IGNORED

Update on what I have been restoring

Eck

It has been a while since I posted here. Just thought I would share what I was working on with those of you who may be interested in where I have been or what I have been up to.

Back in March I purchased a 1978 Safari MT300 Turbo moped that was sitting outside for quite some time. When I saw it, I was sickened to see this rare vintage bike just rotting away as you can see in the 1st picture attached below. This picture was taken where it was sitting on the day I purchased it. As you can see the bike was pretty well roached...

Since then, I have rebuilt the engine with new piston & rings, bearings, seals and gaskets including rebuilding the carb & choke. Every nut, bolt and washer has been removed and polished and is ready for re-installation. One can see the all the work involved as the attached pictures are being viewed.

Take note of my home made hoisting system. I attached a spare spoke wheel to the garage ceiling and then used a rope tied to the frame of the bike and to my avalanche. I pull down on the rope and the bike goes up. I slowly release the rope and the bike is lowered.. lol.. It worked great for what I needed..:biker:

0215171527b.jpg

HPIM4333.jpg

HPIM4334.jpg

HPIM4337.jpg

Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

I am planning on keeping this one for at least a month or so just to look at, but then I will either sell it or donate it to Cyclemos Motorcycle Museum like I did my last restore. I know I will never get out of it what I put into it. I have been keeping a detailed list on everything I bought for it or paid to have done like powder coating, seat recovering, honing the head cylinder out, exhaust, wheels and tires. and supplies, and MAN it adds up fast, that I can tell you..!

Thanks also for the comments on the neat / clean work space. This is one thing I always strived for with all my employees at Boeing. Clean as you go. If you don't have something to work on then clean up. I always know where my tools are and they are cleaned before hanging them back up. Something my dad pounded into me as a child....

I have not forgotten to un-tie the Avalanche ...yet....and hope the heck I don't. lol...

All in all, I only used my hand to pull down on the rope which lifted the frame / bike enough to where I could turn it or make a few adjustments as I was reassembling it.

My old time "GETTO" engineering worked well for what I had to do..:happy34:

Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

I am planning on keeping this one for at least a month or so just to look at, but then I will either sell it or donate it to Cyclemos Motorcycle Museum like I did my last restore. I know I will never get out of it what I put into it. I have been keeping a detailed list on everything I bought for it or paid to have done like powder coating, seat recovering, honing the head cylinder out, exhaust, wheels and tires. and supplies, and MAN it adds up fast, that I can tell you..!

Thanks also for the comments on the neat / clean work space. This is one thing I always strived for with all my employees at Boeing. Clean as you go. If you don't have something to work on then clean up. I always know where my tools are and they are cleaned before hanging them back up. Something my dad pounded into me as a child....

I have not forgotten to un-tie the Avalanche ...yet....and hope the heck I don't. lol...

All in all, I only used my hand to pull down on the rope which lifted the frame / bike enough to where I could turn it or make a few adjustments as I was reassembling it.

My old time "GETTO" engineering worked well for what I had to do..:happy34:

Thats it ECK, if you continue to work in and have a clean working area we will have to revoke your man cave privileges. Jeeze you are making the rest of us look bad or at least me. I would show you a picture of my shop if I could open the door. LOL Great looking project, you do nice work for an ex-quality guy. Congrates!!!!!!!

Bubber