IGNORED

Any thought on seats with tan leather?

roadwarrior

I was visiting a shop that specializes in custom Motorcyle and vintage car seats.I have a pearl 2006 RSTD and ask his opionon about recovering my saddle with tan leather.He thought it would look great but warned me that most all bikes other than custom choppers have black seats and it may effect the resale value.I have seen RSV's with the tan leather and personally like the way they looked.Any thoughts regarding breaking the norm or pics of bike with the tan leather saddles?

Well it really depends on the color scheme of the bike. Some colors look better with tan seats. Others are just ugly. If you plan to sell the bike in a few years, you can always pick up an other set of seats to recover and keep the stocks seats for resale.

I had mine recovered from black to light gray. Didn't want to go sit on a seat after it had been sittin in the Texas Sun on a hot summer day. Best thing I did. It looks good and is not so hot after it sits in a parking lot for a while. But like most thing its a matter of what U thinks looks good.

I think the RSV or TD's look great with alternate color seats. I made my seat from the original pan, used heavy and light veg-tan leather, engraved the seat with graphics and made it 2 tone. I love it. Of course it was a labor of love and my own breation so I am a bit biased here.

I think the RSV or TD's look great with alternate color seats. I made my seat from the original pan, used heavy and light veg-tan leather, engraved the seat with graphics and made it 2 tone. I love it. Of course it was a labor of love and my own breation so I am a bit biased here.

Damn nice seat, I really like it.

I was visiting a shop that specializes in custom Motorcyle and vintage car seats.I have a pearl 2006 RSTD and ask his opionon about recovering my saddle with tan leather.He thought it would look great but warned me that most all bikes other than custom choppers have black seats and it may effect the resale value.I have seen RSV's with the tan leather and personally like the way they looked.Any thoughts regarding breaking the norm or pics of bike with the tan leather saddles?

My gold '83 has a custom tan leather seat made by a local leather guru. Looks great and sits very comfortable. The only thing is I have to treat it just like a horse saddle and use Farnam's Leather New on it about every couple of months. Most folks that have seen it think it looks great....

Here is my 83 with the Tan seat off my 84 Blondie... I have had negatives and positives said about it.. Personally I dont care what they think - its my bike so na na dee na na,,,,, I like it better then black or I would put the black back on...

That guy is full of it on resale value. If you're really worried about it, get a spare seat to keep around. Put whatever seat on there you like.

Wow, words, that seat is gorgeous. I'll show that to my wife. She'll love it. She wants a white bike with a tan seat like that.

Yes, the Millennium model Venture is white with a tan seat. The white/tan seat version of the earlier Royal Stars is called a Palomino, after the horse, I suppose, and the seat is tan to resemble a horse's saddle.

Gud'ay mate,

I had tan croc skin seats on my 2004. Great look. Then I opted for white snakeskin (Pattern) love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More piccies in the gallery.

Stay upright.:cool10:

Twiss,

Thats an awesome seat!! Great work.

• 1 year later...