IGNORED

Vacation Time Again!!

bongobobny

Well, as some of you already know, Becky and I are hopping aboard a Holland America cruise ship Friday for a 21 day cruise!! We left home this AM in my brand new Chevrolet Impala Premier and had to desl with rain all day! I wasn't sure just how far I could get on a tankful of gas, and the low fuel light came on while travelling westbound on I79. Our exit for Route 19 was around 50 miles so I thought I would see if I could make it there. When I got near the Gassaway exit (HI Skid!!) I scrolled down to how many miles left until zero gas, and it read 44 miles so I ignored the exit and pressed on, thinking there would be a gas station at the exit. WRONG!!! In the mean time, the countdown quit and it just read "low fuel" at around 30 miles to go while still on I79. Well,having an AAA membership I just kept going looking for gas,knowing if I ran out I would be rescued. Long story short, made it to a station, and according to how much it took vs what I am supposed to hold, I still had over a half gallon of gas left, or about 10 - 15 miles left!

This morning was a minor catastrophy, the toilet plugged up and Becky's hair drier died! A plunger finally fixed the toilet, and a stop at Wally World in PA near the WV border fixed the hairdrier issue. Forgot to pick up suntan lotion and bug repellant that we planned on buying, though.

We are holed up in a Hampton Inn about 9 miles from the WV/NC border. Plan on making it to GA tomorrow or possibly close to the FL border. We are meeting up with friends in Tampa Thursday evening for a night out on th town before boarding Friday...

Damn, 21 day cruise. I could never do that. Hell, I gained 10+ pounds on a 7 day cruise.

Have a blast!! what are some of your destinations? We can keep an eye on the news from those locations just in case you need bail money....

Thanks Guys! Yup, I will try to post on a regular basis. Dan, didn't you hear me beep as I drove past?? Sure was foggy in though! I remembered the Shoney's we had the M&E at one year!

Forgot to mention a restaurant chain I never heard of before that we ate at last night, Texas Steakhouse! We were very impressed with the quality and taste of the food there! Becky had a filet that melted in her moth, and I had baby back ribs that were really meaty and tender! Just a half rack and I was stuffed!! We both had asparagus that was cooked the way we like it, still crisp but not undercooked! So, if you are ever travelling and see one of these, be sure to try them out!

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! we're planning a Meet & Greet at Bongo's , short notice!!! everybody is invited. Just need to check out whether they left anything there to eat and enjoy.Hate to see anything eatable going to waste over 3 weeks!!!

Have a great time buddy and wife. Do they have IC on that boat?

Integratrd Circuits?? I'm sure they have chips!!

OK, we made it 8 iles from the GA state line, about 6 hrs out of Tampa. We stopped and visited Becky's older sister today seeing as we are that close to Tampa. Started out with the temperature at 42 degrees and saw a high of 83!

I failed Geography yesterday, we were at the WV/VA border, not the NC border. The GPS confused me as the next instruction was for I77 to Charlotte. Totally forgot about Virginny!! It's such a pretty state too!!

Just watched the premere of this season's Survivor! It was a shame to see my buddy Barrycuda voted off!! (Tony reminds me of Barry for some reason...)

Glad tomorrow is a short drive, we have to get up pretty early Friday morning as we have to get to the docks, and be onboard before 1:00 PM...

OK, here we are in Tampa patiently waiting for tomorrow morning! Our friends who were supposed to meet up with us tonite both got sick, so we will stop over to their house on the way home on the 31st. So, it's down to the final checklist!

I won't be able to post much over the next 21 days but will when I can!

On I95 today heading into FL the count of bikes being trailer'ed vs bikes being rode was pretty even. The GPS sent us west before Jacksonville so we didn't get to see Datona this time around.

Hey, Bongo - wishing you two nothing but the best out there!! Drop a line off the back of that boat and bring me home a Marlin if ya can!! Sounds like you folks are headed for some fun!!!!!

PS - me and @Marcarl are digging thru your fridge here and just wondering,, you got any grey poopon? These brats ya left in the freezer for us that Carl cooked would be a little better if ya did.. Hold on a minute Bob,,,,,,,, carl,,, get back in here with those keys,, I said I got first dibs on the trike............

A 3 week cruise!!!! How terrific. I wish you and Becky an amazing time. I look forward to hearing about the sites, meals and your shore escursion.

You are a lucky, but deserving couple. You have earned this kind of lifestyle.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, we are leaving St Thomas, halfway through the cruise! Yammer Dan, Rosie O'Conners went under about 20 years ago! Had good Conch Fritters at "The Beer Garden" and they were pretty good, more Conch than fritter!!

Sorry I can't post much , internet is slow and at 50 cents a minute I'm not going to spend a lot of time here until Mar 31...

Rosie's was a great place. Right in the center of everything!! That Alley they call a street behind where Rosie's was... try taking a Line truck (Big sucker with the boom and digger on it) with a load of poles on a trailer thru there!!! If they had not been so happy to see us there I don't think it could have been done. And those 90 footers around the Bay with the lights? I planted those!!! Are they growing any???

***SIGH***

Last day on board today, getting kicked off the boat tomorrow morning. Sure has been a great time but it has been long enough that it will be nice to finally get off. Friday night we are visiting friends in Florida, and Saturday visiting Becky's older sister in SC, the work our way home...

Well, we finally got home last night around 8 PM. The place is still standing and everything is intact. So now we have to go back to cooking for ourselves, make our bed, etc!

Becky is going to be busy with laundry for the next few days!!!

I'll post a few pictures in a couple of days, I took around 4 or 5 thousand...

Yeh you better post some pics... and there better be smoke showing out the stacks of that ship otherwise i'm just gonna believe you floated some toy boat in the tub and used someone elses post card as a back drop for some fake pic's.

Now .....should this so called vacation just actually occured ........HOPE YOOOZ HAD A GRRRREAT TIME :backinmyday::guitarist 2::scorched::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::scorched::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::scorched::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::scorched::178::178:

OK, I spent a little time today resizing a couple of the pictures today so here's a rundown of just part of the cruise. This won't quite be in chronological order but I'll try to do the best I can...

Our second port, after Cozumel (which Becky and I both do not like at all,) was the island of Roatan off the coast of Honduras. There we saw a biker gang out terrorizing the local neighborhood...

Dsc_0113.jpg

This I think was their biker bar hangout...

Dsc_0089.jpg

We found some naked chicks in a club next door...

Dsc_0117.jpg

The next day found us in Guatemala where we took a bus tour, and they wouldn't let us off the bus in the city. It is a very impoverished nation as these housing pictures show...

Dsc_0177.jpgDsc_0187.jpg

Once again we found yet another biker gang...

Dsc_0262.jpg

And a motorcycle mama!

Dsc_0227.jpg

Here's Becky checking her purchase from a one-armed pirate...

Dsc_0222.jpg

I found out how he lost his arm, he obviously P.O.'ed his girlfriend...

Dsc_0224.jpg

The next stop was Costa De Mayo, Mexico where we visited some Aztec ruins.

Dsc_0414.jpg

I'll continue the story in a couple of days as soon as I select and resize some more pictures!

Dsc_0144.jpg