IGNORED

How to install the BuddyRich Blue-Tooth Cable

Cougar

I Just received the Buddyrich cable last week and had some time today

to install it. I like some of you need pictures and and maybe how too

Instructions.

# 1 Remove Fairing

# 2 Looking from the front of the bike on the left you will see this cluster

of color connectors (Lift the RED Connector up a bit and un-plug it.

12495.jpg 12496.jpg 12501.jpg

# 3 I put a little DIELECTRIC grease in the cables

12507.jpg 12502.jpg

# 4 Now take the BuddyRich Cable and plug it into each of the bikes

corresponding cables.

12503.jpg 12504.jpg

# 5 This is what it looks like after the New Cable is plugged in.

12505.jpg

# 6 Take some Black Electrical Tape and wrap them up to help

water proof them.

12506.jpg

# 7 Run the Small wire from the BuddyRich Cable through your fairing

up the (MICROPHONE IN-PORT) on the Zumo Cradle

12497.jpg 12510.jpg

# 8 Turn Zumo on and make it find your Cell Phone.. (TEST IT)

Plug your helmet into your bike connector like always then have your

Radio System on AUX switch to headset and make your call.

I also Ran my Other 3.5 Connector in the AUX Port on the Zumo Cradle

For my Loaded MP3 Music that I play from my Zumo.

12498.jpg 12508.jpg 12509.jpg

My Findings Were More then I Expected.

The set-up worked perfect. I first called my Daughter from the bike with

my helmet on from the garage. she could her me perfect and I could here

her perfect as well.

Then I Had my Wife come out and put her helmet on she could hear the call being made and My Daughter talking to me. My wife could not talk to our Daughter. But she could tell me what to say to her from helmet to helmet. Also , with the Zumo's MP3's Playing it will Mute it when the call

is being made or coming in. I also was able to have the speakers on the bike on (not the H/S) and hear and talk to my Daughter.

So for the price this set-up works PERFECT!

Thanks Buddy for taking the time and making these cables for us.

(Buddy make sure you add anything else I Forgot before Don puts

this into the TECH Files.)

I Hope this helps some of you folks.

(not sure why these two photos are at the bottom of this page)

--1/12/12 -- NOTE:: I have noticed that the 3.5 connector will

fail after a year or so , so I have been going with the (GOLD PLATED ENDS)

they seem to last longer from all the vibration going on.

Jeff

Edited by Freebird

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

When I installed splitter in the Aux line to receive input from the XM receiver and Zumo there was a huge drop out in volume in the XM that is unacceptable.

To solve this problem I installed this Ampli Rider device into the Aux line that equalizes and amplifies up to 3, 3.5 aux device inputs (mounted within the fairing). It is hard wired to the dash power receptacle and has its own volume knob that can be remotely mounted to adjust its output. I got it on line for $65.00 U.S. shipping included from Gary at this site:

www.electric-avenues.com/amplirider.html

Delivery from Canada was 14 days. Install was super simple, just plug lines in - Works great and can't be beat at that price.:sign outstanding:

:thumbsup2:

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to educate myself on this deal. Talked some with Buddy RIch in the last few days and he schooled me up on my own GPS. :thumbsup2: So looking at another thread dealing with the cable it actually has a pic of the cable pre-install laying on a desk. It looks like a Y-cable (I get that because it goes inbetween) but I dont see any additional input to it, for say the mic on the GPS. And on the install thread here you run a seperate cable from the GPS to the Aux port? Why is the 2 GPS cables (mic and output) not just run back thru the headset cable being split? :confused24:

OK while driving back from Lake Placid tonight (no not NY) I got to thinking, if my GPS is on and plugged into the aux does that mean I have to use it for music ? or will I be able to play radio and the GPS interupt or intercom ? On my old bike if aux was connected and on thats what you had to use for music.

I use a Garmin 550... when a phone call comes in it shows it on the GPS

and will MUTE the music until the call is over. you also can dial the number

from your address book via the Garmin.

not sure if this answers your Qustion you not.

OK while driving back from Lake Placid tonight (no not NY) I got to thinking, if my GPS is on and plugged into the aux does that mean I have to use it for music ? or will I be able to play radio and the GPS interupt or intercom ? On my old bike if aux was connected and on thats what you had to use for music.

iF I UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION RIGHT. IF THE GPS IS PLUGED INTO THE AUX LINE THEN YOU MUST BE IN THE AUX MODE IN ORDER TO HEAR YOUR GPS. I LISTEN TO THE RADIO LOCALLY AND IF A CALL COME IN I SWITCH TO THE AUX MODE AND ANSWER THE CALL. IF I AM LISTENING TO THE MP3 MUSIC (already on aux) ON MY GPS THEN THE MUSIC WILL MUTE WHEN A CALL COMES IN AND START PLAYING WHEN THE CALL IS OVER.

OK that sorta makes sense. If you running say I 95 you dont have too many turns to miss getting to NC. Well I dont. But if my buddy and I are running backroads somewhere then just stay in aux so you can hear it. I guess I dont understand why it cant be built into the harness to plug into it instead of plugging into the aux port. Maybe its something to do with the signal wouldnt be loud enough to pla over the headsets if was just feed back thru the add on cables.