IGNORED

OLD WEST GUN FREEK ALERT!!!!! I grew up ahhh dreamin,, of bein a Cowboy...

cowpuc

Well I have other pistols but this is one of my favorites. I love the .22 because you can shoot it for hours without breaking the bank. Fun plinking.

These Rugers aren't authentic western I don't suppose but they are great guns and one of my favorites. I have the .22 and the .22 magnum cylinders for it.

When I was looking, the Ruger 22 combo was my first choice, but I just couldn't justify $600 they bring at auction... in blue. Almost damn retail.. They're very popular. Yours is the first stainless I've seen besides the pics on their website. Great leather too.. So I settled for the Navy Arms to scratch the itch.... :-)

That's one nice looking pistol & you have some great friends! Where do I get me one of those?

There are some really nice 22 "cowboy style" pistols out there, & that is certainly one I'm going to look at. Thanks for posting!

Must admit I'm leaning more & more towards 22's. I know some say they're "not real guns" but I'm getting older, have some neck & shoulder problems & these things can provide just as much fun, & for me that's what it's all about. The ammo is a lot cheaper than anything else too. Anyway, with the way our Gov't is headed that's all we'll be able to shoot soon (if at all) :(

Hope it provides many hours of enjoyment for you!

Yes! But a lot harder to hit as more cans get emptied! LOL :beer:

Thanks...don't know where it was purchased as it was a gift. But this is a favorite place of guys I know...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

It varies. Great deals when you catch it on sale. There are even cheaper places but Cabela's sells CCI Blazer 500 bulk for $24.99

Guess they are around the same price here by time you factor in exchange rate. Last time I bought CCI mini-mags they cost me $32 on sale normally around $36.

Well I have other pistols but this is one of my favorites. I love the .22 because you can shoot it for hours without breaking the bank. Fun plinking.

These Rugers aren't authentic western I don't suppose but they are great guns and one of my favorites. I have the .22 and the .22 magnum cylinders for it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111997 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111998

BEAUUUTIFULL Bossman!!!! Just GORGEOUS!!!! When I was a kid I believe it was Western Auto here locally that sold a similar interchangeable 22/22mag revolver - plain jane stuff but I always LOVED em!!! Buddy had the Ruger = good shooters!!

Always wanted one of those Don and right deal just ain't happened at right time!! I have a 10 shot Mark ll that is hard to beat. It shoots great and I can burn some ammo with it!!!

RIGHT THERE WITH YA DAN!!! Gotta a Mark 1 that I bought brand new back in the early 70's for 80 bucks.. Have shot THOUSANDS of rounds thru it.. Even hand cut a scope mount for it out of a block of aluminum = talk about accurate and fun.. You ever try sub sonics in yours?? I use to shoot with some Cops (friend was Chief of Police) and found out about slowing down the 22LR for accuracy = WOWZY WOW WOW WOW does that work!! You know those "flyers" you can get as the barrel gets hot? NONE with subsonics!!

Thanks...don't know where it was purchased as it was a gift. But this is a favorite place of guys I know...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

:scared:,,, thumbing thru their site brother - NICE!!! Prices even lower than Gunbroker on lots of stuff!!! Thinking about picking up a 92f or maybe a Taurus 92 9mm.. 15 cents per round 9mm - LOVE my 1911 but .25 cents everytime it goes bang,,,,, loses something in the translation so to speak :missingtooth:

THANK YOU for the link VAz!!!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111997 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111998

Man, is that nice! That rod just looks great!

Do you use whirly bird targets? That the best kick for my .22 long rifle.

I like my not so little Ruger Mark II with the 10" target barrel. It will place shots right in there at 100 yards. Can shoot all day and the heat does not bother its accuracy. The extractor is completely worn out, only way to get a round out of the chamber is to drop the mag and fire it, or use a cleaning rod to push it out. gonna have to order a new one one of these days. Lots of squirrels regretted peeking their head around the corner of a tree to see what was going on.

I've had my Ruger for a while. Can't remember where I picked it up but reading Puc's & Flying Fool's posts I wasn't sure if it was a Mark II ( like I assumed) or a Mark I so I got it out and looked!! It is NEITHER!!! I think I was told Mark II somewhere along the line and had never read the fine print on it!!! It is a

RUGER 22 cal. Long Rifle AUTOMATIC PISTOL Not worth as much as Mark II or I ?? 10 shot and shoots great. I had just never looked!!

Edited by Yammer Dan

I've had my Ruger for a while. Can't remember where I picked it up but reading Puc's & Flying Fool's posts I wasn't sure if it was a Mark II ( like I assumed) or a Mark I so I got it out and looked!! It is NEITHER!!! I think I was told Mark II somewhere along the line and had never read the fine print on it!!! It is a

RUGER 22 cal. Long Rifle AUTOMATIC PISTOL Not worth as much as Mark II or I ?? 10 shot and shoots great. I had just never looked!!

The designation usually comes from a model change and isn't actually written on the gun. Well sometimes they'll give it a dash + mk after the serial number, but with a 10 round mag yours is a 1. If it has the better trigger it's a 2.

I'm probably the odd one here. My favorite .22 is also a Ruger Blackhawk like Don's EXCEPT it has a blue finish & the Bisley grip frame. It's a perfect match to my .44 Mag Blackhawk. Both fit my hand like a glove and are more accurate than these old eyes can see. I'll see if I have a pic of it /them later.

Larry

I'm probably the odd one here. My favorite .22 is also a Ruger Blackhawk like Don's EXCEPT it has a blue finish & the Bisley grip frame. It's a perfect match to my .44 Mag Blackhawk. Both fit my hand like a glove and are more accurate than these old eyes can see. I'll see if I have a pic of it /them later.

Larry

Not so odd... Here's my Bisley 44-40. Goes with my Win '92 44-40... :-)

Bisley.1 (Medium).jpg

JW.6.jpg

No, I have one of those little steel targets that you shoot to spin them up and shoot again to reset them. I really prefer just shooting at cans and plastic bottles though.

Another possible target can be in the form of retired bowling pins. I went into a bowling alley on the advise of someone else, and asked if they had any retired, or broken pins on the premises. They said, yes...and I offered to buy them at a great price. Took them home, and they made great targets. Also, a great stand for pinning a paper target to. So, the next time you go bowling, ask them if they have any in the back room, that they want to get rid of. Who knows? :)

Here's my MK1 DanL'... If you look carefully at Fools MK2 you will notice that it has a barrel release button on it to bring the action to battery above the left grip and it also has the safety behind that.. If you look closely above my pointer finger in the pics and notice no barrel release button like Fools = the MK1's used the safety as a barrel release and only had the safety lever on them...

You guys ever shoot low velocity ammo in your Rugers?? Really accurate stuff.. I hand made a set of scope mounts for mine (see pic) years ago,, hand filed the dove tails = ugly as all get out and really primative but WOWZY they worked GREAT!!! I used to have a 3x9 rifle scope mounted on it (I know,, no eye relief - still FUN though = .22 dont kick enough to embed the scope into your eye like 7 mag will so shooting a hand gun off a bench = no problemo.. Anyway,,, 100 yard groups at 2 inches!!!!! A RIOT!!!!

Good, cheap fun,,,= back when a brick of 22 shells was 7 bucks that is :scared:

DSCN6192.JPG

DSCN6190.JPG

DSCN6188.JPG

DSCN6189.JPG

DSCN6213.JPG

DSCN6212.JPG

DSCN6214.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

I may have to make me a set of those scope mounts and slap a scope on mine to see just what it can do. Mine does not like the subsonic rounds, I have tried them. Now the Eley 22 Long Rifle Pistol Ammo it really likes which is just a tad faster than the subs but real expensive. I wonder if mine does better with the full LR rounds because of the longer barrel length and the barrel being a heavy target barrel. But then for some reason my gun really hates the Remington 22LR ammo. lots of jams, misfires and no accuracy.