IGNORED

2009 Venturerider International Meet

Scooter

It is still undecided at this time. It will depend somewhat on WHO steps up to the plate and wants to take the lead. These things don't just happen and we need folks who are local to the rally area who can contact campgrounds, hotels, arrange a dinner, etc. AllenH and I were talking about it while in Kitchener and he suggested "The Hub" in Northern Arkansas.

http://www.hubinfo.com/

Anybody close to this area that wants to take on a huge headache?

There is also another possibility but I can't mention it yet because it may fizzle before it even gets off the ground. We'll see though.

Whomever decides to pick up the ball on this one should plan A not work out need only ask for help. There are a few of us that have done this before and would be willing to take on some projects to easy the headaches......any volunteers???

My 2 cents.......

The Hub" located in Marble Falls, Ar., which is in northern Arkansas looks like a neat place, but I think this would interfeer with the annual Eureka Springs rally...both being held in almost the same proximity..

Just my opinion, for what it's worth..:confused24:

Well Im in Texas and thats too far South for our Canadian friends.NE and NW Members also. Maybe one day here but have to be in a cooler time! Too hot in July and August! Tom

Well Im in Texas and thats too far South for our Canadian friends.NE and NW Members also. Maybe one day here but have to be in a cooler time! Too hot in July and August! Tom

Texas would be great for this Canadian, and its central to a lot of ppl, all I gotta do is go south, you guys are a bit closer than Kitchener, lol

Brian:cool10::cool10:

I just joined the website last fall, does anyone have a list of where all the past annual meets have been..?

My vote is for Kentucky..!!!

Well, the International Rallies have been in Fort Collins, Colorado and Kitchener Ontario so far. The whole idea started as Squidley's brain storm to have a rally as close to the middle of the country as possible so that members from both coasts wouldn't have to travel as far to meet. And this would allow for more people to make it to a big rally without having to spend lots of hours just getting too and from the rally. Until last year, there had been rallies either in the western states, that were too far for those in the east to get to, or visa versa.

Texas would be great for this Canadian, and its central to a lot of ppl, all I gotta do is go south, you guys are a bit closer than Kitchener, lol

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Well Brian,Even if we never have one here You all are always Welcome at my place here and the riding is FANTASTIC..I work week on week off so just plan on being here when I am on my off week! Tom

Well Brian,Even if we never have one here You all are always Welcome at my place here and the riding is FANTASTIC..I work week on week off so just plan on being here when I am on my off week! Tom

Ok you just may regret saying that if I show up on your doorstep sometime!! Actually i was thinking of takling a tour late next spring but its too early to tell where I am going, but you may see me around sometime.

youre welcome up here too if youre riding across western canada we are about 7 hours west of Winnipeg or about an 8 hours ride east of Calgary on the transcanada so it makes a great stopover point. (its all prairie scenery so it isnt traditional but Ive heard its a lot like Texas with the agriculture and cattle ranches)

Brian

I just joined the website last fall, does anyone have a list of where all the past annual meets have been..?

It basically has broken down like this

2005's rallys were

Potato Creek in Indiana the 1st rally for this site

Vogel State Park in Blairsville Georgia (Tail of the dragon)

Venture West I in Bakersfield California if I'm not mistaken

Eureka Springs Arkansas

Venture West II in Death Valley, California

Vogel II in Blairsville, Georgia

Venture West III in Susanville, California

Pork in the pines in Bemidji, Minnesota

1st International Venture rally in Ft Collins Colorado

Vogel III in Blairsville, Georgia

Venture East in New Hampshire

Venture in the pines in Bemidji, Minnesota

2nd International Venture rally in Kitchener Ontario Canada

still to come are Venture West IV in California, Ashville in North Carolina, and Venture in the pines II in Bemidji Minnesota.

I think that has been all the official rally get togethers since we started :confused24:

It basically has broken down like this

2005's rallys were

Potato Creek in Indiana the 1st rally for this site

Vogel State Park in Blairsville Georgia (Tail of the dragon)

Venture West I in Bakersfield California if I'm not mistaken

Eureka Springs Arkansas

Venture West II in Death Valley, California

Vogel II in Blairsville, Georgia

Venture West III in Susanville, California

Pork in the pines in Bemidji, Minnesota

1st International Venture rally in Ft Collins Colorado

Vogel III in Blairsville, Georgia

Venture East in New Hampshire

Venture in the pines in Bemidji, Minnesota

2nd International Venture rally in Kitchener Ontario Canada

still to come are Venture West IV in California, Ashville in North Carolina, and Venture in the pines II in Bemidji Minnesota.

I think that has been all the official rally get togethers since we started :confused24:

I'm not real positive when Venture West I in Bakersfield was held, because I didn't go, but I think it was in 2004. VWII in Death Valley was in 2005. VWIII in Susanville,Ca in 2006. Nothing in 2007 because of the International in Ft Collins, Co., and VWIV will be next month, Aug'2008 in San Luis Obispo Ca. I hope I got that right....

My 2 cents.......

The Hub" located in Marble Falls, Ar., which is in northern Arkansas looks like a neat place, but I think this would interfeer with the annual Eureka Springs rally...both being held in almost the same proximity..

Just my opinion, for what it's worth..:confused24:

I wonder if this is actually a problem though. Since we already have some people in that area doing a rally, they could just expand it and make it the International for next year.

I have no problem with Kentucky. We did a MTA rally in Somerset a few years ago and it was great. So, are you volunteering to take the lead? :)

I would also vote for Kentucky. I live in central Kentucky and would love to lead some rides through the gorges and curves and twisties, especially in Eastern Ky., and we have a ton of them. Anytime any of you guys and gals come through this area, give me a shout and I'll take you on a ride or two, if I'm not working.

Eddie

PS

I've just been a member for less than a year and haven't made any of the rallies but hope to before too long.

I know the majority of the members live on the east coast, so send me a T-Shirt and take lots of pics. Unless it's somewhere closer I'll have to live it vicariously thru the group site. Not enough time to travel to and from a rally 2000+ miles away. Maybe we need to start talking about VWV for those folks out west.

I know the majority of the members live on the east coast, so send me a T-Shirt and take lots of pics. Unless it's somewhere closer I'll have to live it vicariously thru the group site. Not enough time to travel to and from a rally 2000+ miles away. Maybe we need to start talking about VWV for those folks out west.

Not sure majority are from the east coast, guess it depends on where east coast starts :rotf:. If you ride like V7 Goose no distance is too far, 700 + miles per day WOW.

Understand what your saying though it is tough to make some of these events due to the distance that is why I am happy to see repeated meets in a particular area. I too watch through pictures for some of the meets down south and in the West

Brad

Brad

Not sure majority are from the east coast, guess it depends on where east coast starts :rotf:.

Well I, for one, have no idea where they got the idea that "Mid-West" is an area that includes Illinois, Iowa etc. How can you call that West. Mid-America maybe. If we divide the country at the geographic center (somewhere in the hinterlands of Kansas) anything east of Kansas is EAST and visa versa. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. :rotf:

Using that logic Kentucky would be the "Mid-East" and Utah, Nevada would be "Mid-West. :rotf:

I'm in the same boat as Condor. Not enough time to ride far for a rally. Heck, I didn't even have enough time to do stuff at the Fort Collins rally and that's where I live!! So, either way, I'm screwed until I retire. :rotf:

Edited by gibvel

I liked the Central/Southern Ohio suggestion in the contest thread! Sure, it would still be eastern US, but there is the West Coast meet as well for our western members. Ohio would be a little cooler that time of the year, centrally located to several states, and lots of members in the area. Maybe Buckeye Performance could set up a display or something.

Well I, for one, have no idea where they got the idea that "Mid-West" is an area that includes Illinois, Iowa etc. How can you call that West. Mid-America maybe. If we divide the country at the geographic center (somewhere in the hinterlands of Kansas) anything east of Kansas is EAST and visa versa. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. :rotf:

Using that logic Kentucky would be the "Mid-East" and Utah, Nevada would be "Mid-West. :rotf:

I'm in the same boat as Condor. Not enough time to ride far for a rally. Heck, I didn't even have enough time to do stuff at the Fort Collins rally and that's where I live!! So, either way, I'm screwed until I retire. :rotf:

I agree the central part of the US is actually around Kansas somewhere. We seem to have the same mistaken ideas going on in Canada as Ontario people (or at least the media) call the area Central Canada, what the heck is that!!! Are they blind or just kinda geographically challenged, heheh.

Brian:2cents: