IGNORED

Had to buy another new phone

Eck

I think Im going to take stock out on cell phones..

Let me first say, NO...I did not wash this cell phone in the washing machine.. (Newbies wont understand this comment but many here do..)

While on our recent trip out west, my LG6 phone began acting up. Every time I wanted to use it something was wrong with the phone. When we go up into SD, WY, UT, Washington state I had no cell service..

I was without service for 5 days. My provider was Boost, so my wife and I stopped in at a Wal-Mart and while she was shopping for some snacks and things I went to the electronics / cell phone area and began looking at cell phones. This young man offered me some help and I began asking a lot of questions and telling him my problems. Long story short, he sold me a new phone with Verizon as the service provider. I have had service ever since buying this phone in Oregon. No matter where we were at, I seemed to have cell service even at times my wife did not have service on her phone.

My new cell phone is a LG4. A much smaller phone then the LG6 which did not fit in my pocket. The LG4 does fit in either front or rear pocket. I carry it in my front pocket because I don't want to sit on it.

So far I'm a happy camper with this one...

Now to just keep it away from the washing machine. :fingers crossed:

Word of advice, please, get a good protective case like an otterbox for any phone. I love my otterbox defender case. Has saved my phone so many times when I accidentally drop it.

I looked at the outer box cases for protection, but I find it very difficult to slide the phone into- or out of, my pocket very easily. I mean hey, I don't carry a purse now..

I went ahead and purchased life time insurance on it in case I do drop it or if it breaks/quits working, (or if I decide to wash it in the washing machine...).

My otterbox defender case has a belt clip that is quite sturdy. Mike and I have never lost a phone off the clip while out riding. You can find them cheaper on ebay than almost anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yah!! +1 on the Otterbox, very rugged!!

Yes, the fact of life is Verizon has the best coverage out there, where I live inside our home Verizon is the only one that works!! AT&T have to be next to a window to get any bars, the other bargain services, NADA!!

Unfortunately, they also happen to be the most expensive service out there..

Ditto on the Otterbox.

Wife and I were in WallyWorld last week. She was sniffing the different fragrences...waxy kinda stuff that's so popular now.....set her Samsung Galaxy S6 down on top of the display and walked away. It wasn't a minute before she realized it, so we hot footed it back to the display.....maybe 80 feet away...and it was gone.

I started calling it, and after 2 unanswered calls it went straight to voicemail, telling me the SOB that took it shut it down so that I wouldn't hear the ringer.

Not much we could do, but when I went to the checkout there was a young couple...guy with pants sagging, girl with pink hair. When I walked up to get in line behind them, he leaned over and whispered something to the gal.....she half looked back, but wouldn't make eye contact......he kept half looking back at me, and I figured they were probably the ones who took it. Later, the wife said they were nearby when she was sniffin' around... I couldn't see any evidence of it in his pockets, but she had a purse.....Called Verizon and had it shut down.

I probably should'a called them out on it, but how do you go about such a thing?

Next day, and $600 later, we got her a new S7....(no insurance)

She had a 4 digit passcode on it so they can't get into it, so I wonder how it could be worth anything.

Diminishes my faith in humanity.:headache:

Eck,

i have an LG phone with Verizon and otter box. Like GA stated, strong belt clip, otter box and clip will keep your phone from future ECK disaster. We all know another Eck story is coming to a forum near you :) :)

I have been reviewing the otter box and will be making a choice on one soon, thanks to GA and all the other comments above. Thanks for the input from all.

A smaller phone will also be less wear and tear on your lawnmower blades........................:whistling:

It was me that mowed over my phone.

I now use Straight Talk with an Android 5G phone and use Verizon towers. It costs $45 a month plus tax of about $5. It works good for me and has Wifi, internet and is a lot smarter than I am.

Randy

I had my note 5 in an otterbox defender and still managed to Crack the glass back on the phone. Unlike the others, I have had my phone fall from the belt clip several times. I give it 2 1/2 of 5 stars.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have an LG G3 and cant wait to ditch it. This phone has been shutting off, changes screens to something different than I want. All kinds of bad things. Been doin this for like 6 months or so now. It must know the contract is about up. So far both cell carriers I have had Sprint and Verizon both have needed a booster in the house to work. Sprint would "lend" you one as long as you had service with them. Verizon I had to buy a $200 "extender" so my phones would work in the house. So I am looking at Total Wireless service. It runs off Verizon towers but I can not get a definite answer if my $200 booster will work with that service. Between Verizon and Comcast I work like a week and half for them.

I bought a used Iphone from a friend solely for the ipod use on the Victory. But I am thinking if I can figure out how to use the phone after being android since smart phones came out I may just activate it.

Dion, I'm on Verizon with extender at my house as well. No choice. Does work... But then my MagicJack works too.... Both use internet.

Not perfect but I like Verizon for their coverage wherever I go..... And my Motorola droid has been tough and flawless.

I have an LG G3 and cant wait to ditch it. This phone has been shutting off, changes screens to something different than I want. All kinds of bad things. Been doin this for like 6 months or so now. It must know the contract is about up. So far both cell carriers I have had Sprint and Verizon both have needed a booster in the house to work. Sprint would "lend" you one as long as you had service with them. Verizon I had to buy a $200 "extender" so my phones would work in the house. So I am looking at Total Wireless service. It runs off Verizon towers but I can not get a definite answer if my $200 booster will work with that service. Between Verizon and Comcast I work like a week and half for them.

I bought a used Iphone from a friend solely for the ipod use on the Victory. But I am thinking if I can figure out how to use the phone after being android since smart phones came out I may just activate it.

@djh3, just a suggestion here in case you have not tried this. Remove the battery and do not re-install it for 5 minutes. My LG 4 has been already acting up where the screen brightness goes real dark by itself. I removed the battery on mine and re-installed it about 5 minutes later and it works like it did when I first got it. Just a suggestion if you have not tried it on yours. Good luck!

Well I took the advice of many here and ordered an outterbox for my new phone. It should be here by Weds next week.

Now changing subject just a little here:

When I purchased my new cell phone I went with Verizon and canceled BOOST. This was about three weeks ago. So today, I called my previous cell phone provider (BOOST) and explained to their customer rep that I had to place $50.00 into an account with them last year so that IF & WHEN, I called my son in Australia, the $50.00 was to be used towards the minutes I chewed up talking with my son. I Called my son one time and we spoke for at max, 4 minutes, and that I should have a balance in that account and want it refunded to me since I cancelled my account with them. The customer rep tells me: Sorry, but if you did not request your balance at the time you cancelled the account and went with another provider that they can not refund the money.

Well after a heated conversation and several requests to speak to his manager, I was placed on hold.. 8 minutes later, I'm still oh hold.. I hung up.. Im out (I would think) around $30.00 to $35.00

I do not feel it is right for Boost to keep my money just because I cancelled them. I'm really "upset" about it and yet there is nothing I can do. The rep told me that once the account is cancelled, there is no way to go back into it to make any changes. He said all cell companies are set up like this. I'm not saying all cell companies are like this, but if you decide to cancel your present cell provider, make darn sure you get what's coming to you BEFORE you tell them to cancel your account!.

:mo money: