Most of you know my Dunlop D404 is shot after 4.5-5K on the back of the 84. Last year before our trip to the beach and vogel I installed new Kenda Kruz tires on the 89. after 3000 miles I can say the tires still look like new. Handling and ride is good with no problems. The 89 only gets rode two up while the 84 is my solo machine. I bought the kenda's because the price is right and the rear tire is a 6 ply rating instead of 4 with a load capacity of over 900 lbs. I just ordered a new set for the 84. $145 shipped to the front door.The tread depth on the rear is a very deep design.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/tire-tyre-guide/Kenda-K673Kruz.jpg

Guest ghosst

just a quick reply as to tires ..some of the honda guys are putting michlin car tire on the rear of there 1800s ..they say they are getting huge mileage..dont know much more but it sounds interesting ..:cool10::080402gudl_prv:

• 3 months later...

I finally put on the Kenda Kruz tires.The tires been in the spare bedroom,finally got around to putting them on, I was just too lazy at the time.Real nice tires Really good for what little money I spent on them.Front tire was a breeze putting on,but the rear tire ,man that one was a pain in the rear.Hardest tire I ever put on ,the sidewall on this tire is real stiff I never seen one this hard putting on,had my son helping too.Took almost an hour just putting on the tire.But it sure did pay off.These tires made the Venture a whole new bike as for handling and smooth ride.I took off the Venom dint like the feel of the tires at hwy speeds,any time over 70mph the Venom would walk,but these Kenda Kruz are the way to go.

Thanks Frogman I been looking at these tires for some time but kinda wonder if they were any good since they are so low of $ tire.When I seen that they did so good for you I figured why not.Glad I did I really like these tires.These tires should last me for a while.

Rear tire has 11/32 tread

Front tire has 7/32 tread

Buddy

I put one of the Kendras on the rear of Blue Beast about a week before she went down. It felt good but didn't have time to see what it was going to do.

Ok who sells the Kenda Kruz tires and can you get them in WWW? I just bought another set of Dunlop 404's WWW after getting 11,000 miles out of my stock rear and still good tread on the front one. I could probably get another 2000 out of the rear but want the WWW on before Vogel.

Dog

• 1 month later...

Sorry Frogman,

Had to pull off the Kenda Kruz for the trip to Ark.

The tires do well on the bike but once I hooked up the trailer,the bike went nuts.Could not hold it steady on the road lowered the psi in the rear tire which seemed to help - 32psi, but I could still feel the rearend sway.So I went back with the Elite 2,now I can go 70mph with the trailer with no problems at all so much better.I have to say one thing is the Kenda tire does have a much smoother ride than the Elite 2.

Kenda Kruz are ok for your bike for cruising, but for me they are not made for pulling trailers.

Buddy

Thanks buddy,

I have suspected that deep groove tread pattern may be unstable for towing. There has to be some explanation. I had the same problem with the 89 but the trailer loaded was 600 lbs. I knew it was a first gen or tire problem. I met a electriglide pulling the same trailer coast to coast with no problems.I installed a new Kenda Kruz on the 99 and pulled the kompact kamp trailer 2000 miles this summer no problems. The voyager kit may have added the stability. It would be interesting to talk with a Kenda rep about this. The tires are great otherwise and time will tell about there tread wear mileage.

i pulled my silver trailer up to vogel this year 1080 miles round trip , up to 75 mph. the kendas did great and i pull a over 600 lb. around here up to 55mph. agin great , a dealer mounted and speed bal. mine . the front tire makes a weird sound when locked up at 45mph , kid cut me off , did not have a trl on .

i run 34 lb. in front 37 lb. in rear .

thom

• 11 months later...

After 6000 miles of riding mostly two up on the 89 the Kenda's still look like new. We just towed our compact kamp trailer fully loaded to the Asheville rally. The bike pulled strong and stable. The tongue weight on the trailer was incorrect and I could see the trailer whipping a little but I could not feel this on the bike. I did get some instability when I set my feet out on the highway boards at speeds above 75.We have had these for over two years now and find them a good tire for the money.Not much more then the D404's we had on the 84 that only lasted 5K.

Edited by FROG MAN

• 5 months later...

Nuts! I put the Kendra on my XS11 2 years ago with my sidecar and was amazed at well they wear. Especially the way my sidecar eats through a tire.I thought they were my little secret. Cheap and wear like iron. Oh well i guess the secrets out now.

I'm running a set of Kenda Kruz tires. Have a bout 1000 miles on them so far. They seem nice, no problems to report. I think I got them from Chapperall Motor sports. If you buy 2 tires you get free shipping. My total was $140.00 for both shipped:thumbsup:

Friend's 88 Std. wanders terrible with the Kruz's, front and rear. Not safe at all over 60mph. We put a Dunlop Elite II on the front from a 2nd 88 and most of the wandering went away. He's going to Avon's this week.

We have adjusted all the bearings, read all the posts, spent many hours trying to figure out what was wrong, changed air pressure in tires and suspension, has a Super Brace, reset clamps, axles, triple trees, checked bearings for wear. It was OK before the Kruz's went on.

More if the Avon's fixes the wander, was so bad he almost lost it 3 times going over a well paved mountain road.

sounds like he got a bad tire, i would return it if it was a new one from a dealer....

Friend's 88 Std. wanders terrible with the Kruz's, front and rear. Not safe at all over 60mph. We put a Dunlop Elite II on the front from a 2nd 88 and most of the wandering went away. He's going to Avon's this week.

We have adjusted all the bearings, read all the posts, spent many hours trying to figure out what was wrong, changed air pressure in tires and suspension, has a Super Brace, reset clamps, axles, triple trees, checked bearings for wear. It was OK before the Kruz's went on.

More if the Avon's fixes the wander, was so bad he almost lost it 3 times going over a well paved mountain road.

• 1 month later...

got the Kendas mounted and have put ~50 miles on them. They are nice and smooth, no noise, no wandering, shaking etc. Do well in the curves too. I am VERY pleased! The only thing I dont like about them is the fugly tread pattern, but I can live with that.

Can anyone comment on how they do on a wet road?