IGNORED

Southern Ontario to MD 2016

Marcarl

Hi All.

Just to get you all thinking about the MD 2016 traveling arrangments.

That would be the June 10th because MD is June 11.

If you haven't been to MD yet, this is a good time to break that habit. It's the best M&G going. There are enough people there that if you don't like somebody, you can surely find someone else that you might like,,, but I'm normally quite busy,, sorry!

From past experience this is my thinking for this year:

On the 10th, early in the morning, we gather at the Casablanca exit on QEW Niagara
ready to leave
at
9am

With any luck that should get us into the Oberlin area in time for supper and hopefully there will be some food left.

My plan would be to cross the Rainbow bridge in the Falls, then take I90 from there, then 90 to Cleveland.

Stops will be at the Angola service center, another at Erie TA for lunch, then just short of Cleveland for gas and then on to Elyria, check in and then go for supper at Quaker Steak and Lube in Vermilion. If we end up being late, we'll check in later.

As per usual,,, comments will be allowed.

Unfortunately I will not be going again this year as I am once again on a rescue mission to Nova Scotia to replace the siding on my Daughters house which is blowing loose because whoever installed it had no idea what they were doing :think:. The previous owners tried remedying it by randomly running screws everywhere :doh:. So once again I am making a road trip loaded with tools to set things right :backinmyday:. In the mean time I hope you all have a safe trip and hopefully I will be able to make next years

Well I WANT to....I'm just not willing to do like last year and ride about 3/4 of the way home in the rain. Getting too old for that silliness.

Now if you got some rain gear installed, that might change things a bit. And the temp is going to be a lot higher than last year, so you could call it a bike wash.

So far the local Buffalo area forecast calls for a cool Friday, only in the low 60's but no rain for going down. Sunday's coming home weather is mid to upper 60's and no rain. Cleveland is calling for Friday a high of 70, Saturday and Sunday around 80 and no rain either day...

Don......I am going if the weather is OK....will probably make that call Wednesday night or Thursday. If a go, wanna meet up again Friday morning like last time?

That works for me ! Start at Tim Hortons at 401 and Homer Watson? I don't remember where we started from before. Was it the Service Centre on the 401 just East of Cambridge? Whatever works enroute for you. Thinking we meet around 7....hour to Grimsby.... have time for coffee/breakfast before leaving with the group at 9am.

So far the local Buffalo area forecast calls for a cool Friday, only in the low 60's but no rain for going down. Sunday's coming home weather is mid to upper 60's and no rain. Cleveland is calling for Friday a high of 70, Saturday and Sunday around 80 and no rain either day...

You have faith in the weather forecasters. They can't even get the next day right ! They alter the forecast hourly.

Yes Carl, but it will be well worth it just to see my smiling face.........LOL.

Are you planning on riding with us, or are you stopping to see your brother? Not that it matters, I can only put up with you for so long anyways before I break out laughing!

Carl....I have decided that I will grace you with my presence all the way to just shy of the Pennsylvania border, where I will take my leave to go visit my cousin. By the way, the cause of your laughter is that silly grey face looking back at you from your mirror when you ride.:rasberry::rasberry:

Unfortunately I will NOT be going to Maintenance Day this year. As I mentioned Phantom Wife sent away our passports to renew them and just got a call that there was a problem with the form she filled out. I told her we should have gone to London instead.!!!!

Unfortunately I will NOT be going to Maintenance Day this year. As I mentioned Phantom Wife sent away our passports to renew them and just got a call that there was a problem with the form she filled out. I told her we should have gone to London instead.!!!!

I had mine expire a while ago, didn't realize it until we got to the border. Got through though, easy enough, just put a stupid look on my face in a hurry and was let through. For some that procedure is easier than it is for others, for me, it goes easy.