IGNORED

Server Update

Freebird

Here is the thing folks. Before moving to our new hosting company, I spent HOURS researching, talking to others who host VBulletin forums, etc. I narrowed it down to 3 companies and then chose the one that I THOUGHT would be the best for our needs. I spend many hours over a two or three night period moving our entire site to the new server.

It is not working out. :( Sometimes I just want to sit down and cry but I don't think that is becoming for a grown man.

To make a long story short...I will be moving us again. Probably within the next few hours. I have once again secured a new server and am waiting for it to be setup as I type this. I will then migrate our site to the new server and will then change the nameservers again to point to the new IP address.

What does this mean? Other than a lot of work, it means that from the time the new server is setup and then I do a backup of the current files and database and then move and configure them on the new server, we again lose posts that are made in that span of time of me backing up the old one, moving to the new one and then changing the nameservers.

All I can say is that I am very sorry. I tried very hard to do my homework and make sure it would be a good move for us. It's just not working out.

Don everybody knows how hard you are working on this, dont beat yourself up. I hate to see you lose another weekend getting the server up and running, but I realize you are the kinda guy who cant rest till its straightened out. Hope its a smooth change over,Just think in a few weeks it will be a nice sunny sat. afternoon and you can relax with 100 or so of your closest friends:doh: Craig

Don't worry about it Don. You did what you thought was best at the time, and you're doing the right thing now by cutting your losses early. I know some people would waste a lot of time and money before admitting that they made a mistake. That's why your our leader!:smash2:

Thanks...what I really want to do is RIDE. :) All I have to do this weekend is get this site moved and working properly, cut the 4 acre yard and finish rebuilding the front porch railings. Just too busy right now. Believe it or not, the bike hasn't been out of the garage YET this year. :( I also have two new tires sitting in the garage but haven't had time to get them mounted.

Thanks...what I really want to do is RIDE. :) All I have to do this weekend is get this site moved and working properly, cut the 4 acre yard and finish rebuilding the front porch railings. Just too busy right now. Believe it or not, the bike hasn't been out of the garage YET this year. :( I also have two new tires sitting in the garage but haven't had time to get them mounted.

Don't worry. mainteinance day is comming....:rotf::rotf:

You'll get nothing but patience and thanks from me. I about jumped in front of a bus after working at getting my gallery set up on my server. I would think a forum would be quite a bit more of a chore.

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

You'll get nothing but patience and thanks from me. I about jumped in front of a bus after working at getting my gallery set up on my server. I would think a forum would be quite a bit more of a chore.

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

:sign yeah that: :fingers crossed:

Take it easy Don we will survive. My bike is sitting in the drive with the cartbs off, plastic not fixed and no brakes. Tires are in Skid's garage. And work just keeps demanding. Starting to forget what riding is like. Offered me chance to retire. Big pay cut but....

Don, I think should postpone this till after the weekend.....

Mow the lawn ( think we can get a few people over to take pics, if lawnmower goes swimming) & put some miles on the scoot, if the existing tires are safe enough. Then maybe, tackle the other jobs at home.

We should be able to survive a few days, with a slow server. Get some R & R...............

Don, I think should postpone this till after the weekend.....

Mow the lawn ( think we can get a few people over to take pics, if lawnmower goes swimming) & put some miles on the scoot, if the existing tires are safe enough. Then maybe, tackle the other jobs at home.

We should be able to survive a few days, with a slow server. Get some R & R...............

I sincerely second Rocket's Statement

Hey Don you know we aren't worried. You don't have to wear yourself out. We can get your tires on at maintenance day, heck we can even help out with the railing if you want. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to hear you got out for a bit of a ride. We'll make due till you get around to it. If I lived closer I'd help you out with the lawn, and I promise I wouldn't put the mower in your pond. (I'd leave that to you.) :rotf::rotf:

So here's a big hug to help you get through the day.

:bighug:

Margaret

Sorry it didn't work out boss......but at least you caught it earlybefore bigger problems come out. And if ANYONE complains about the site being slow or not working to their liking, send them to me.............I'LL learn 'em.

:Avatars_Gee_George:

Hey Don, I Just got a brand new ZTR.. I can come over and mow

for you ! :whistling: , I am still trying to get use to it. vers. my rider.

But it has cut my mow time in HALF now

(still looks like I am drunk trying to learn it still)*lol*

Take a break and ride a bit.. this server is working now.

(let it be for now)

Just wait and relax a bit Bro!

Jeff

Yard is half mowed, porch rails are half built, site is half moved.

Once again Don, we are brothers on this thing. Forks are half done, frame is half ready, DINNER is done, work is never ending........

GO TAKE A RIDE!!!!!!!

At least you have that ability, all I can do is watch out my garage door while everybody rides by!!!!!!!

Dan

I feel for ya Don, but you know what they say?? If you like to play tennis....don't become a tennis pro....

Yard is half mowed, porch rails are half built, site is half moved.

That's great news Don now you're half done and it's only friday night. Think you can get one tire on tonight before bedtime?

Don't wear yourself out, Oh did you mow close to the pond yet? :whistling:

Margaret