IGNORED

White Wall Tires - YES or NO? Please dont just vote NO cause your skeerd...

cowpuc

Do you like the White Walls on Freebird's "new" Black 2nd Gen  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the White Walls on Freebird's "new" Black 2nd Gen

• I like them White Walls and think they are WAYYY COOL!!
    • I don't care for them White Walls..

Don,

I have to vote for the WWW.

Dunlop WWW 404. Seems that dunlop has changed compound for my last two sets got 10,500.

I know that guys get better with the E3 and the Avon, however as you have heard me rant about the tire wear that my bike has experienced over the years. All the different tires that I have used. Decided to try the WWW Dunlop 404 again and can live with the tire mileage. Love the look, everytime I stop someone has to come over and tell me how nice the bike looks. WWW & the Diamond Cut Fins, Thanks Mike.

If you are not riding as much stay with the Dunlop 404 unless Michelin comes out with the front and rear.

Guess you will find out if it has the leveling links or not, that makes a difference as to the tire sizes you run.

Bike looks great, glad you have a bike in the garage, hard to be without even if you don't ride that often. How can you beat the Yamaha Bike Value!IMG_0070.jpgIMG_0072.jpgIMG_0073.jpg

I like the WW. I'm looking at putting a set of Shinkos on the RSTC. I probably won't get the same mileage that I would get with a set of E3's but then I won't be paying $300 a set for the Shinkos either. Since the trike axle tires on the RSV are car tires, I might go with Shinkos on the front as well depending on how they do on the RSTC.

I like the WW. I'm looking at putting a set of Shinkos on the RSTC. I probably won't get the same mileage that I would get with a set of E3's but then I won't be paying $300 a set for the Shinkos either. Since the trike axle tires on the RSV are car tires, I might go with Shinkos on the front as well depending on how they do on the RSTC.

Put a Michelin Commander II 130 on the front in reverse rotation. Great grip and wears like iron.

I love white wall tires. When I first looked at my bike an 07 RSV the tires where running thin, I went and priced white walls. Then the guy didn't want to sell, well about two months later he needed money and sold the bike cheaper than I had asked, but he had put on new tires. So when these run low, I am putting on White walls.

I seen the bike it looks great with white walls leave them on

Guest HdHtr
I have SOS pads and Bleche White in the garage. I'll try them until it's time to replace them but likely won't go back with them. We'll see. I think they look fine but not only do I not look forward to keeping them clean but the tires that I prefer don't come in whitewalls. Maybe I'll change my mind.....we'll see.

Good idea Don. Ride the thing until the tires are worn down then replace the whole thing with a first gen ...

Not to hijack the thread but I have to ask, why reverse rotation?:confused24:

Rear tires are designed for forward propulsion, both the structural components and tread design are for "rearward" pushing forces.

Front tires are designed for breaking, structural & tread for "forward" pushing forces.

Rear tires are designed for forward propulsion, both the structural components and tread design are for "rearward" pushing forces.

Front tires are designed for breaking, structural & tread for "forward" pushing forces.

Ok but Michelin make a CMII 130 front tire so you do not have or want to reverse that one. Simpler and safer to install proper front instead of reversing a rear tire in front.

Edited by Bert2006

WOW!! 50/50 so far...

ah, ah,, ah, NOW it's 70/30 in favor of those purdy white walls :stirthepot::stirthepot::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::680:

Dag nab er Bongo,, I cant stand the taste of crow but gotta admit,, looks like crow dinner tonight - right back to almost 50/50 again...

Ok but Michelin make a CMII 130 front tire so you do not have or want to reverse that one. Simpler and safer to install proper front instead of reversing a rear tire in front.

Everyone has their preference, it wasn't a sales pitch but simply explaining why when you go "Double Darkside" and run a rear tire on the front why you would reverse the rotation of the tire. I currently run a 130/70R18 on the front of my venture and there are no "front" tires in that size that last more than 6-8k miles on these bikes so I run a Michelin Pilot Activ rear on my front...

As for the advertisement for the reflective Shinko on a RS Venture...

2016-04-28 20.20.19.jpg

As for the advertisement for the reflective Shinko on a RS Venture...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105130[/ATTACH]

As I look at the picture, it looks like there is a set of LED strip lights mounted on the top of the clear plastic bottoms of the upper fairing, similar to what I have on mine and what Zzyzx has/had on his...

Rear tires are designed with the carcass and belts overlapped for the forces of acceleration that a rear tire produces. A front tire experiences different forces with braking and turning that are better suited to an overlap of the opposite direction of overlap. Plus rear tire tread depth gives more mileage per tire. Trike riders have been doing this for eons, so it's been proven to be safe and effective.

WW tires on a black bike (or car) make me think of a man wearing a black suit with pant legs rolled up about 3 inches, black shoes, black tie, top hat and white socks. Then again, if that's your thing, OK. I'll keep the black walls or maybe on certain bikes some RWL. To each his on.