DNR would not allow us to put it down. Oh well, I'm sure the wolves or coyotes will find her tasty.

Semi auto and revolver each have advantages and disadvantages. I guess that is why you can still buy both.

I don't shoot near as much as I used to, I'm down to around 5-600 rounds a year.:crying:

I used to shoot around 15K rounds a year.:missingtooth:

That's still good shooting to hit a moving target with a gun that you haven't fired in a long time.

Last year deer hunting there was a doe staggering around with an obviously broken leg. The MI DNR would not allow us to put it down. Oh well, I'm sure the wolves or coyotes will find her tasty.

In all fairness, it was barely moving and that Colt was a great shooter in its day and since I still shoot two different S&W model 19s, it was an easy shot (as it turned out). I forgot about the opposite torque (due to rifleing) on the Colt compared to the Smith.

Oh well, the poor critter has been consumed by fire in my burn pit now. There are so many animals dumped out here in the county and the Animal Control can't begin to keep up with them. I have five rescue dogs, three of which showed up here on my land within the last four years and the other two were at my last acreage.

that Colt was a great shooter in its day

:whistling: Have you checked the price of Colts lately? Its probably worth four time what you paid for it. :mo money:

This is from a long time ago. Still have Dads model 10. Looks like the day it was made other than holster wear

Edited by BuddyRich

Every now and then we get a rabid racoon around here. Shooting a firearm within City limits is not an option here. Thankfully none of the neighbors mind hearing the fireworks tho.....:cool10:

Boomer....who sez the pygmies do a good job of tearing up dem coons....when dey is backed up by mah Colt Commander.:whistling:

We are in the city limits here too, so no fire arms, but I continue to be amazed at what a loud POP an armadillo makes when he trips over one of the landscape timbers around my wife's flower beds. AND it seems that stubbing his toe turns out to be a fatal act. Wife seems to think the 550 Remington and LR-HPs have something to do with it... :no-no-no:

Dang Jim, keep'em over there... Of course the warning went out last week around my mom's neighborhood over in South Park about a rabbid fox taking small dogs.... She will not let her Pom out in the yard much now.

BTW. Still a good shot!

Edited by TDunc

Actually there are three on the glock...they are all internal...then there is the most inportant FORTH safety.....The hand holding the Glock.......:whistling:

OK smarty....there is no MANUAL safety that you would have to click on and off. Now if you want to get even MORE picky...I guess the trigger safety COULD be considered manual but you are going to automatically take care of that one when put your finger on the trigger and start squeezing it. :rasberry:

Now now boys it is just a gun so don't get in a tizzy over it. What harm could come of the safety issue??? :whistling:

There are some folks out there who could shoot their eye out....:whistling:

Boomer....who sez never trust a man who wears a gun and has less than 10 toes....:shock3:

OK smarty....there is no MANUAL safety that you would have to click on and off. Now if you want to get even MORE picky...I guess the trigger safety COULD be considered manual but you are going to automatically take care of that one when put your finger on the trigger and start squeezing it. :rasberry:

That would be the trigger reset you are talking about....double tap....double tap.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: two to the body .....two to the body armor (head)..repeat if necessary...

I just renewed myself but I used a real gun a 1911a1 scored a 250 one ragged hole.:stirthepot:
to be honest I have never shot a 1911 but will when I get the chance. Ain't that far to Midland/Odessa. May have to get you to show me a few things about them....Can never have to many guns.