IGNORED

Show me your cockpit

rumboogy

Show me your cockpit!!

Actually, every rally I go to I check out the different cockpits/handlebar setups. It's amazing to me to see the innovations that people have come up with and also how they have worked around the various problems of adding items into their cockpit.

Just post a simple picture of your cockpit. I labeled mine, but just a picture would be cool.

Maybe this thread will show LOTS of variations that some of us can use on our bikes.

Wally

Here's mine.

American Legion Poppy after 8,000 miles

XM satalite receiver on left Master Cylinder

Garmin Nuvi 200 on Right Master Cylinder

Hand Warmer control on left side

Barefoot Willies Cup holder on the right

Ugly stips on the windshield are for Toll Transponder. (should take them off don't plan on heading that way again for a while)

Hopnel tank bib and pouch

Later, Scooter Bob

Just curious.........why have a clock on the right bar when you have one on the dash?

For those of us that like to have the odo on, and still know the time.... I like the temp and clock. Will look really good with Ponch's new dash configuration... :thumbsup2:

Just curious.........why have a clock on the right bar when you have one on the dash?

I prefer to keep the odometer visible on the dash and to see the time I would have to scroll through the various options. I also have a clock on my GPS....

But there's just something about an ANALOG CLOCK that makes me prefer it (maybe it's the chrome stem. LOL

Wally

Here's mine.

American Legion Poppy after 8,000 miles

XM satalite receiver on left Master Cylinder

Garmin Nuvi 200 on Right Master Cylinder

Hand Warmer control on left side

Barefoot Willies Cup holder on the right

Ugly stips on the windshield are for Toll Transponder. (should take them off don't plan on heading that way again for a while)

Hopnel tank bib and pouch

Later, Scooter Bob

Nice setup Scooter Bob!! Love that you keep the Poppy on there. I bet a lot of us PERSONAL items we like to ride with that have a meaning.

Here's mine ... Not overly "fancy" but is functional and works for me....

[ATTACH]49654[/ATTACH]

OK...now I thought I was in a 747 airplane looking at all your gadgets and gauges. The gauges look VERY NICE!!

Lots of stuff...LOVE IT!!

For those of us that like to have the odo on, and still know the time.... I like the temp and clock. Will look really good with Ponch's new dash configuration... :thumbsup2:

here is my setup for trips. Just got Ponch's guage installed last week at MD.

Edited by pktexas

Later, Scooter Bob

Bob, I mount the toll transponder to the inside top of the trunk, it works just as good through the plastic of the trunk as it would thru the plastic windshield of a bike or the glass of a cage.

Here's a shot of the cockpit on my 2005 RSV. The only addition is a RAM mount and the XM radio. Since the XM has a built in FM modulator, no extra wires needed to be hidden. The XM antenna is mounted to the RAM mount and work well in most areas.

just an FYI...

I used to use that "FM modulator" but once I hard wired it, I found that the sound claity was a lot better and I didn't have to crank the volume up quite as high.

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks to Ponch for compiling an excellent set of gauges. Install was a bit tricky but the result was worth the effort.

As a techie kinda guy, my cockpit is setup for easy access to my iPhone. What you can't see is when the iPhone is in the holder, I use it to shoot video or take photos through the screen.

Also, I have bluetooth in my helmet to iPhone, allows me to listen to music, make/receive calls and hear voice directions. Recently used it for bluetooth intercom to another buddy riding up to 1/4 mile away.

The wireless remote for iPhone is essential, as you can't manipulate the iPhones screen when wearing heavier gloves.

Anyway, here it is: