IGNORED

I mention how much I HATE DOPE!!!

Yammer Dan

Young lady we knew in Georgia was found gone from OD this morning. Man I hate that stuff. Got a son trying out the Meth path and have no idea what to do. Its the one thing I preached to them. DON"T DO DOPE!!! Got me scared to death waiting for that call. This was the son I bragged about for years. 5 kids and had it going for him til that ugly thing raised its head. Why would anyone do that. His family is gone and I'm not sure where he is. Getting cold out there. Just had to vent a little. Things have really turned upside down the last year or so. Golden years my a**!!!

I hate the stuff myself, I know some consider the Herb dope too.... but know its benefits, don't believe it should be like Colorado.... The other stuff...... I am only in my 30's and have watched friends widdle away, lost a few to OD... Gone too soon gone way to soon, but causes you to pause a moment to and realize never know when its your time. I don't know what I would do if my son started messing with the bad stuff.... I just pray he never does. Still in back of my mind tho. I have also watched friends go thru the agony of losing there family and once that happened no longer cared and probably living under a bridge or cave somewhere rather have that fix then deal with what needs delt with rather Hide behind the Drugs.... all we can do is pray it gets better...

Young lady we knew in Georgia was found gone from OD this morning. Man I hate that stuff. Got a son trying out the Meth path and have no idea what to do. Its the one thing I preached to them. DON"T DO DOPE!!! Got me scared to death waiting for that call. This was the son I bragged about for years. 5 kids and had it going for him til that ugly thing raised its head. Why would anyone do that. His family is gone and I'm not sure where he is. Getting cold out there. Just had to vent a little. Things have really turned upside down the last year or so. Golden years my a**!!!

I understand Dan. I hate it too. Lost my youngest son 15 years ago due to the crap. He was a user murdered in a drug deal gone bad. He was a great kid until someone got him to take a puff on a joint. It was all down hill after that. I spent a ton of money in rehabs and once he was clean he was great again for about 2 months and then back into it. I learned there's not a damn thing we can do for them. They have to make that decision themselves.. And most importantly...it ain't our fault. It does effect the family. Mine also had 5 kids. We... and now I... are raising two of the granddaughters. One from the time she was 3 months old, and the other since she turned 4. They're now 19 and 22 respectively, and they're still living at home... Damn Economy!! Not as easy getting out on their own like it was when we were kids.... DAMN I HATE THAT CRAP!!!

So much of this going around, one of my sons has gotten caught up in the hard drugs and has been in and out of jail and cant seem to get a grip on things.

It got to the point where it was time to walk away and let whats going to happen happen and hope for a good out come.

Dan I hope and pray for your son to over come it and be the person he was.

I know what I would like to do with the ones making and selling this stuff, But then I most likely wouldn't be here where I am at.

Orlin

You and me Orlin. The bunch he is hanging with now have stolen from me several times. I keep telling myself that couldn't happen but am watching closer. I don't classify Pot as hard drugs but I've heard a thousand stories. "How did you get started?" "Well I was smoking pot" I know some can handle it and some can't. Probally not a great subject for this site. But Damn I HATE DRUGS!!

Right there with you Dan...understand and empathize. The wife and I are raising our two grandkids ages 14 & 11. Their dad, (wife's son) is too wrapped up with weed to care, and the kid's mom is a meth addict, don't even know where she lives, or hangs out, or whatever she does. Living on the street last we heard. We drove 12 hours, picked up the kids, and brought them home with us 6 years ago after the mom set the house on fire.

Damn shame, too many questions without any answers. So many lives wasted and lost because of drugs, so many people and families affected by one family member getting hooked on that crap.

Best of luck to you and family. All I can say is hang in there, trust and believe in yourself, do what you know is the right thing to do. God bless...

Ron

I just don't understand how anything could have a hook like that. I had a little trouble with alcohol when I was younger. Didn't like one drink just wanted to keep going til I fell down. (be quiet Squid) But didn't have any trouble putting it aside when I needed to. What could make you want anything that much??? I just don't understand how anything could bring you down that far. And it seems weed can be a "When I want to" with most although I have seen the bad side of that in my work. There are those that can't do it. Gotta stay smoked out of their mind all the time and it usually leads to something a little stronger. My son has a very bad backthey won't operate on for some reason. He got hooked on Pain Pills with it and just stood up and said "That's enough of that and threw them away. But his back puts him completely down at times and this Idiot he hangs with now convinced him "Take a hit of this Meth and you won't hurt. I ought to shoot the S.O.B. Of course he denies all this.

I'm with you Dan. Lost my home, nearly everything important to me and a wife of 26 years because of her 3 drug addicted A-holes (my step A-holes).

Started with a little herb that lead to harder drugs including meth and beyond.

Doesn't seem to be anyone that this crap hasn't affected in some way.

Be strong, be tough, stand firm.

Wish you the best.

One of my nieces who is in her early 50's is an addict as well as her son and daughter and ex-husband who happens to be a retired parole officer. Multiple rehabs that they always quit. The family is getting tired of helping them. Her son is trying hard to straighten out. He married a woman whom he met in rehab and they are trying together. I'm hoping for the best for them but there isn't much that can be done.

Dan,

I'm so sorry to hear about the lady you knew in Georgia, and that you're are going through this with your son. I will certainly include you in my daily prayers. My heart hurts for you. Sometimes, all we can do is love them, and pray for them. As mentioned by several, it is all up to the addict. However, as so many of us know, that is so hard to do.

I too hate drugs, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, the whole mess of stuff that human beings think they need to have to make themselves feel better. It's all fools gold. I was raised with addicts. My dad was a severe alcoholic, addicted to tobacco and cigarettes, and died a horrible death from it 18 years ago at 61 years of age. My grandfather (my dads father) was a drug addict and alcoholic, and died from lung cancer at the age of 47 due to his addiction to tobacco and smoking cigarettes. My mom smoked and drank the whole time I was being raised, and she has finally stopped smoking, but has had to rehab twice from her addiction to alcohol. My oldest brother has an addiction to alcohol and marijuana, and is now serving a 30 year sentence in the state pen for being one of the largest marijuana dealers in the area. My next to oldest brother, even as I'm typing this message, is dying of bone cancer, and lung cancer, brought on by his long addiction to cigarettes, and tobacco. My uncle, my moms brother, who I love like a brother, has an addiction to marijuana that he has never been able to shake. My sister Michelle, who I miss beyond words, is in the grave, and left 2 beautiful children because of her addiction to meth.

I'm not going to say much more, because I have a very short fuse for addicts. Being an addict is portraying the ultimate in selfishness. They think only about themselves, with no regard of what it is doing to others around them who love them. They are allowing themselves to be fooled into the notion that they have to have meth, pot, alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco, whatever the vice may be, to cope with life. Well, that simply isn't what we've been created and put on this earth for.

Big Lenny

All I have to say to all the replies is the fact I have noticed Tobacco being in there. I wanted something to get away from the stress in life when I was a teenager just trying to fit in somewhere. I tell you I have drank, smoked weed and tried stupid things when I was drunk. I will say this The Cigarettes was the hardest thing I have gave up, I have been tobacco free since March 10th I tell you there is some nights dealing with the things I have to deal with on a daily basis, that would make the pope light up. I am not going to lie I still crave them to the point I break out in a sweat which I find as crazy as it comes. I have heard from people giving up cigarettes was harder then giving up heroin. I would not know never tried the stuff, But a friend of mine constantly told me she craved meth all the time. Chased a few from her house with Crowbar and a lighter... Lighter was replica of 1911 i think that was it or was it a colt, dont know it was life like enuff them people didn't come back she was able to stay 10 yrs clean before she passed away of some blood disease. Friend of hers and mine Od'd 2 yrs after she passed. early 30s is way TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!!

WOWZY DanL', another extremely difficult situation to say the least.. Just want you and your family to know that it will be Prayers Up here for you and yours. I know when ever I have faced lifes hardships and curve balls it seems like things did not start looking up until I humbled myself by "looking up" and then put the word out asking for prayers, which is exactly what you have done here. Personally brother, I think you are on the right track with this thread and TOTALLY support your request my friend!! Indeed, PRAYERS UP!!

Your ol buddy

Puc

I wish these cigarette cravings would go into hiding indefinitely... My mouth taste like an ash tray.... So sick of it rearing its ugly head I sure hope it gets easier!!! Sheesh 8 months you would think they would be gone or almost neal!!!!

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I wish these cigarette cravings would go into hiding indefinitely... My mouth taste like an ash tray.... So sick of it rearing its ugly head I sure hope it gets easier!!! Sheesh 8 months you would think they would be gone or almost neal!!!!

I used to be a 3 pack a day man back in the late 80's when I was on the road selling. Quit cold turkey in '89, and the craving lasted about two years. I also beat my chest to a pulp the first couple of months. Every time I'd get on the freeway I'd reach for a cigarette and kick back. I musta stunk to high heaven when I walked into a customers store and didn't know it. So there's two habits. One's physical, like sucking your thumb, and the other is the nicotine addiction. That's why it's so damn hard to break the habit. Now if someone opens a pack of smokes within 25 feet I can smell it... And... I have absolutely no desire to even try to light up any longer. Cigarette smoke takes my breath away. Literally. I feel sorry for those who are still addicted. First thing they have to do after a meal is run outside for a smoke. They can't even wait until the bill is paid when dining out. I used to be like that. NO MAS!! Another thing... who in the 'H' can afford to smoke any longer. The last time I heard here in CA cigs are going for 5$-7$ bucks a pack. Lemme see?? 3 packs a day @ $5/pack = $15.00. 7 days a week = $105.00. 52 weeks a year = $5460. :mo money: CARRUMBA!!

For the next 10 yrs there will be times you will want one. Throw away all you have done for that One?? I hope not but it happens every day.

For the next 10 yrs there will be times you will want one. Throw away all you have done for that One?? I hope not but it happens every day.
I can't afford the cigarettes that I would even think about paying $5.00 a pack for.... And actually while I was at gas station getting gas Marlboro reds were $5.89 a pack... My gf still smokes the Cheyenne and those are almost $3.00 a pack... She has to smoke outside as many land lords have went to not allowing things like smoking, kids, or pets... Some even have limits on number of occupants...

I will also add between @cowpuc description of collapsed lung still make a me sick and not want to light up... Well combo of that and guy getting his teeth pulled on a commercial and the fact cigarettes for Exeter brand went up 24 cents a pack was no longer worth smoking.. Just wished the gf would quit save us another $150 a month..

Im going to resist the burning compulsion to try and educate/dispell the mountain of misinformation and misconception surrounding MJ, even within this thread. As a nurse I must strongly urge readers to research the positives and therapeutic uses before grouping it with highly addictive and non-therapeutic drugs like meth. Used appropriately it is a HUGE asset for many with difficult diagnosis, not kidding here folks, its not at all the same thing. I am truly excited about where MJ is going within the medical community and how nervous big pharma is about this whole thing.

As for meth, there is information on treatment and recovery. Its worth a consult with a physician that specializes in addiction medicine or a support group that im not sure if I can name here. Dont give up on him, I remember how priceless family support was when I needed to stop drinking, it was dark times. Meth is a tough one but people can and do get better, it can be done. Im pulling for your son and family.

Im going to resist the burning compulsion to try and educate/dispell the mountain of misinformation and misconception surrounding MJ, even within this thread. I know all about it!! And I would never try to stand in the way of the good it can do. Enough to make up for the Bad its done?? I don't have that answer. I do know that handling Convicts in Max Security for 20 yrs I've heard the stories from the Worse of the Worse. Well over 50 per cent of those stories started with POT!!! Looking for the next high. A lot of folk ( I know some good ones) can handle the weed with never any problems. But the Scum it has produced make me want to stay as far away as possible. I HATE DOPE!!!

@CaseyJ955 I only used weed after told to try a joint or so a week by a Dr who was studying it. At that time I could not and would not till my migraine headaches got so bad and I couldn't afford immotrex at the time was new and was over $600 for 9 pills! So I gave in after I lost my job due to my headaches. I tell you something I was elated because I had been taught all the negatives... Till this day I only tried stupid Crap while drinking the heavy stuff... The 10 foot tall and bullet proof effect. I am still strongly against MJ for recreational use I do not believe that is what god put it here for...

@CaseyJ955 I only used weed after told to try a joint or so a week by a Dr who was studying it. At that time I could not and would not till my migraine headaches got so bad and I couldn't afford immotrex at the time was new and was over $600 for 9 pills! So I gave in after I lost my job due to my headaches. I tell you something I was elated because I had been taught all the negatives... Till this day I only tried stupid Crap while drinking the heavy stuff... The 10 foot tall and bullet proof effect. I am still strongly against MJ for recreational use I do not believe that is what god put it here for...

I have no comment or issues with responsible recreational MJ use, same precautions should be used as with alcohol. Potential for abuse is there but . We are finding that it is very effective for quite a few things so there is no doubt its not going away, on the contrary it holds a great deal of promise. Its hard not to take a look when its so much cheaper, more effective and with significantly less SE than some indicated meds for some Dx. Im afraid im not sure how it would help the OP. Meth is physically and powerfully addictive unlike MJ.

Im unaware of any way to help someone suffering with addiction until they want help, with the possible exception of involuntary commitment to a Tx/detox program under the supervision of a physician specializing in treating addiction. All options should be considered. The right physician should know the programs, resources and laws in their locality, IMHO its worth a chat with one to get more info. I have heard great things about the support group for (maybe cant say the name here) family of folks suffering addiction. It sure cant hurt.