IGNORED

how much air is everyone running in their shocks

4 up front, 20-35 in the rear (I have varied it quite a bit in the last 2 weeks trying different setups and I don't know what it is at now, but somewhere in there)

I set it up for 2-up although my passenger weighs maybe 100 lbs soaking wet...

• 10 months later...
just curious to see what everybody was setting their shocks at. I ride solo and was running about 20 in the rear, and 5 in front. Am I close to what everybody else is running

Best is 10% of your weight in rear and no mor then 5-7 in front always works great.

Joe :thumbsup2:

This is on an RS Venture, not a TD.

I ride 5 in the front with a crossover to balance them. This way the shocks won't bottom out in an emergency stop.

For the rear I add up the total weight added to the bike including junk in the bags/trunk then lop off the right number. Me 210, junk 25, added chrome 15 = 250. Lop off the right number and put about 25 psi in the shock. Two up with everything full, I put it close to the top at 50 to 55.

Then when I get home from a trip I forget to lower the pressure in the rear, so I usually wind up running 50 to 55 all the time, which gives me a firmer ride.

From the RS Venture user manual - Max front: 7.1 psi, Max rear: 57 psi. I'm not sure if the TD user manual lists it differently. Small book in trunk, pages 3-17 and 3-18.

• 2 weeks later...

As of about three weeks ago, when I wrote and asked, Progressive isn't currently carrying the pumps themselves, but if you look enough you might be able to find someone with one of the 0-15 psi pumps. It looks like a very large syringe with a gauge and about six inches of tubing. It's the most accurate way to put air in the fronts I've found yet.

The crossover is great too! If you get one treat the little plastic fittings like gold. I haven't found anyplace yet that can replace those parts.

The crossover is great too! If you get one treat the little plastic fittings like gold. I haven't found anyplace yet that can replace those parts.

I work at a lab at a power plant. I deal with a lot of specialized fittings. When I get the parts I will see if I can cross reference them or find brass alternative or something.

David

I work at a lab at a power plant. I deal with a lot of specialized fittings. When I get the parts I will see if I can cross reference them or find brass alternative or something.

David

I wish you the very best of luck, David. This stuff is about half to a third the size of our smallest turbine air control lines. (Stationary Engineer, forty years. I do everything in the Power House but the electrical generation end.)