IGNORED

Is this what retirement is like?

saddlebum

So because my Dr considers me as a high risk of not recovering from Covid should I catch it, due to my age (67 in June) and medical History, plus add to the fact that I work for a truck dealership repairing trucks that cross borders as well as State and Provincial lines and the fact that drivers live in their trucks, My Dr has insisted I stay home, so I have been home since March 22.

Well all I can say is if this is what retirement is like I need to go back to work and get some rest. I am totally exhausted by the end of the day from all the projects and odd jobs, my lovely wife is forcing me to complete. So what if some of them go back as far as 1986, whats the hurry I don't get it :confused24:

On top of that she is not the only slave driver:backinmyday: My dog Rio :178: seems to think this means I now get to walk him 5 or 6 times a day. :sign isnt that spec,:bang head:

No sympathy from either one of them for a not so young guy with bad knees :fiddle:

Edited by saddlebum

I hear ya since the stay at home order my dogs have been so far up my butt I can use them for toilet paper and I had to go to work yesterday for a couple of hours and by the way they acted when I came home you would have thought I was gone for months. I hate to think what they will do to the house when I go back full time.

If you want a change of scenery and somewhere to work....my gardens could use some cleaning, windows on the house could use a "spring cleaning"...

And afterwards (with nice weather) we can go for a ride to Carl's and see what work you can do there for him.

You don't even have to pay me.

icon6.png

If you want a change of scenery and somewhere to work....my gardens could use some cleaning, windows on the house could use a "spring cleaning"...

And afterwards (with nice weather) we can go for a ride to Carl's and see what work you can do there for him.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/icons/icon6.png

Your not helping :thumbdown:

Ben:

I have been retired for 10 years now and the answer to your question is.......get on your bike with your camping gear and say "SEE YA" to the wife and disappear for a few days. As the Puckster says, CTFW. That's what I do. I have found that "The Boss" appreciates me more when I return. I have finally (after 10 years) found that she now asks for me to do projects around the house instead of just handing me a "honey do list" and says JUST DO IT !!!

Jim

PS.....You can tell her you have lost the honey do list, right after you throw it in the trash.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/icons/icon6.png

Wow Don,,, you're only a super tailgunner,, you also be a smart feller. I am really liking that idea about attending at Carl's,,, got a list ready already of tools that you should bring.

I've been retired for a few years now, so any help I can get to manage my list is much appreciated. What day was it that you have planned? I'll be sure to leave the list hanging on the shop door and I will be gone far enough away to keep the social from distancing.

And ohhh, the beer case is in the shop, just to the right of the door, lots of empty spaces for more bottles.

Wow Don,,, you're only a super tailgunner,, you also be a smart feller. I am really liking that idea about attending at Carl's,,, got a list ready already of tools that you should bring.

I've been retired for a few years now, so any help I can get to manage my list is much appreciated. What day was it that you have planned? I'll be sure to leave the list hanging on the shop door and I will be gone far enough away to keep the social from distancing.

And ohhh, the beer case is in the shop, just to the right of the door, lots of empty spaces for more bottles.

Don XV1100SE you are a ....:witch_brew:

Hi Ben,

I have been retired for 8 years. From a woman's point of view, I still do all the things that I did when I worked at my job and probably more. We have no slave driver here at our house. I learned many years ago that Moped goes the opposite direction if I harass him about anything.

So what I do, is I start to do whatever needs to be done on my own. Moped is a perfectionist, so he cannot possibly deal with the way I am doing the project, such as landscaping so he starts to take over.

At this point I go on a walk or go in the house to do what I want to do.

So you see retirement can work if you know how to work it !

You will be fine my friend. Develop a problem with your hearing is another possibility too.

Tell Rio I would walk him if I lived closer.

Yama Mama

I wish I still had my wife to tell me what to do over the last 8 years... Consider yourselves very lucky to have someone that keeps you motivated and headed in the right direction... :-) I think I'll go grab a beer now and try to find something to do...:beer:

Hi Ben,

I have been retired for 8 years. From a woman's point of view, I still do all the things that I did when I worked at my job and probably more. We have no slave driver here at our house. I learned many years ago that Moped goes the opposite direction if I harass him about anything.

So what I do, is I start to do whatever needs to be done on my own. Moped is a perfectionist, so he cannot possibly deal with the way I am doing the project, such as landscaping so he starts to take over.

At this point I go on a walk or go in the house to do what I want to do.

So you see retirement can work if you know how to work it !

You will be fine my friend. Develop a problem with your hearing is another possibility too.

Tell Rio I would walk him if I lived closer.

Yama Mama

Well I am definitely not showing this post to my wife :backinmyday:----She comes up with enough ways to trick me as it is ---:bang head:

As far as Rio goes he will go for a walk anytime, with anyone, as often as you can keep up and then some :178:

I wish I still had my wife to tell me what to do over the last 8 years... Consider yourselves very lucky to have someone that keeps you motivated and headed in the right direction... :-) I think I'll go grab a beer now and try to find something to do...:beer:

Hart Felt!!!

Man never falls out of Love from the woman that shaped us.