IGNORED

*Medical Update on Bongobob*

Guest JGorom

Guest JGorom

Yesterday morning around 7 AM I tried to call Bob to see how he was doing. At that time there was no answer. After I got to work I telephoned my wife and asked her to call Becky (Bob's wife) to see if everything was ok. A relative answered the phone and informed my wife that Bob went to the hospital early yesterday morning around 4 AM at which time he was to have some toes on his foot amputated as the infection in his foot that he has been battling took a turn for the worse. Evidently the doctor never told Bob not to eat breakfast before he came in...he did...and so the surgery got postponed to later yesterday afternoon. My wife and I were planning on going down to his house after work today but when I got into work they changed my schedule from 8 to 4 pm to noon to 10 pm. Bob is at ECMC which stands for the Erie County Medical Center. I am sure he would love some cards and well wishes. If I can find his home address I will paste it here so you can send a card. In the meantime...I'm sure posting here would be great as well.

Ok...here is Bob and Becky's home address...lets flood them both with our prayers...some posts here...and get some cards in the mail so that when he returns he has something to cheer him up.

Robert & Rebecca Scharf

52 Aristo Terrace

Arcade, NY 14009-9205

Just got off the phone with Becky...Bob had his surgery yesterday afternoon at 5 pm...surgery was done at 6 pm...doctor had to remove one toe (initially they thought maybe two)...he should be discharged and coming home this Monday if all continues to go well. My wife and I are going down to his house after church Sunday to put in their air conditioners so that will be one less thing they have to worry about. He currently is in room 703 and there is no telephone in his room.

I told Becky to make up a to do list of other things that need to be done around the house and I would try to solicit some help from here to come to their home next Saturday June 14th to help in getting things done. She said there is not much to do...but come on guys...many hands will make for light work...so please consider this request. We can get the job done then maybe chip in for some pizza and wings and hang out with Bob and Becky to keep him in good spirits. I figure we could get there between 9 am and 10 am...and have all the work done by noon, 1 at the latest...and then have the rest of the day to hang out and enjoy one another.

Please post here if you can come...Becky says there wll not be a lot to do...but lets get it done and have a party for and with Bob and Becky.

Edited by JGorom

I've thought about that this could happen when Bob wrote somewhere alse his Foot is getting worse. Please give him a big Hug from me and and i'll keep him in my Thoughts.

Would love to be there and help out, but the Distance is pretty a long Distance.

Tell Bob this is not the way to get out of doing his honey do's:no-no-no:.

Thanks for the up date. And yes I too wish we were closer I would be over and help as much as I could. Let us know how Bob is really doing since he is hard headed at times, If you know what I mean.

Tell Becky to get some rest and we will be Praying for Bob not to be so hard headed next time:whistling:.

Also let him know we are here if they need us. And we Love him much much.

Ron & Peggy

Bob,

Get it together, my friend. There are a lot of us pulling for you and your bride that all will be well and that you will be up and around soon to enjoy that Venture.

Bill Darling

Poledar

"Former NY'er and former NYS Director of the Venture Touring Society"

May God keep His hand on you and give you blessed fast healing!:bighug:

Guest JGorom

Wife and I spent the afternoon at Bob's today putting in three air conditioners so that Becky will have some comfort the next few days and so Bob will have a nice comfortable place to come home to once they release him.

Bob is progressing very well at the moment and I got a chance to talk to him a few times today to have him direct my work efforts in his home. He is in good spirits and it might help him if some of you gave him a call. The telephone number in his room is (716) 898-1154...so pick up the phone and give him a call to say hello.

On another subject...I told Becky I would try to stir up some help to come down to their home this Saturday to try and help them out while he is laid up. I've mentioned this earlier and so far no one has volunteered to help. I know many of you are far away but some of you have been to Bob and Becky's home and been the recipient's of their hospitatility. So please help if you can...it would mean a lot to both of them...and they are the type of people who would not hesitate to help anyone who was close by.

I'm asking anyone that can come this Saturday to please do so...Becky assures me that her to do list is not going to be long...but many hands will make short work of what needs to be done. Please respond here if you are able and willing to come. I've already mentioned that if we plan to get there between say 9:30 and 10 AM we can get the work done early and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. I was hoping to make this as easy for them as we can, so I am suggesting that we simply chip in for pizza and wings for lunch.

Hoping that hearts will be open to this plea.

Sincerely,

James & Alice Gorom

Edited by JGorom

Ive been extremely busy latly and so haven't been getting on the site much, so I wasn't aware that of this situation. I met Bob Becky twice, once at Maracarls last year and once since when he stopped by my place of work here in burlington on his way to Kitchener to give me some parts to help get my bike back together. I Found them very easy people to like and so I feel bad for what he is going through.

I hope he recovers quickly and is soon back on his feet and scoot. Hope to see them both again soon.:bighug:

Bob and Becky, wishing you the best from south Carolina. I too hope that your injuries won't get in the way of your bike ridin. If it does....sounds like a good reason too get a trike! Wish I could be of some help but I'm on the road till 6-13 . Hoping you have a swift recovery. Will try to call ya monday morn.:080402gudl_prv: