IGNORED

MAG Group bankruptcy

Jayceesfolly

Has anyone seen any new info on this bankruptcy? They own J & P cycles, Kuryakyn, Vance & Hines as well as Motorcycle Superstore online store.

Anyone have trouble ordering anything on line from these companies? The Motorcycle superstore website says they are merging with the J & P website but this article doesn't mention that just the bankruptcy filing.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/11/16/mag-owner-multiple-motorsports-brands-files-chapter-11-300-mil-debt/

Jim

I have not seen anything myself, but the same subject came up over on the GL1800 riders forum. The word over there is they have filed for bankruptcy protection so they can reorganize, hope it all works out, if not there are is going to be a big hole in the aftermarket accessory market.

I thought J&P was still family owned. I had noticed lately that most of my Motorcycle Super Store stuff had a J&P logo and stuff with it. This looks to be a pretty bad deal. Like Steve said man this will cause a huge hole in aftermarket parts. They will surely have to cut some of these companies that double up on the same stuff out. I can see Tucker Rocky staying as the ADV cycle market seems to be one of the strongest. Kury will probably live on. But you have to wonder about Roland Sands and some of the other fluff brands included in the group.

Time marches on... It's happened before and it'll happen again... I was involved with the General Recreation bankruptcy in '75. There were about six company's under their logo.. Just read this morning that Remington Arms is a gnats a$$ away from filing chapter 13... It's the American Way..

Time marches on... It's happened before and it'll happen again... I was involved with the General Recreation bankruptcy in '75. There were about six company's under their logo.. Just read this morning that Remington Arms is a gnats a$$ away from filing chapter 13... It's the American Way..

Could this be from them and all of the firearm companies having to lawyer up? I'd be willing to bet some lawsuit or another comes knocking on their door regularly.:bang head:

Could this be from them and all of the firearm companies having to lawyer up? I'd be willing to bet some lawsuit or another comes knocking on their door regularly.:bang head:

I think their bigger issue is the best gun salesman in history retired this past January.

I really hate to see this. It generally means a lot of people will be hurt. And I don't mean just consumers.

Mike

I know what you mean. My brother-in-law lost his job of about 24 years after Con-agra shut them down ater buying them months earlier. He took quite awhile to find another one. But not before it took him to a funk for months.

The times are changing, I read an business article a few weeks back. It turns out most on line retailers loose money!! Those that do make a profit, its very small. Many retailers see it as a necessary adjunct to their brick and mortar stores. Those big retailers that invested to heavily in their gamble for online supremacy at the expense of their retail real locations are on the skids (Sears and Macys) while those that just use the web as an adjunct and don't give merchandise away to compete with EBay (Walmart Home depot and Jc penny) have climbed back into profitability rather quickly after the last economic slow down. We will probably see more of the ONLINE only outlets start to close up on us. This really affects older bikes and cars and any one into esoteric items (Russian ammo, Electronics). I'm already ordering two or three items from the UK because there is no longer a US based online outlet.