IGNORED

VentureRider Newsletter

Freebird

Is there any interest here in a newsletter? This would be a newsletter that you would have the option of subscribing to. It would be emailed to the members who subscribe on a monthly, bi-monthly, whatever basis.

The big advantage of this will be for those who do not visit and read every post on the forum on a daily basis. It would pull out the highlights or important threads from the forum and also any other relevant info that the author wants to write. It could include information and reminders of upcoming rallies, eat and meets, etc. The possibilities are endless.

It would also be available online for anybody who prefers that it NOT be emailed to them.

I already have the necessary module installed here for the newsletter feature, it is just something that I have never gotten around to doing.

Now here is the next BIG question. Do we have a volunteer who is a good writer who would like to write the newsletter?

Guest ReinyRooster

Don, personally I believe we have all the info and discussion that we need on the site, and as such, a newsletter would simply be alot of work and costs to duplicate what is already on the site.

Okay......... I'll look at the other side of the coin. I think a newsletter is an excellent idea. As Don indicated, there are many who do not visit the sight often. Subsequently, a lot of information gets buried. This was evident by the number of inquries we received concerning the dates and location of the 2007 International VentureIn. Right up to a week before the event, folks were asking for the dates and locations.

I think it also has a lot of possibilities to both inform, entertain, and help....

With that being said, if we decide to move forward with the newsletter, and no one else steps forward, I would be willing to take it on to get the ball rolling.

I think a monthly newsletter that points out all VR events for the upcoming month would be a good idea. Sort of a ride schedule. Then of course publishing the big rallies many months in advance.

In digital PDF format the newsletter can have working links back to the forums for the various event threads.

:checkeredflag::biker::usa:

Sounds good to me too Freebird. I was only joking about Cinderella on previous post to stir things up,,not that SHE would...

I think this would be a good thing to also have to hand out to any possible newcomer so that they can immediately see a visual of what things the VR groups do and each copy could include a small write up on how to become a VR member....Maybe even a line for the VR member handing it them to sign so we know who brought them to the VR site..

OPPS,I see another contest coming: who can get the most members to join.

News letter, Cool !!!

Monthly or quarterly?

I like the idea of the stealers,,,,er,:whistling: Dealers gettin a copy. If nothing else, it would let them KNOW that this is a serious group.

I'm in no way a jernalist (cant even spell it) but i think it would be nice if two or three could gang up on it to keep the pressure off just one person. And probably less than "strict publication" dates.....Just my 2 coppers worth....

since i am one of those who are "incurably addicted " to the site, and read EVERY post in EVERY thread, on a daily basis,i guess my input would not influence anyone ,anyhow.

i do , however like the idea of having the ability to show dealers, what we are about.

just jt

As a new member and one who is trying to get caught up on years worth of tips, advice and whatnot, I would definitely like to see a newsletter. I would volunteer my time to help, but my wife would tell you that means that she would really be doing the work, not me. So I think I better not do that right now. I'll subscribe and donate $$ though.

Randy

Just to answer some of the questions. I think the newsletter will be in .html format so links will be active. Because you will be receiving it via email, you will be able to forward it to whomever you wish and will be able to print it to hand out as you please. You will be free to print, copy, reproduce it as you see fit. More to come later.