IGNORED

Looking for opinion

Well that's no help lol. Neither run... So load on trailer will be no fun....

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

It says both have "good running engines, just need carbs cleaned" so maybe they can be started to get onto trailer but not suitable for on road?

Neither of those bikes are 84's. If the white one is original paint, it is an '88. Other one is newer also. Both have the '86 and later bags and trunk.

What I thought to when I seen the lights in front.. Which would mean I would have the 2nd gear fix for mine if engine does trully run. If he has title to the one wouldn't be a bad deal I dont guess granted the Title matches the bike. He said one of the bikes the plastics are in bad shape on the fairing, which is about the same as mine. It is a wonder how mine stay in place...

I have found my next project probably need like a whole in the head but I would like to how much I have learned. I bought mine running and riding for 50 more... So I'm thinking 800 to 1000.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/d/yamaha-venture-royale-pair/6444561568.html

I would bring those home if they were in my area.

I would bring those home if they were in my area.
What I am thinking but today my daughter has music therapy; today and tomorrow is supposed to rain. I have his number I need to find out what the title says on it. If it says 84 then there is no way...

What I am thinking but today my daughter has music therapy; today and tomorrow is supposed to rain. I have his number I need to find out what the title says on it. If it says 84 then there is no way...

Yes, up to '84 had hydraulic anti dives. Those are electric. Everyone with a non running bike says "just needs carbs cleaned" . both TCI's probably shot which gets you spending $250 or so on the Ignitek ignition. If the title bike motor turns and has good compression (if they let you test) and electrics seem to work, and it doesn't look beat to death (mileage?) Maybe worth $600 for pair.. I pulled one of those motors alone and it was a bear. I would not want to be swapping motors. When my second gear goes I'm gonna ride it that way.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Yes, up to '84 had hydraulic anti dives. Those are electric. Everyone with a non running bike says "just needs carbs cleaned" . both TCI's probably shot which gets you spending $250 or so on the Ignitek ignition. If the title bike motor turns and has good compression (if they let you test) and electrics seem to work, and it doesn't look beat to death (mileage?) Maybe worth $600 for pair.. I pulled one of those motors alone and it was a bear. I would not want to be swapping motors. When my second gear goes I'm gonna ride it that way.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with the guy and I am not quite sure, both fairings are broke. I have a buddy who does plastics work maybe just spend the money for my plumb crazy purple paint job on tinker... Yesterday I added speakers to the trunk... they are a little big to say the least, I was thinking the small 3 way boxes. These set at least 12 inches high with speaker being about 8 inches wide and deep and at least 12 inches high. But they are laid over in there brackets.... the guy has been up front and honest about everything told me he bought them from a friend. He has never thrown a battery in them to see what is there.... I have spark gap tester and cables no reason why I cant turn them both over to see if there getting spark. They both have sat for years. guy says he owes 850 on the one before he can get title. I have to have something to bring across state line to show proof so I can get this ODD done If I can get lights to work I can get it inspected and save a few bux there if not then that means I will pay 12.00 for Odd and another 12.00 for inspection and in Joplin vehicles have to be tagged... or they get towed... I just dont know if there is a way to title the one bike in Missouri within 15 days so Joplin wont tow it....

A vehicle without a title has essentially no value beyond the parts, this assumes it's not stolen in which case it could be quite a liability. On the titled one you have to trust him to pay off the lien and then send you the title. Seems like there is a lot of room for this to go sideways and you could end up with two bikes with no titles if the seller just fails to cooperate after he has the money in his hand.

Two old bikes, neither run very well, one without title, broken plastics and who knows what else you will need to do to get one road worthy. Even then you already have a decent Venture... I would go about half of what he's asking, but I'm cheap and already have a Venture. The $1200 he's asking definitely feels lofty to me. If both bikes had clean clear titles I would still keep it south of $1000 unless one were road worthy, or close.

:2cents:

You could always let them steep for awhile on CL. The longer they sit there they more willing to deal he should be. How much he owes on one of them should not influence what your willing to pay but if his bottom dollar stays at $850 I would pass on them.

If you could see them in person and do a little inspection and determine that some of the harder to find/resellable parts are good then you might be able to make your money back in parts and still have some stuff leftover, but... but if you get them home and start tearing into them to find they are mostly junk then you may be out a few bones. One/both may even have the 2nd gear issue, without a ride it's impossible to tell for sure but these look like they have been flogged pretty good. After doing mine and reading stories of others here I realize that making one roadworthy from a state of disrepair can rapidly spiral out of control, especially if you have to go into the carbs and/or replace plastics.

From those pics they look like they have endured considerable abuse and neglect. Dunno man, I try to think of everything in terms of risk/expense verses benefit/return. My gut says this would be a notable investment of time/money with a strong possibility of very minimal return. I'm thinking half of his asking is pretty generous on your part and would probably allow you to recover most/all of your investment, any more than that and it seems like you may be taking a chance. For me to bite down it has to not only be a fair deal, but a pretty darn good one.

Which is the one with a title.

There are ways to get a title for bike that have no title. Do some research, it involves titling it in a different state where all you need is a bill of sale and they will give you a title, it is then simple to transfer that title to your home state. Costs a few bux and time, but gets the job done

According to the VIN tags one is an 88 and one is a 85. The 85 could still have the 2nd gear issue.

@Prairiehammer will love these pics.

Which is the one with a title.

There are ways to get a title for bike that have no title. Do some research, it involves titling it in a different state where all you need is a bill of sale and they will give you a title, it is then simple to transfer that title to your home state. Costs a few bux and time, but gets the job done

According to the VIN tags one is an 88 and one is a 85. The 85 could still have the 2nd gear issue.

@Prairiehammer will love these pics.

Yeah and 11/85 means 86 at least on cars they do. I just can't go into them too much hassle and I guess I'm cheap because after seeing pictures when I got home I would only go maybe 600.

One/both may even have the 2nd gear issue, without a ride it's impossible to tell for sure but these look like they have been flogged pretty good. After doing mine and reading stories of others here I realize that making one roadworthy from a state of disrepair can rapidly spiral out of control, especially if you have to go into the carbs and/or replace plastics.
The bikes are Mk II's so no second gear issues. The rest of it is spot on.