IGNORED

Guess where I am?

videoarizona

Took the RSV up to Phoenix last week. It will sit up there so I can enjoy the Spring... mountain and desert runs from that area. Found out my clutch is slipping in 5th if I hit it hard. So next week, I'll get with Earl, skydoc_17 , and order a clutch kit from him.

20190125_160432.jpg

Then I came back to Tucson....and came across this....

20190119_123712.jpg

What is it???

Scroll down....

It's a 2-6-0 steam locomotive...from the early 1900's....

20190119_123641_006_01.jpg

Boy, not very comfortable to sit in...just a pad on a metal bench!

But oh so much fun to read the history...

http://tucsonhistoricdepot.org/?page_id=277

That's it for me for now. We leave in morning for a week at Lake Patagonia State Park to camp, hike, drink and eat...with the Lake Pleasant Sailing Club...RV division! Our third outing with the Coleman CTU-249RB LOL!

See youse guys and gals in a week...unless I can get some WIFI at the lake...then I'll try to send pics...

David

Edited by videoarizona
puctuation

I was going to say it's the pwer plant for Yamaha's next gen Venture! :crackup:

Now THAT is a good one Kretz!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl: Literally had me cry laughin brother!!

What the heck,, went back to the early 1900's,, may as well go wayyyyyyyyyyy back :happy65:

Took the RSV up to Phoenix last week. It will sit up there so I can enjoy the Spring... mountain and desert runs from that area. Found out my clutch is slipping in 5th if I hit it hard. So next week, I'll get with Earl, skydoc_17 , and order a clutch kit from him.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115399

Then I came back to Tucson....and came across this....

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115400

What is it???

Scroll down....

It's a 2-6-0 steam locomotive...from the early 1900's....

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115401

Boy, not very comfortable to sit in...just a pad on a metal bench!

But oh so much fun to read the history...

http://tucsonhistoricdepot.org/?page_id=277

That's it for me for now. We leave in morning for a week at Lake Patagonia State Park to camp, hike, drink and eat...with the Lake Pleasant Sailing Club...RV division! Our third outing with the Coleman CTU-249RB LOL!

See youse guys and gals in a week...unless I can get some WIFI at the lake...then I'll try to send pics...

David

OUTSTANDING BROTHER!! Hope you have a GREAT trip (you deserve it!!) out there!! Sorry to hear about the clutch but hey,, LOOK WHAT YOU PUT THAT POOR THING THRU :dancefool::dancefool::hurts::Laugh: All the best on the repairs!!

As far as the Locomotor,, unlike these other superior intellengent lop eared varmints and being an old Boiler Maker I was gonna guess a boiler.. I guess I was sorta kinda right cause those Locos were all about steam and that is what a boiler is all about...:thumbsup2:

Hey VAz,, you look down right natural sitting there at those controls!:Laugh: GREAT PICS!!

When I was a kid I looked out my bedroom window onto the Reading RailRoad Outer Station across from the "Swinging Bridge" it was always a thrill when an old steam locomotive came in. Steam and smoke everywhere.

Great memories, Thanks!

Craig

When I was a kid I looked out my bedroom window onto the Reading RailRoad Outer Station across from the "Swinging Bridge" it was always a thrill when an old steam locomotive came in. Steam and smoke everywhere.

Great memories, Thanks!

Craig

I use to OWN Reading Railroad!! I loved playing Monopoly:big-grin-emoticon:!!

Now THAT is a good one Kretz!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl: Literally had me cry laughin brother!!

What the heck,, went back to the early 1900's,, may as well go wayyyyyyyyyyy back :happy65:

Glad I was able to repay some of the laughs you've given us Puc! :banana:

When I was a kid I used to sit on the back wall of our street house yard & watch the steam trains go by.

We lived four or five houses up from the main Darlington - Stockton railway line (First public railway 1825) in the UK. It had expanded by then of course but unfortunately in the '50's already steam trains were starting to disappear.

Before I looked at your post VAZ I said to myself "JAIL". Since I know you associate with one scoundrill named Cowpuc, a known gunfighter around these parts, who also has a way of associating good folk with cur coyotes with broken ear cartilage. After reading the post I feel that the locomotor gives substance to my original thoughts. The locomotor pulled trains of cars which were destructive to the broken ear cartilage sub-canine. I rest my case, you are both scoundrills...and possibly descendants of Troglodytes. :witch_brew::stirthepot:

:farmer:

Before I looked at your post VAZ I said to myself "JAIL". Since I know you associate with one scoundrill named Cowpuc, a known gunfighter around these parts, who also has a way of associating good folk with cur coyotes with broken ear cartilage. After reading the post I feel that the locomotor gives substance to my original thoughts. The locomotor pulled trains of cars which were destructive to the broken ear cartilage sub-canine. I rest my case, you are both scoundrills...and possibly descendants of Troglodytes. :witch_brew::stirthepot:

:farmer:

Takes one to know one and moment by moment it appears that YOU have a pretty good start at knowing em all ya lop eared sneaky varmint Sly!! :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::moon:

Takes one to know one and moment by moment it appears that YOU have a pretty good start at knowing em all ya lop eared sneaky varmint Sly!! :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::moon:

See, that is what I posted about. Scoundrills associating good "God Fearing" folk with sub-canine adjectives. I feel it is time for a posse to be formed to round up these scoundrills and bring them to justice. And I am now characterized as "sneaky". What a low way to deal with one's adversaries. They are just sneaky.

:farmer: A God Fearing good folk.

Just thought I would add this to the steam engine information. The Union Pacific Rail Road is just completing a complete rebuild of a 4-8-8-4 Big Boy and will have it back on the rail and under steam May 2019. This is one of the largest steam engines ever produced. Here is a link to the site with more information about it.

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/4014/index.htm

Rick F.

Edited by cimmer

Here's a link that some of you steam buffs may be interested in.

I saw the Sir Nigel Gresley, Mallard & The Flying Scotsman in Steam at York Station many years ago. It was the last time all three ran together.

A speed record of 126 mph seems pretty tame nowadays! Times move on!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2354692/Mallard-surviving-sister-locomotives-come-celebrate-75th-anniversary-speed-record.html