IGNORED

3 week trip to Maritimes

dogman

We leave this coming Saturday for a 3 week ride to the East Coast of Canada. We will be towing our tent trailer and hoping to enjoy as many sites as we can.

Planing on riding along the St. Lawrence River through Quebec and around Gaspe, then into New Brunswick along the Gulf of St. Lawrence and onto Prince Edward Island for a week. Then head over to Nova Scotia and ride the Cabot Trail along with the whole exterior along the Atlantic Ocean and back into New Brunswick and of course the Bay Of Fundy.

Just in the process now of choosing our clothing to be packing for the trip. We have some great heat here in Ontario, but out East temperatures can certainly be cooler. Reading Touch's blog reminded us that we need our warm gear and cloths, especially since we will be camping.

I hope you are all able to have some time this summer to be doing some things that really make you happy and keep you young.

As the saying goes, Life is primarily for living, laughing and loving.

We leave this coming Saturday for a 3 week ride to the East Coast of Canada. We will be towing our tent trailer and hoping to enjoy as many sites as we can.

Planing on riding along the St. Lawrence River through Quebec and around Gaspe, then into New Brunswick along the Gulf of St. Lawrence and onto Prince Edward Island for a week. Then head over to Nova Scotia and ride the Cabot Trail along with the whole exterior along the Atlantic Ocean and back into New Brunswick and of course the Bay Of Fundy.

Just in the process now of choosing our clothing to be packing for the trip. We have some great heat here in Ontario, but out East temperatures can certainly be cooler. Reading Touch's blog reminded us that we need our warm gear and cloths, especially since we will be camping.

I hope you are all able to have some time this summer to be doing some things that really make you happy and keep you young.

:scared::scared::scared::sign green with env:sign green with env,,,, :sign outstanding::sign outstanding::sign outstanding::sign outstanding::sign outstanding: Dogman!!!! Hope you folks have nothing but the BEST trip ever brother!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

1. Tidal Bore's - ya just gotta go find a TIDAL BORE!!:dancefool:

2. The tides at the Bay of Fundy are AMAZING and clam diggin/treasure finding is a blast on the miles and miles of exposed ocean bottom:dancefool:

3. Somewhere up there along the east coast of Nova Scotia is this shallow ocean water area with AMAZINGLY warm water that is also amazingly salty - you can float for hours and hours in it just laying on your back - PERFECT therapy if you need to stretch out from 16 hours in the saddle:dancefool:

4. Dont forget our,,,, I mean the :photographing:'s you will want to take for memories sake and it would be really really nice if you shared them with us:big-grin-emoticon:

Have a GREAT trip Dave!!!

Puc

As you know Dave I we just got back from the Maritimes, Primarly Nova Scotia. We had good weather so I hope you do as well. bring lots of bug spray the black flies were nasty. I hope you enjoy a wonderful safe trip and though I just got back I am still envious and wish I was going again because I had to cage it would love to bike it. Maybe next year.

Just posted on FreeBird's ride thread. Take a lesson and the two of you should get out and ride for 15-30 minutes each day to get the muscles into shape for an all day goer.

Have a great time, stay safe and post them pictures you take.

Did that in 2011....You will love the Cabot Trail. Wishing you guys a safe and enjoyable trip.

Sorry no tips on what to see or do...We just rode all the time cause my buddy didn't have time and we did the whole thing in just a week. Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, and the trail in Nova Scotia. :7_6_3[1]:

As you head down the NB coast on the strait stick to secondary roads and you will get better views. Could be a little rought though. Places to see include Kouchibouguac Natl Park, Dunes Boardwalk in Bouctouche, Parlee Beach. On Fundy Coast, take the route from Moncton to Hopewell Cape and see the Rock Prov Park - highest tides in North America, then go to Fundy Park. If you come through Fredericton give me a shout and I could do part of the road with you. Enjoy!

As you head down the NB coast on the strait stick to secondary roads and you will get better views. Could be a little rought though. Places to see include Kouchibouguac Natl Park, Dunes Boardwalk in Bouctouche, Parlee Beach. On Fundy Coast, take the route from Moncton to Hopewell Cape and see the Rock Prov Park - highest tides in North America, then go to Fundy Park. If you come through Fredericton give me a shout and I could do part of the road with you. Enjoy!

Thank you Bert2006 for these suggestions. I hope that we have time to do all of them or at least most of them.

Hope your trip is great so far. Big rain here last night after hot weekend. I stopped at your place Thurs to wish you well in person but missed you.

Sorry I missed you on Thursday. Riding Hwy 132 around Gaspe Quebec is majestic. The ocean on one side and steep mountains on the other side. We saw people BASE jumping a straight down cliff beside the highway. Also doing hand gliding.

Day 1 was a 13 hour ride from 5:20am to 6:30pm when we pulled into a camp site. Only 560 miles, but we went thru some heavy rain in Quebec. It was so hot and the heavy rain fogged up my windshield and visor so I couldn't see. Fortunately we where able to stop safely under a bridge for about 20 minutes until my visor and windshield de-fogged and we took off again. Got about a half hour ride before couldn't see again and pulled over.

Day 2. Our GPS didn't work and either did our radio or intercom which was too bad for all the great sites to talk about as we rode, not to mention wrong turns and stops to look at a map. Not nearly as many miles on day 2 but we knew that as a lot to see and do.

Day 3 the GPS came back to life today but was useless as it wanted to keep taking us back to the planned route I had done as it recognized we missed some roads. The radio and intercom was still non functioning. Today's ride was easily mistaken for when we where in BC driving with the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other side. Views and roads where great. Some nice sweeping turns with up and down grades and some sharp winding turns that made the ride fun. Calling for a lot of rain tonight and all day tomorrow so we got a hotel room instead of camping that way we don't have to pack up in the rain in the morning.

Assuming you're still in the Maritimes, on your way back through NB, you'll have a chance to take one of my favourite routes - 100 km stretch of highway 105 that runs along the St John River, the Rhine of North America. Just a gorgeous run. Take exit 333 off the TCH, just past Jemseg. The route will eventually take you through Fredericton North, and a GPS would be helpful there as several turns are required. Once through Fredericton, though, you'll join up with the river again. Leave 105 at the Mactaquac dam, or continue on and camp the Mactaquac Park. Once across the dam turn west onto the old TCH and look for the first sign directing you to the new TCH.

Picturing that lop eared Seafood eatin Dogman varmint to be camped out next to some seaside Lobster joint with his feet propped up next to a camp fire and :fatsmiley: full of Lobster's right about now:big-grin-emoticon:

Hope all is well brother:thumbsup:

Assuming you're still in the Maritimes, on your way back through NB, you'll have a chance to take one of my favourite routes - 100 km stretch of highway 105 that runs along the St John River, the Rhine of North America. Just a gorgeous run. Take exit 333 off the TCH, just past Jemseg. The route will eventually take you through Fredericton North, and a GPS would be helpful there as several turns are required. Once through Fredericton, though, you'll join up with the river again. Leave 105 at the Mactaquac dam, or continue on and camp the Mactaquac Park. Once across the dam turn west onto the old TCH and look for the first sign directing you to the new TCH.

We just arrived in Nova Scotia last night, so we may take a look at this route on our way back. Would that be before or after The Bay of Fundy?