IGNORED

What is this plug??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's the power source for either your muffler bearings or for the high speed wobbly washer thingy.

Actually I'm not sure but maybe it's for an accessory that your bike doesn't have on it. Can you think of an accessory or option that may have been avaialble on some bikes?

brad.

that is the female half, of an electrical connection!

it isn't used by first gen riders. it was put there by yamaha, so that a special module could be plugged in at a later date.

this module cuts the horse power in half, so that ex-2nd gen riders wouldn't be traumatized by the shear power and SPEED that these old bikes can develop!

lol:confused24::confused24:

actually, i guess we'll have to wain on squeeze!.

i ain't got a clue.

just jt

There is a brown and white lead for turn signal / flasher unit that has white marks

The horn has a brown lead but does not have any white marks

Front & rear brake lights have a brown lead, but does not have any white marks)

There is a brown lead for the neutral indicator light but does not have any white marks

I can't say anything on this Issue. My Bike has other colored(white/natural Plastic) and shaped(Spades are parallel) Connectors for the Speaker and i don't remember seing any green Connector on my Bike.

From the Place the Connector sits on the Frame and Wiring Harness, i'd say this isn't right for Speaker Connector.

Brad, U outta know better than to ask a serious question around here. We ain't notin but a bunch of Smart-a@@s.

Now you got a bunch of responses on where to stick that plug though. :doh:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Well at least nobody told you it was the right rear blinker..

I just came home from my Garage. I dismounted the left Blinker and found the Wires Colors as stated above, leading to the left Speaker. But the Connector is white and, like i said above the Blades are parallel.

Mine is white too, but in the shape that squid showed in the pics. So, maybe a repair was previously done, with what was available....

First is first: What are you doing with a first gen????

Those connectors can be used for: Speakers, Turn lights, or even coil connections.

The green color is the one on those connectors that I don't remember.

But it seems to be turn light for me. May be I'm wroing

Regards,

Carlos

PD: Let me know if I need to open mine to compare.

:080402gudl_prv:

I'm not even sure that it was connected to anything. It is the same style as the speaker connection, but the pigtail is so short and next to the wire harness that it doesn't reach anything in that area. I thought it might be to the noise suppressor for the sterio, but it's really too short to reach anything that makes any amount of sense.

I'll give it a bit longer, and thank you for living up to the smart asses that I expect you to be. This place is like an old shoe...sometimes smelly, but is a good fit. Thanks all for trying to help me out, specially you Owl, it's not often I get a serious answer out of you

:)

Thanks too Carlos for your offer to check yours out, I'll let you know