IGNORED

Adding Some Light

BuddyRich

Going to go to 5 3/4 headlight for my passing lamps. They should put out a lot of light. Here's some pics of the first one mounted. May have to use one of the light bar spacers to get enough clearance but right now its very close to where it needs to be. Just have to light them up to see if they will tilt back far enough for proper aiming.

Seeing how you just had a birthday and now adding passing lights that big you must being going blind you old Bass Tard!

By the way I am not cross-eyed, I am so cool that I have to wear shades and if you could see under the new and way cool jacket that M just gave me you would see that I am also too SEXY for my shirt.....!!!!!

Oh yeah I am still the same old humble and modest guy I have always been, even with my added handsome of no glasses!:nanner:

Those deflectors come factory stock on a RSV... I took mine off cuz IMO they look cheezy and just clutter up the front end... Besides I have a midnight and it covered up my chrome front end...

On the lights... I'd be surprised if those 5 1/2" sealed beams put out more light than those 4" H-3s and IMO they look too big... Might be a little overkill there Buddy

Going to go to 5 3/4 headlight for my passing lamps. They should put out a lot of light. Here's some pics of the first one mounted. May have to use one of the light bar spacers to get enough clearance but right now its very close to where it needs to be. Just have to light them up to see if they will tilt back far enough for proper aiming.

In most states you are not allowed to have thre (3) head lights on a motorcycle.

Tell them that they are really blinkers and you just want to be seen by the cagers.

Guest HdHtr
Got the lights mounted. They work well for spotting deer,goats,pigs,or bigfoots standing anywhere near the road.

What about mud and horses? Seems you had a problem spotting them things ... and that was in daylight!

Bigfoots? You saw Tom standing on the side of the road? Naw, couldn't of been him, you'd a been blinded by the light reflecting off the top of his head ...

love the new lights:thumbsup: and by the way i see some kind of deflectors on the bottom of the fairing where did you find those at?

Are you talking about the lower fairings? Those are Yamaha parts available through your local Yamaha Stealership or a few online shops...

I'm sure the light would be fabulous. Honestly, I think those look disproportionately big. Maybe if they could be moved down and back a little bit, their size would fit in better. But how would you mount them there. I don't know.

Nawww, maybe if they could be moved to a 3/4 ton pickup, their size would fit better. :rotf:

They look good James, and BTW there are several sport bikes which have 3 and even 4 relatively equal size lights (several models of BMW included) . So at what point they become illegal is not that clear....Personally, I can relate to need for more light up front.

What are y'all tryin to say ??

Bike resembles Dolly Parton ?

:banana: :rotf::rotf:

I actually thought when I first saw them that it looked like Wil-E-Coyote before he was hit in the face with an anvil. You know when there eyes get all big like oh *%$#!

But that said they are different and different is good :thumbsup2:

Now just remove the turn signals, and then install you old running lights that you removed to where you turn signals are and it will look like a B-52 landing...

is there really a BIG difference in the amount of light now at night compared to your old ones?

Couple of videos I made last night using my phone. Now the phone has a crappy picture but you can see just how much brighter these are. Watch the refelectors way off in the distance. The second one is on the back road to the house. The grass and the trees are really lit up on that one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9TSTxoTC7s

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9TSTxoTC7s]YouTube - 3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtYxINUdEBo]YouTube - 3 headlights[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtYxINUdEBo

Edited by BuddyRich