IGNORED

2001 Venture - Mk 2 - parts help

Stuie56

Hi all, I'm located in Melbourne, Australia and am new to the world of Venture owners having recently purchased a damaged bike that I intend to use myself. Unfortunately I am having some issues trying to locate some parts for the repairs. Now I have most of the items needed to get mobile however one part in particular has eluded me and I now seek your help. I am chasing (in any condition) the LHS lower cowling (Yamaha part no. 4XY-2835J-01-Tl) ...it is the fairing that surrounds the radiator. The one I my bike sustained the impact around where the crash guard is located and I didn't get any part of it when I purchased the bike. The RHS is intact ... I dont care if I get the LHS off another model that is not quite right or even if it is damaged and needs to be plastic welded back together but I would appreciate any help that can help get me sorted and get mobile. Most of my mates here ride big Harleys and I have kept the Venture project a secret from them only planning to reveal once it is completed. Thanks in advance. There are a number of other bits and pieces that I also need however this LHS fairing is causing the most grief. Cheers Stu

Hi Stu and a healthy :welcome1::group cheers: to VR!!

Concerning the parts you are looking for,,, I think what you are referring to are parts for a Gen 2 (not a MK2 = if I am correct you may be ending up not being able to find parts because searching for parts for a 2001 MK2 Venture will yeild nothing cause they dont exist - unless I am wrong)..

I know there are numerous motorcycle salvage yards here in the U.S. who part bikes out and I am almost positive that you could locate those parts with just a few inquiries therein..

The last one I dealt with was a few years ago and it is located in a place called Rancho Cordova California.. They were able to supply me with everything I needed for one of my 1983 MK1 Ventures that needed help while out touring the country here.. I would be more than happy to contact them and see if they have what you are looking for if it would help? Or,, I can easily get you a phone number on them because I still have one of their stickers pasted on the side of my bike..

Puc

Hi Stu and a healthy :welcome1::group cheers: to VR!!

Concerning the parts you are looking for,,, I think what you are referring to are parts for a Gen 2 (not a MK2 = if I am correct you may be ending up not being able to find parts because searching for parts for a 2001 MK2 Venture will yeild nothing cause they dont exist - unless I am wrong)..

I know there are numerous motorcycle salvage yards here in the U.S. who part bikes out and I am almost positive that you could locate those parts with just a few inquiries therein..

The last one I dealt with was a few years ago and it is located in a place called Rancho Cordova California.. They were able to supply me with everything I needed for one of my 1983 MK1 Ventures that needed help while out touring the country here.. I would be more than happy to contact them and see if they have what you are looking for if it would help? Or,, I can easily get you a phone number on them because I still have one of their stickers pasted on the side of my bike..

Puc

Hi Puc,

Thank you for getting back to me...you are absolutely right in that it is a 2001 Gen 2 Venture ...if you are able to provide me with any information or contacts that can assist me that would be appreciated. Even if it is a phone number and a name I can try them. Thanks again....Stu

Have you tried Ebay? Pinwall cycles usually has them.

Yes, I have had a response from Pinwall and they seem to have plenty of earlier model ones 1983-1993 and RHS not left.

I will respond to them again and just keep trying I guess.

Thank you for your response though much appreciated.

Greetings Stu and welcome aboard.

If the salvage company Puc pointed out will not have what you need then you should check eBay on regular basis. About a three years ago I needed both lower fairings for a MM 2000 model Venture. Took me three months to find them on eBay - got one with the right color and one blue. The blue one was brand new and the one with the right color was used but in excellent shape. Got both for a total of somewhere around 300 US$. Just be patient if you go the eBay route - they will turn up for sale eventually. Just be careful not to buy seriously banged up ones. Try to get some in good shape - my experience is that the price different is minimal between bad ones and good ones. My experience with Pinwall is that they are pretty pricey on used parts and they are often in bad shape. Have burned myself a couple of times shopping with them but have also gotten very nice parts from them. So be picky before deciding on a purchase.

Wish you luck and will shoot you a Private Message if I see one available on the web.

Greetings Stu and welcome aboard.

If the salvage company Puc pointed out will not have what you need then you should check eBay on regular basis. About a three years ago I needed both lower fairings for a MM 2000 model Venture. Took me three months to find them on eBay - got one with the right color and one blue. The blue one was brand new and the one with the right color was used but in excellent shape. Got both for a total of somewhere around 300 US$. Just be patient if you go the eBay route - they will turn up for sale eventually. Just be careful not to buy seriously banged up ones. Try to get some in good shape - my experience is that the price different is minimal between bad ones and good ones. My experience with Pinwall is that they are pretty pricey on used parts and they are often in bad shape. Have burned myself a couple of times shopping with them but have also gotten very nice parts from them. So be picky before deciding on a purchase.

Wish you luck and will shoot you a Private Message if I see one available on the web.

Thanks for the response...and for keeping an eye out for us...much appreciated.

i have several if not most parts needed for 1999-2013 royal star ventures and tour deluxe. your welcome to E-MAIL me with your request.

Mike

H Mike, thank you for you response I will send you an email and a couple of pics so you know exactly what I am talkng about...but I think you do already.

I checked out your work on your website...very nice.

Cheers, Stuart

Hi all, thank you so much to all that have replied to my original call out for parts. The good people on this site were able to set me straight on a few matters - the main one being that my Gen 2 is actually a 1999 model (not 2001) which made a difference in the parts world. Now that I have got that settled if anyone knows of a fuel tank in good condition for that year...I would be happy to hear from them. failing that I will be getting the tank fixed on the one I have...but would need to buy the tank decal (pin strip) if someone knows anyone that can supply these decals then would appreciate pointing me in the right direction. Cheers Stu

I believe that there are others available that would fit, but not be an exact color match.

2C9-2835J-00-P0 should fit. Metallic black rather than whatever black the midnight used.

:sign yeah that: Aren't all of the body parts the same on all Gen 2's from 2001 on except for color?

By the way I might be interested in a LHS lower fairing for the. 2007 Midnight Venture but could paint one that's a different color, if anyone has one laying around I good shape.

:sign yeah that: Aren't all of the body parts the same on all Gen 2's from 2001 on except for color?

By the way I might be interested in a LHS lower fairing for the. 2007 Midnight Venture but could paint one that's a different color, if anyone has one laying around I good shape.

yes all of the parts from a 1999 to a 2013 venture will interchange as can be seen in a video made by a member here @ditchdoctor that purchased a bike from me that was made from at least one piece of every year of 2nd gen venture.

and yes i have more parts if you wish to e-mail me at address below.

i am in the process of making another venture and tour deluxe at the moment.

ride safe

Hi all, I'm located in Melbourne, Australia and am new to the world of Venture owners having recently purchased a damaged bike that I intend to use myself. Unfortunately I am having some issues trying to locate some parts for the repairs. Now I have most of the items needed to get mobile however one part in particular has eluded me and I now seek your help. I am chasing (in any condition) the LHS lower cowling (Yamaha part no. 4XY-2835J-01-Tl) ...it is the fairing that surrounds the radiator. The one I my bike sustained the impact around where the crash guard is located and I didn't get any part of it when I purchased the bike. The RHS is intact ... I dont care if I get the LHS off another model that is not quite right or even if it is damaged and needs to be plastic welded back together but I would appreciate any help that can help get me sorted and get mobile. Most of my mates here ride big Harleys and I have kept the Venture project a secret from them only planning to reveal once it is completed. Thanks in advance. There are a number of other bits and pieces that I also need however this LHS fairing is causing the most grief. Cheers Stu
Hi Stu. I guess you bought that wrecked 99RSV that was on ebay in Victoria. I am in Brisbane and have the same model 99RSV. Interested in seeing how the rebuild comes along. Here is my 99.2f74b6fc4dd6a066947ec394505ab230.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Stu. I guess you bought that wrecked 99RSV that was on ebay in Victoria. I am in Brisbane and have the same model 99RSV. Interested in seeing how the rebuild comes along. Here is my 99.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/2f74b6fc4dd6a066947ec394505ab230.jpg

Nice. Yep I bought the damaged 99...am still chasing up some parts but getting there. Wont make real progress for another 5 - 6 weeks while I wait for parts to arrive.

Special thanks to the Diamond Cut Guy (Mike)...who reached out on this site and has been real supportive in helping me source various parts. Would in a world of pain without his help.

Do keep in touch I was unaware of these bikes until I saw this Venture on EBay. Something different (to a Harley) and are looking forward to getting it all sorted. Feel free to drop me an email at stu.green@hotmail.com and I will definitely keep you updated with the progress. Cheers Stu

Nice. Yep I bought the damaged 99...am still chasing up some parts but getting there. Wont make real progress for another 5 - 6 weeks while I wait for parts to arrive.

Special thanks to the Diamond Cut Guy (Mike)...who reached out on this site and has been real supportive in helping me source various parts. Would in a world of pain without his help.

Do keep in touch I was unaware of these bikes until I saw this Venture on EBay. Something different (to a Harley) and are looking forward to getting it all sorted. Feel free to drop me an email at stu.green@hotmail.com and I will definitely keep you updated with the progress. Cheers Stu

The Royal Stars are not well known here in Australia. I also couldn't remember hearing of them until a bloke at work who has ridden Harleys for over 20yrs was telling me about The Royal Star Venture he nearly bought. That sparked my interest and now I have two of them. Traded my 08 XJR1300 in for the 99RSV and later picked up my 98RSTD for a bargain. I have been having a ball making them my own.

• 3 weeks later...
The Royal Stars are not well known here in Australia. I also couldn't remember hearing of them until a bloke at work who has ridden Harleys for over 20yrs was telling me about The Royal Star Venture he nearly bought. That sparked my interest and now I have two of them. Traded my 08 XJR1300 in for the 99RSV and later picked up my 98RSTD for a bargain. I have been having a ball making them my own.

Hi Davin, I got a message from Mike (The Diamond Cut Guy) wo has helped me out with some parts and posting them to Australia for me. A top bloke who has gone out of his way to assist me get the bits I needed. I have started pulling tghings down on the bike now and are discovering a few issues (as expected) along the way. Nothing that time and $$$ wont fix...though like all these type of projects they end up costing much more than first thought. Will definitely keep you posted on the progress. Plan on riding it to Brizzy...to visit a mate once completed (first quarter 2018) so will let you know when. Cheers Stu

Hi Davin, I got a message from Mike (The Diamond Cut Guy) wo has helped me out with some parts and posting them to Australia for me. A top bloke who has gone out of his way to assist me get the bits I needed. I have started pulling tghings down on the bike now and are discovering a few issues (as expected) along the way. Nothing that time and $$$ wont fix...though like all these type of projects they end up costing much more than first thought. Will definitely keep you posted on the progress. Plan on riding it to Brizzy...to visit a mate once completed (first quarter 2018) so will let you know when. Cheers Stu

Thats great Stu.

When you do get to ride your venture up this way my mate Dave and I would be keen to meet up for a ride. fd2ddf7a39d19a0fea4c31db587c4fcf.jpg

I get the desire to save $$ with used parts, but when I wrecked my lower right fairing, I ended up getting one brand new from boats.net . Not sure if they'll ship to Oz, but if not, maybe someone here could help out. The one I bought was even color matched, so no paint hassle.

Look here:

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2001/VENTURE%20-%20XVZ1300TFN/COWLING%202/parts.html