IGNORED

Can You ID This Bike?

easttexasrider

Excuse me if the pic was discussed here before. I hope all is well and you were all safe riding this summer.

I want test your knowledge and solve a puzzle for me by being the first member to identify this bike.

This picture was posted several months ago on the H-D boards and was supposed to be a spy shot of the 09 electra glide. It looks metric to me and does not look like the final H-D that came out a few weeks ago.

I just may not recognize Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki features on a customer's modified bike, but I can't figure out what bike this is. Does anyone recognize this bike or could it be possibly be a spy shot of the long awaited new Kawasaki touring bike???

NOTES: Trunk looks a little like a Venture. Side bags not so much. The rider foot position on the passenger boards could be for comfort or could indicate bad engine heat like the Victory Vision. I do like the handlebar height and the height of the gauges at the top of the fairing. I don't see rear speakers however.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/attachments/kawasaki-touring-sport-touring/21036d1215384436-voyager-replacment-hd-20tour-20prototype.jpg

Edited by easttexasrider

If it is a mteric bike it looks more like a kawasaki engine than the Suzuki. and the side cover seems to indicate that the engine is metric. BUT the rumors out of HD are that a new Ultra is coming out 2010 and it very likey will be liquid cooled because the engines have to meet Euro standards for engine noise by then. The fairing looks frame mounted like the old AMF ultra glides as well and the newer Road Glide.

Also the top trunk opens to the side like a Harley and the bags could simply be Harleys way of making the design more spacious and in keeping with the Venture, Nomad Vision etc.

So my guess is that its the 2010 Harley Ultra liquid cooled bike.:detective:

HD

Everything about that bike says Harley Davidson.

Tank and Tank badge is the HD shield

ghost flames like HD uses

Trunck opens from the side

Air cleaner in in between the 2-V motor

Frt blinkers

white side wall on the E-glide

mirrors are the same shape for years

Only thing missing is the HD big A$$ emblem on the side.

I like it they may have a wiiner there.

Thats the rummor I am starting LOL

Bubber

I just don't see a Harley in the Spy pic. Everything is different - Bags, Fairing....My vote is a new Kawasaki 2000cc Touring Model.

Here is the 2009 Ultra:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Harley-Davidson-Touring-FLHTCUUltraClassicElectraGlidea.jpg

Edited by easttexasrider

If I'm not mistaken, ALL new bikes MUST be liquid cooled by 2010, both in USA and EU. I think it's a Harley. Copying the Venture/Metric Look. Harley already uses some Japanese components. In case the Harley die hards wanna know.

Edited by wild_thing

Although the saddlebags have more of a Kaw Vulcan look, I don't see Kaw putting a V-twin in their new touring bike, considering it will most likely be on a Concours chasis. The hinges on the bags resemble those on the 2nd gen Venture as does the shape of the trunk. But the side hinge on the trunk says HD.

The crash bar on the front looks identical the one on the HD pictured here also, as does the chromed tank console. The antenna looks like the HD antenna. Nothing like what is is on RSV.

I will say that the tank badge might be a new Suzuki Boulavard badge.

But my $$ goes on HD.

Look at the front end! I'm betting on a Kawasaki Touring Bike

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/dantama/1b402ffb.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/dantama/8ec09697.jpg

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/attachments/kawasaki-touring-sport-touring/21036d1215384436-voyager-replacme%20nt-hd-20tour-20prototype.jpg

Edited by easttexasrider

I say we are looking at a 2010 H-D Road Glide. Water cooled with roots in the V-rod motor and experimental luggage. If it is such a critter, I will watch with interest. I want a new bike in 2010. I am hoping for a Venture with a V-Max motor in a package much like this bike. Road Glide fairing with the 2nd Gen luggage.

JB

It will be interesting to find our, for sure. I keep looking at it and notice several things. Some one did point out the reflector on the front fork. Identical to the Vulcan. The turn signals have the same cone shape as Vulcan. The mirrors have the Kaw shape. But I am not really convinced on any bike.

Whoever makes this had to be pretty confident that it would not be recognized easily.

If we knew where in the country the picture was taken, that might help.

• 4 weeks later...
Excuse me if the pic was discussed here before. I hope all is well and you were all safe riding this summer.

I want test your knowledge and solve a puzzle for me by being the first member to identify this bike.

This picture was posted several months ago on the H-D boards and was supposed to be a spy shot of the 09 electra glide. It looks metric to me and does not look like the final H-D that came out a few weeks ago.

I just may not recognize Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki features on a customer's modified bike, but I can't figure out what bike this is. Does anyone recognize this bike or could it be possibly be a spy shot of the long awaited new Kawasaki touring bike???

NOTES: Trunk looks a little like a Venture. Side bags not so much. The rider foot position on the passenger boards could be for comfort or could indicate bad engine heat like the Victory Vision. I do like the handlebar height and the height of the gauges at the top of the fairing. I don't see rear speakers however.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/attachments/kawasaki-touring-sport-touring/21036d1215384436-voyager-replacment-hd-20tour-20prototype.jpg

For those that may not know, It IS a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700. Kaw just released this infor today. It is up on the Kawasaki web page.