IGNORED

When that which is old is New again

luvmy40

So, I'll be starting a new job in 2 weeks.

About 17 years ago I quit a job I loved. I had many hats with this company. I was a field coordinator. I was a service technician. I was an installation manager. I was a design engineer. I was a salesman. I was an R&D consultant.

I also spent nearly 300 days of the year on the road. My kids were very young then and I was missing out on all the things that make being a parent wonderful, so I quit the best job I ever had. I never regretted that decision.

Yesterday the president of that company called me and asked me to consider coming back and taking up the reigns in my old position again. I thought about it for about 2 seconds before responding with a "Hell Yes!"

AutoZone has been good to me. I have truly enjoyed working there. It was never supposed to be a career, just a pastime and a way to get out of my shop for a few days a week. When the bottom dropped out of the Holster business, AZ was good enough to let me go full time, but it is definitely not a career position for me. So I gave them my two weeks notice today and will embark on a "new" career path in two weeks.

Hopefully I will still be able to make the MD get together at Don's place this season!

There is no doubt things have changed since I left. I started there 21 years ago with little experience in their specialty, which is precision temperature, humidity, CO2 and lighting controlled environments. It quickly became a passion for me.

I was crushed when I was told a system that I helped develop was being phased out for a different manufacturers product. Now I get a chance to be a part of the new system. It really means a lot to me that they thought I could be of help.

I know there will be a vast learning curve after my long hiatus, but I am optimistic as the passion is still there and I am far from an "old dog" yet.

So, I'll be starting a new job in 2 weeks.

About 17 years ago I quit a job I loved. I had many hats with this company. I was a field coordinator. I was a service technician. I was an installation manager. I was a design engineer. I was a salesman. I was an R&D consultant.

I also spent nearly 300 days of the year on the road. My kids were very young then and I was missing out on all the things that make being a parent wonderful, so I quit the best job I ever had. I never regretted that decision.

Yesterday the president of that company called me and asked me to consider coming back and taking up the reigns in my old position again. I thought about it for about 2 seconds before responding with a "Hell Yes!"

AutoZone has been good to me. I have truly enjoyed working there. It was never supposed to be a career, just a pastime and a way to get out of my shop for a few days a week. When the bottom dropped out of the Holster business, AZ was good enough to let me go full time, but it is definitely not a career position for me. So I gave them my two weeks notice today and will embark on a "new" career path in two weeks.

Hopefully I will still be able to make the MD get together at Don's place this season!

Well hell yes! I love hearing stories like these! A little Sunday Motivation for me! Good luck on continuing your career!:amen:

Congrats on the new job. On a side note I was digging in the storage room yesterday and found that backrest. The business got swamped with orders last year to the point of forgetting many things including that. Send me an address if you still want it and I'll get a shipping quote. I also have the original passenger armrests if you need them.